XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

This is not really about lego but, if the Death Star was made to destroy planets all over the universe, how does it move?

Yeah this is not LSW-related, but just to feed your curiosity, here's what Wookieepedia has to say:

"Facilitating the Death Star's realspace propulsion were a network of powerful ion engines that transformed reactor power into needed thrust. In order for the Death Star to be a deadly threat, it needed to be mobile. Using linked banks of 123 hyperdrive field generators tied into a single navigational matrix, the Death Star could travel across the Galaxy at superluminal velocities. The incredible energies harnessed by the station combined with its great mass gave the Death Star magnetic and artificial gravitational fields equal to those found on orbital bodies many times greater in size." - Wookieepedia

Actually there is a fleshie Qui-gon jinn but most people got the obi wan kenobi head. So you had to phone them up for a replacment which I never did :hmpf_bad:

I bought a sealed 7665 Republic Cruiser last November off of ebay and it had the Obi-Wan head. I figured it was unlikely, being that the set had already been discontinued for about a year, but I emailed TLC Customer Service and asked if they had any Qui-Gon heads and they did and sent one to me. It's worth a shot to try it, IMO.

I was looking at the stickers on Anakins Y Wing and noticed that the red republic ones have started peeling. I only bought the thing 2 months ago. I've tried putting more pressure and they still peel off. The paper used also seems fairly thin. I'm going to resort to gluing them soon.... Same with the Swamp Speeder, the red stripe that goes around the engine has begun peeling (3 months old). I put a bit of glue on it but it came back off again.

Has this happened to you?

I just bought another clone pilot for my ARC-170 and when I put him in I noticed that the stickers for the computer displays were peeling (the rest of the stickers for the set are fine though). I've had a couple other sets with stickers that peeled (some horribly) but I can't figure out any pattern to them. Just some stickers are bad batches I guess.

I've played around with the assembly, and it's the pressure of the AT-AT on the legs. The left-front leg and back-right legs are synchronized, just like the right-front and back-left are synchronized. When the former set reaches the highest point of it's step, the latter set is at it's lowest point. When a set is at its lowest point, the chassis exerts the most pressure on the leg assembly, and the motor has to apply a little extra power than usual to get the leg 'over the hump' to the point where the pressure on the leg assemblies is no longer straight downward. Since LEGO motors have only one strength and speed, the motor slows down for a little bit before it gets over that extra bit of pressure and resumes normal operation.

Hope that made sense. :blush:

I've noticed this too. I was very careful putting my AT-AT together though, so aside from this mine walks fine. It's a very intricate set with a ton of moving parts, so if something was misplaced or connected incorrectly, I could definitely see how it could cause the walker to have trouble. Mine actually walks better on solid floors rather than carpet though.

I just bought another clone pilot for my ARC-170 and when I put him in I noticed that the stickers for the computer displays were peeling (the rest of the stickers for the set are fine though). I've had a couple other sets with stickers that peeled (some horribly) but I can't figure out any pattern to them. Just some stickers are bad batches I guess.

This hasnt happened to my Arc yet, but the same control panel sticker was one of the ones in my republic swamp speeder and its peeling.

TLC is also really good with replacement parts. On my snowspeeder from 1999, I noticed one of the printed pieces was all crooked. and they actually sent me a new one. (took about a month)

I just dump everything on the bed, floor, or if it is small enough, on my desk. I don't have patience for sorting, so I just build straight away.

Which Deah Star did you build? Yeah my 10188 had 4 white boxes numbered 1-4. Inside were numerous bags. Sorted by sub assemblies and numbered 1-7

Yea the play set one,I had four white boxes with NO number bags :hmpf_bad:

Wow. I have to say that that does not sound fun. I think if my Death Star didn't have numbered bags, my finacee agrees that she would actualy enjoy sorting pieces. As a kid she used to enjoy sorting a tub of colored beads. Sorting them by color. Once they were all sorted out, she would dump them back into the tub for a later day.

Wow. I have to say that that does not sound fun. I think if my Death Star didn't have numbered bags, my finacee agrees that she would actualy enjoy sorting pieces. As a kid she used to enjoy sorting a tub of colored beads. Sorting them by color. Once they were all sorted out, she would dump them back into the tub for a later day.

Well lets just say it was funish :wacko:

I never sort lego :blush: I just dump it in a box though I have a big box off pieces I like and are useful

Well lets just say it was funish :wacko:

I never sort lego :blush: I just dump it in a box though I have a big box off pieces I like and are useful

Yeah but sifting thru 3800+ pcs does not sound fun. As you can probably tell, I hate looking for pieces.

Yeah but sifting thru 3800+ pcs does not sound fun. As you can probably tell, I hate looking for pieces.

Well funnily enough The Death Star is the one and only set I ever sorted the pieces *oh2* Thats a big for me :tongue:

How do you guys and gals build your legos?

For small to moderate sized sets, I will open all of the bags but leave the pieces inside. Then I proceed to build in my easy chair, fishing individual parts out of the bags as needed.

For larger sets I'll dump the bags into the box if they are not numbered. For numbered bags, I open only the bags I need at the time.

If you really want to have some fun, try building a set you know well by feel only. :wink: At one time I could (and did) do this with the Clone Walker Battle Pack.

Mine actually walks better on solid floors rather than carpet though.

I would expect that; it's easy for the 'feet' to sink into and catch on the carpet, and it's harder for the motor to deliver enough push against a soft surface.

sw188awvg.jpg

I got 4 Troopers today, they look like the one one the picture, except that the chest isn't grey but black. Anyone knows of which set they are part of?

I couldn't find any info on peeron or brickset.

I got 4 Troopers today, they look like the one one the picture, except that the chest isn't grey but black. Anyone knows of which set they are part of?

Do you mean the shadow was block, or the torso? If the torso was black, then it was a shadow trooper torso.

sw188awvg.jpg

Could be from the magnet set. Look for "China-stamps" on the inside of the arms.

They have stamps on them?

More like rectangular imprints, but they are just as annoying either way. :hmpf:

More like rectangular imprints, but they are just as annoying either way. default_hmpf.gif

That is, if they ARE Chine prints....

sw188awvg.jpg

It's from the latest edition of the Stormtrooper-Y-wing Pilot-AT-ST Driver magnet set. I do also know someone who got them in a very late 'edition' of the Stormtrooper BP.

Edited by Brickdoctor

A question i have always wondered about:

On the Clone Turbo Tank, which side is the front? I always figured it was the thinner end, with the "neck", because it looked more like a head. But it looked like Lego wanted the front to be the fat end, since that is the end facing you on the box. And in RotS, i think in one brief moment they were seen rolling around on Kashyyk and the fat end was going first.

Thanks,

Tricky-Brick

On the Clone Turbo Tank, which side is the front? I always figured it was the thinner end, with the "neck", because it looked more like a head. But it looked like Lego wanted the front to be the fat end, since that is the end facing you on the box. And in RotS, i think in one brief moment they were seen rolling around on Kashyyk and the fat end was going first.

Thanks,

Tricky-Brick

If you look at the following picture you will see it's the "fat end" thats the front

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080121184533/starwars/images/2/25/Juggernaut_ICS.jpg/

Thanks,

Tricky-Brick

I think it's the one with the trans-black pieces on it.

I have a question for y'all, why do you think TLG has never made a SW realistic blaster?

I have a question for y'all, why do you think TLG has never made a SW realistic blaster?

Probably because they wanted a Blaster which could be used for almost every Character.

Probably because they wanted a Blaster which could be used for almost every Character.

That would be my guess. Sure, we know which blasters go to clones, which go to stormtroopers, what goes to Han Solo... but a lot of people don't. So, a lot of kids aren't going to care that they have Princess Leia waving around a DC-15 blaster.

Also, it's a sorting nightmare- I'm sure there would be plenty of screwups in which the wrong blasters go into the wrong set.

That would be my guess. Sure, we know which blasters go to clones, which go to stormtroopers, what goes to Han Solo... but a lot of people don't. So, a lot of kids aren't going to care that they have Princess Leia waving around a DC-15 blaster.

Also, it's a sorting nightmare- I'm sure there would be plenty of screwups in which the wrong blasters go into the wrong set.

Also, I think some of the "realistic" guns from Star Wars would have some sharp, or fragile parts on them, making it dangerous for kids to use.