XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

So how did they build the dry docks :laugh: jk.

Ok that makes sense. I was just thinking of an ISD taking off like an airplane or taking off vertically.

Nah, they have huge repulsorlifts. That can lift the whole cruiser. Without flattening the buildings and putting a huge depression in the ground. Yeah.

The drydocks were probably kept in place with tractor beams projected from ships in stable orbit while being built. In-universe, inertial compensators would be applied to counter the effects of gravity and other forces. (they're commonly used as the explanation why Han and Chewie are smashed to bits by G-forces when jumping to hyperspace.; I think SW stole the idea form Star Trek, but it could be the other way 'round)

Yes, I made that up, there's no canon info to support that theory, although the technology described is 'real' in-universe. It made sense, though. I think.

I know this isn't totally about SW, but it is in the interest of my SW figures! Does anyone know how to remove yellowing from printed parts, without damaging the part or printing? Thanks :classic:

I know this isn't totally about SW, but it is in the interest of my SW figures! Does anyone know how to remove yellowing from printed parts, without damaging the part or printing? Thanks :classic:

I think this has been covered on the forum somewhere, but in case you missed it, you need to know about Retr0bright which is a home made product using hydrogen peroxide, oxygen based detergent, and sunlight or a U.V light source. The ingredients cause a chemical reaction to take place that reverses the yellowing of plastic that contains Bromide as a fire retarding agent. Apparently it is the Bromide that goes yellow/brown as it ages and oxidises, staining the plastic it's in. The Retr0bright is supposed to be the anti browning product and was originally developed by vintage computer collectors.

Making Retr0bright (Note: You don't need to make it into a gel. A simple jar or tub of it in liquid form will do for submerging pieces into.)

A good site HERE

3896915441_15bfe8b99d_o.jpg

I would suggest trying this method on a printed piece you do not want first to make sure it won't harm printing. But apparently it works wonders for plain pieces.

If it's not that complex a yellowing of the parts, I would simply suggest a luke warm soapy bath and gentle brush with a soft toothbrush.

Edited by afosl

This may have been asked before, but do piece counts of sets include minifig parts and minifig weapons or not?

Lord Embo

This may have been asked before, but do piece counts of sets include minifig parts and minifig weapons or not?

Lord Embo

They do. Just look at how Bricklink has 8014's inventory listed as.

I think this has been covered on the forum somewhere, but in case you missed it, you need to know about Retr0bright which is a home made product using hydrogen peroxide, oxygen based detergent, and sunlight or a U.V light source. The ingredients cause a chemical reaction to take place that reverses the yellowing of plastic that contains Bromide as a fire retarding agent. Apparently it is the Bromide that goes yellow/brown as it ages and oxidises, staining the plastic it's in. The Retr0bright is supposed to be the anti browning product and was originally developed by vintage computer collectors.

Might I suggest doing it the easy way, by putting a few pieces in a jar with hydrogen peroxide (3% is enough, you can get it at a pharmacy) and putting it in sunlight. The advantage over this is that applying paste to smaller pieces of Lego isn't that easy and you can easily do multiple parts this way as long as your stir the jar every now and then. May take from a few hours up until a few days (highly dependent on the sunlight I presume)

I can confirm this works as I whitened my sun damaged Imperial Shuttle this way. On a side note had no trouble with the printed piece from the cockpit so I'm sure it's safe.

Might I suggest doing it the easy way, by putting a few pieces in a jar with hydrogen peroxide (3% is enough, you can get it at a pharmacy) and putting it in sunlight. The advantage over this is that applying paste to smaller pieces of Lego isn't that easy and you can easily do multiple parts this way as long as your stir the jar every now and then. May take from a few hours up until a few days (highly dependent on the sunlight I presume)

I can confirm this works as I whitened my sun damaged Imperial Shuttle this way. On a side note had no trouble with the printed piece from the cockpit so I'm sure it's safe.

I did actually mention that this is all you need to do in my post. Making a paste is not required.

I did actually mention that this is all you need to do in my post. Making a paste is not required.

Excuse me then, was just sharing my personal experience on the matter. Just confirming it works and what my experience with the matter is. No harm ment.

All three were built in orbit; for the SDs the answer is that they were built in drydock, which in SW just means tethered very securely to a bunch of orbital space stations. On Kuat that's a ring that encircles the planet. As for the DS... it's Lucas physics. Also, Venator's were equipped with landing gear and could land on the planet like Accalamators, with the former seen in RotS and the latter in AotC, both landed on Coruscant in the Clone rally grounds. The Emperor's palace courtyard was described as 'able to house a Victory-class SD', so I assume those could land, too.

Wookieepedia says:

The [Maw Installation where construction on the Death Star began] was actually located within a safe zone inside the cluster discovered just prior to the start of the project. The remaining area of the Maw was saturated in radiation, plasma, and strong gravitational forces. Anything that neared the edge of the Maw would notice pieces of their ships being pulled apart, and some smugglers and criminals used it as a shortcut past the Kessel Run.

I like to assume that they built the Kuat shipyards the same way they built the Halo (I guess it's vice versa, since the shipyards came first).

Imperial Star Destroyers don't have repulsors - as such, any video game or comic book that shows them flying in a planet's atmosphere (like Battlefront) is WRONG. (The Battlefront games tend to change a lot of things for game mechanics - for example, the shape of the rear harpoon of the T-47 in Battlefront II.) And wheels don't exist in the Original Trilogy, so they couldn't take off like a plane either. (The Juggernaut is an Expanded Universe vehicle.) Besides, the bottom of the Star Destroyer is angled, and there is no landing gear, so how could they possibly take off from the ground? Even in a space opera universe, that wouldn't make sense.

However, Victory cruisers were designed with atmospheric assault/defense in mind, so it would make sense that they would have repulsorlifts.

All three were built in orbit; for the SDs the answer is that they were built in drydock, which in SW just means tethered very securely to a bunch of orbital space stations. On Kuat that's a ring that encircles the planet. As for the DS... it's Lucas physics. Also, Venator's were equipped with landing gear and could land on the planet like Accalamators, with the former seen in RotS and the latter in AotC, both landed on Coruscant in the Clone rally grounds. The Emperor's palace courtyard was described as 'able to house a Victory-class SD', so I assume those could land, too.

Hmm, this has got me thinking- in Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn, the ship the Outbound Flight is unable to land safetly due to it's deign. How, then, did they build it and take off, or was it also built in space? I forget if they mentioned that in the book.

Wookieepedia says:

I like to assume that they built the Kuat shipyards the same way they built the Halo (I guess it's vice versa, since the shipyards came first).

Imperial Star Destroyers don't have repulsors - as such, any video game or comic book that shows them flying in a planet's atmosphere (like Battlefront) is WRONG. (The Battlefront games tend to change a lot of things for game mechanics - for example, the shape of the rear harpoon of the T-47 in Battlefront II.) And wheels don't exist in the Original Trilogy, so they couldn't take off like a plane either. (The Juggernaut is an Expanded Universe vehicle.) Besides, the bottom of the Star Destroyer is angled, and there is no landing gear, so how could they possibly take off from the ground? Even in a space opera universe, that wouldn't make sense.

However, Victory cruisers were designed with atmospheric assault/defense in mind, so it would make sense that they would have repulsorlifts.

Sorry, should've been clearer with my pronouns, I was only referring to the Acclamators, Venators, and Victories when I was talking about the repulsors. It was Ritz Brick who mentioned ISDs and taking off like a plane.

As for the DS, I was talking about the portion of construction over Despayre, where the mass was constantly changing and the DS had to be in a stable orbit.

Hmm, this has got me thinking- in Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn, the ship the Outbound Flight is unable to land safetly due to it's deign. How, then, did they build it and take off, or was it also built in space? I forget if they mentioned that in the book.

Outbound flight was comprised of Dreadnaughts, which as Old Republic ships relatively small compared to the SDs could easily contain repulsors for a planetary landing. Outbound Flight was probably assembled in orbit, since all the repulsors would be pointing towards the central core.

One question I always had, was, why are the prices for the sets much higher then most other themes? (This might of been answered already, sorry if it has.)

I mean, the Slave 1 isn't that big of a set, yet it is $80.00USd, what is up with that???

One question I always had, was, why are the prices for the sets much higher then most other themes? (This might of been answered already, sorry if it has.)

I mean, the Slave 1 isn't that big of a set, yet it is $80.00USd, what is up with that???

Isn't it because they're licensed and starwars is super popular so Lego knows we will buy it even if its insanely expensive?

Yep, it's because of licensing fees.

Yep, it's because of licensing fees.

Okay, that is what I thought. Is it that way with any of the other Licensed themes? (I don't follow them closely :blush: )

Also, how come Star Wars hasn't had printed legs, and arms, ever since Boba Fett?

Okay, that is what I thought. Is it that way with any of the other Licensed themes? (I don't follow them closely :blush: )

Also, how come Star Wars hasn't had printed legs, and arms, ever since Boba Fett?

New bomb squad troopers will

Classic Tatooine Luke and the Stormies in Imperial Inspection had them too.

Han from the 6212 X-Wing also has leg prints.

sw088.jpg?0

same legs on the exclusive luke with the visual dictionary

So basically there are quite of few leg prints on starwars figs :sweet:

Why aren't there as many minifigs in sets(generally) as there was in previous years?

Lord Embo

A couple of reasons:

Minifigs are expensive, which is why battle droids come in higher quantities than true 'figs. (e.g., MTT and Battle of Naboo)

There aren't any more appropriate minifigs. (e.g., V-19 Torrent)

TLG designers have to hit a certain price point that is determined before designing begins, and a lot of times the set may go over that point. When that happens, the designer has to find things to remove from the set. Also, less minifigs can allow the designer to add more pieces amd make the functions of the model better. Of course, there are sets such as Battle of Endor and DS playset that have a lot of figures, but with the exception of BPs they're usually higher priced sets and they probably won't hit the 10:1 parts to price ratio.

And the new Clone Trooper Commander in the upcoming battle pack will as well :wink:

EDIT: Why do you think all of a sudden with the upcoming january wave TLG are releasing so many new figures? Is it just to raise prices on the sets or because of Lego Star wars fans demands for new figures?

Edited by commanderneyo

Why do you think all of a sudden with the upcoming january wave TLG are releasing so many new figures? Is it just to raise prices on the sets or because of Lego Star wars fans demands for new figures?

I'm thinking the second one. :wink:

And the new Clone Trooper Commander in the upcoming battle pack will as well :wink:

EDIT: Why do you think all of a sudden with the upcoming january wave TLG are releasing so many new figures? Is it just to raise prices on the sets or because of Lego Star wars fans demands for new figures?

I think it is because they are trying to get the business all us Clone Customizers have had for a while.