XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Heres my question just for kicks i wonder how big an acual minifig scale Death Star would be ? LOL

Heres my question just for kicks i wonder how big an acual minifig scale Death Star would be ? LOL

Wow how weird I was thinking this just last night. Well here's what I thought they said in the movie it was the size off a small moon,that's about all we came up with :tongue:.Oh and it would be the biggest building in the world :tongue:

According to Wookiepedia, Death Star I was 160 km in diammeter. So saying that an average person is 6" tall, I estimate that a Lego figure is 1.75" tall. Thereby making the Lego Death Star diammeter 2.41 miles or 3.88 km.

Considering that Death Star II is 900 km in diammeter that would make for a 21.825 km Lego DSII or 13.55 miles in diammeter.

Anyone here not like the pupil eyed minifig faces like the new Han Solo, from the ATAT set, or the Celebration Luke that comes in the Visual Dictionary book? I like them. Im just curious what your thoughts are.

One more question is, does anybody know how to get 2 AT-RT's into the AT-TE in lego form. I have watched episode 21 of TCW (S1) and I still cant understand how I can get two in there :wacko:

(Just to clarify, the AT-RT's that I am using are the same ones from the new CTT)

Thanks very much,

Batman1±

The short answer is that you can't- The AT-TE doesn't have a floor. :laugh:

Believe me, I've tried. The easiest way is to reverse or remove the black Technic 'L' bricks, and plate over the remaining area; but there's no simple way to make the floor drop down.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Anyone here not like the pupil eyed minifig faces like the new Han Solo, from the ATAT set, or the Celebration Luke that comes in the Visual Dictionary book? I like them. Im just curious what your thoughts are.

Personally I'm not too keen on them but could well eventually warm to them, like i did with the change from yellow to 'fleshie' figures. I think they look good but the idea of them making my non-pupil figures sort of obsolete doesn't fill me with too much happiness. However, like i said i will probably eventually warm to them once they form a good proportion of my figures. The new bobas face does look awesome though!

How do you guys and gals build your legos?

I usually dump all the pieces into a big tray. Recently I have been using my 4504 Millenium Falcon box or a similar sized box from Fed Ex used to ship laptops. They are nice and shallow.

My fiancée helped me build the Death Star this weekend. She loves looking for the pieces while I like assembling and building. Only if there is something small and simple or cute does she want to build it. Like the mini figs and Darth's Tie Advanced.

We don't bother sorting pieces but we only opened the bags by numbers.

Unless the bags are numbered, i usually find a shalllow cardboard box, or in some cases the set's box itself, and dump all the pieces in there at once. I haven't the patience for sorting all of the pieces, and i enjoy chasing for the pieces i need. Of course once in a while i cant find a piece, and i get a bit worried. Usually i find it, except in the case of my republic cruiser, which was not only missing pieces but was in the box in large chunks. I guess it had been built once before, broken apart(badly), and then stuffed back in the box and resealed? Who knows what they were doing at Toys R Us that day...

I usually dump all the pieces into a big tray. Recently I have been using my 4504 Millenium Falcon box or a similar sized box from Fed Ex used to ship laptops. They are nice and shallow.

My fiancée helped me build the Death Star this weekend. She loves looking for the pieces while I like assembling and building. Only if there is something small and simple or cute does she want to build it. Like the mini figs and Darth's Tie Advanced.

We dump them in the grass and we never sort by color. :tongue:

We dump them in the grass and we never sort by color. :tongue:

Do you also shoot flick fires at your eyes?

But for my two real questions.

First

For anyone else who has the Motorized AT-AT-I have noticed on mine when it walks, that the left front leg and the back right leg seems to stop moving (as if the gears get stuck). Then it clomps down and the other legs move fine. I've tried it on hardwood floor and carpet and it does the same thing. I picked it up and looked underneath but it moves smoothly. Has this happened to anyone else?

Second

I was looking at the stickers on Anakins Y Wing and noticed that the red republic ones have started peeling. I only bought the thing 2 months ago. I've tried putting more pressure and they still peel off. The paper used also seems fairly thin. I'm going to resort to gluing them soon.... Same with the Swamp Speeder, the red stripe that goes around the engine has begun peeling (3 months old). I put a bit of glue on it but it came back off again.

Has this happened to you?

For anyone else who has the Motorized AT-AT-I have noticed on mine when it walks, that the left front leg and the back right leg seems to stop moving (as if the gears get stuck). Then it clomps down and the other legs move fine. I've tried it on hardwood floor and carpet and it does the same thing. I picked it up and looked underneath but it moves smoothly. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've played around with the assembly, and it's the pressure of the AT-AT on the legs. The left-front leg and back-right legs are synchronized, just like the right-front and back-left are synchronized. When the former set reaches the highest point of it's step, the latter set is at it's lowest point. When a set is at its lowest point, the chassis exerts the most pressure on the leg assembly, and the motor has to apply a little extra power than usual to get the leg 'over the hump' to the point where the pressure on the leg assemblies is no longer straight downward. Since LEGO motors have only one strength and speed, the motor slows down for a little bit before it gets over that extra bit of pressure and resumes normal operation.

Hope that made sense. :blush:

The short answer is that you can't- The AT-TE doesn't have a floor. :laugh:

Believe me, I've tried. The easiest way is to reverse or remove the black Technic 'L' bricks, and plate over the remaining area; but there's no simple way to make the floor drop down.

Hmmmm, I've been also wanting to do this but never found the time to do it. Maybe I should try, as I've always though there will always be a way to make something possible in lego, but I guess it would have to entail major overhauling/redesigning of the 7675 AT-TE.

I was looking at the stickers on Anakins Y Wing and noticed that the red republic ones have started peeling. I only bought the thing 2 months ago. I've tried putting more pressure and they still peel off. The paper used also seems fairly thin. I'm going to resort to gluing them soon.... Same with the Swamp Speeder, the red stripe that goes around the engine has begun peeling (3 months old). I put a bit of glue on it but it came back off again.

I've also experienced this with the 7676 RGS stickers. I think the problem lies when you apply the stickers the first time with little pressure, it has the tendency to peel off. Once peeled-off, dirt goes to the peeled-off part underneath the sticker and the adhesive is totally lost and cannot be applied anymore. I think the best way is to apply these stickers with much pressure, especially on the edges, during the first time to avoid peeling off.

Edited by KielDaMan

I've played around with the assembly, and it's the pressure of the AT-AT on the legs. The left-front leg and back-right legs are synchronized, just like the right-front and back-left are synchronized. When the former set reaches the highest point of it's step, the latter set is at it's lowest point. When a set is at its lowest point, the chassis exerts the most pressure on the leg assembly, and the motor has to apply a little extra power than usual to get the leg 'over the hump' to the point where the pressure on the leg assemblies is no longer straight downward. Since LEGO motors have only one strength and speed, the motor slows down for a little bit before it gets over that extra bit of pressure and resumes normal operation.

Hope that made sense. :blush:

Yea, that makes sense. So what you're saying is theres nothing I can do and I have to deal with a limping AT-AT?

You had number bags on your Death Star :hmpf_bad: I had no number bags :sceptic:

You had number bags on your Death Star :hmpf_bad: I had no number bags :sceptic:

Which Deah Star did you build? Yeah my 10188 had 4 white boxes numbered 1-4. Inside were numerous bags. Sorted by sub assemblies and numbered 1-7

Do you also shoot flick fires at your eyes?

But for my two real questions.

First

Second

I own the AT-AT, and I had some problems with it when I first built it. Seems that I had some pins misplaced, so it limped a lot. He does walk better on carpet, since wood/tiled floor makes it trip a little bit. Here is a video of my AT-AT in action, although limping a bit because the head was destroyed and then misplaced on the way to that meeting :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKoKcUzp4b4

EDIT: Forgot this part :hmpf_bad: I had no problems with stickers so far, and I own most of the new stuff since last year.

Edited by Diaaabo

I own the AT-AT, and I had some problems with it when I first built it. Seems that I had some pins misplaced, so it limped a lot. He does walk better on carpet, since wood/tiled floor makes it trip a little bit. Here is a video of my AT-AT in action, although limping a bit because the head was destroyed and then misplaced on the way to that meeting :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKoKcUzp4b4

EDIT: Forgot this part :hmpf_bad: I had no problems with stickers so far, and I own most of the new stuff since last year.

That video is hilarious!

Personally I'm not too keen on them but could well eventually warm to them, like i did with the change from yellow to 'fleshie' figures. I think they look good but the idea of them making my non-pupil figures sort of obsolete doesn't fill me with too much happiness. However, like i said i will probably eventually warm to them once they form a good proportion of my figures. The new bobas face does look awesome though!

i usually dump my legos onto the carpet in my room for sets $50 or more. For anything else like battlepacks that are less than $20. I usually rip open the back of the box so i can dump my pieces in the box. also i use a bunch of those boxes for extra pieces.

I just dump all of the parts out on the floor. :laugh:

Anyone here not like the pupil eyed minifig faces like the new Han Solo, from the ATAT set, or the Celebration Luke that comes in the Visual Dictionary book?

I like them better than the Black eyed ones.

Yea, that makes sense. So what you're saying is theres nothing I can do and I have to deal with a limping AT-AT?

If you don't want to make any changes. Otherwise, you can try lessening the weight of the model or modding in an XL Motor. You might want to make sure all the pins are in the right place, too, like Diaaabo said.

Generally I follew the building instructions default_laugh_new.gif .

But yeah, I usually dump them on the floor, and occasionally I sort it.

hey everyone,

In the Separatist Shuttle set, is Onaconda's head hard plastic like with the older molds, or rubbery like they've been doing lately?

Thanks,

Tricky-Brick

hey everyone,

In the Separatist Shuttle set, is Onaconda's head hard plastic like with the older molds, or rubbery like they've been doing lately?

Thanks,

Tricky-Brick

It's hard plastic. I believe it's the same mold as the prievious Greedo head.

This is not really about lego but, if the Death Star was made to destroy planets all over the universe, how does it move?