XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when the Imperial Star Destroyer 75252 and the A Wing 75275 are most likely to retire?

Recently got back into collecting Lego Star Wars and trying to budget for all the sets coming this year but at the same time I don’t want to miss out on these two.

15 hours ago, SmartieZ said:

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when the Imperial Star Destroyer 75252 and the A Wing 75275 are most likely to retire?

Recently got back into collecting Lego Star Wars and trying to budget for all the sets coming this year but at the same time I don’t want to miss out on these two.

Sorry, cannot help you with the A-Wing, but several UCS sets in recent years have only been up for sale for 12 - 18 months, so it may be close to retirement as it came out last May 4th.

The Star Destroyer is likely even closer to retirement since it has been out Since October 2019.

Now that said, perhaps they are looking at longer shelf life if things are selling well.  The latest UCS Millennium Falcon has been on shelves for longer than expected (although there are rumours it is now officially retired and will disappear from Lego sites once the current supply chain issues are solved).

Nothing really definite there, sorry.

Cheers :)

4 hours ago, Eagle75 said:

Hello,could you share please qualitative links for minifigures from aliexpress

Welcome to eurobricks! I'm not sure I understand your question entirely. I would suggest not using aliexpress to purchase minifigs, as most "lego" listings on the site are fake.

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Welcome to eurobricks! I'm not sure I understand your question entirely. I would suggest not using aliexpress to purchase minifigs, as most "lego" listings on the site are fake.

It doesn’t mean that I don’t know about fakes on this site,I know it , but maybe minifigs from there can be good?

and thanks for response  

Edited by Eagle75

I was wondering if someone here used the new roadplates to build ship hangars (inside of a destroyer, rebel base...) 

i was thinking about it instead of an expensive docking bay with tons of tiles for the imperial shuttle (arrival of the emperor) or for landing the MF

So I’ve finally ended up ordering the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer. Anyone that actually owns it, would anyone be able to tell me how wide it is? I want to display it on a wall shelf but unsure how wide that’d need to be. I know the set itself is 66cm wide at its widest, but wondering how much shelf space I’d need to be able to display it without the stand hanging off even an inch. 
If anyone could help that’d be appreciated a lot. Thank you!

On 1/27/2021 at 12:51 AM, SmartieZ said:

So I’ve finally ended up ordering the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer. Anyone that actually owns it, would anyone be able to tell me how wide it is? I want to display it on a wall shelf but unsure how wide that’d need to be. I know the set itself is 66cm wide at its widest, but wondering how much shelf space I’d need to be able to display it without the stand hanging off even an inch. 
If anyone could help that’d be appreciated a lot. Thank you!

I don't own one,  but seeing as no one's yet answered I'll give it a shot. If I understand correctly, you're looking for the width needed where you could put the star destroyer on the shelf and not have the stand hang off. You should be able to find this by finding the distance from side of the star destroyer to the opposite side of the stand. I don't have the energy to open the digital instructions and look through, but if you find the width of the stand in studs you can transfer that to cm and do this:

width (stand) /2 + width (star destroyer (66)) /2 = stand width/2 + 33cm.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't own one,  but seeing as no one's yet answered I'll give it a shot. If I understand correctly, you're looking for the width needed where you could put the star destroyer on the shelf and not have the stand hang off. You should be able to find this by finding the distance from side of the star destroyer to the opposite side of the stand. I don't have the energy to open the digital instructions and look through, but if you find the width of the stand in studs you can transfer that to cm and do this:

width (stand) /2 + width (star destroyer (66)) /2 = stand width/2 + 33cm.

Appreciate the help, mate. I feel really stupid because now that you told me how to calculate it, it seems super simple. Thank you. For those of you interested (doubt there’d be anyone) it’s about 44-45cm.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, SmartieZ said:

Appreciate the help, mate. I feel really stupid because now that you told me how to calculate it, it seems super simple. Thank you. For those of you interested (doubt there’d be anyone) it’s about 44-45cm.

Thank you!

My UCS ISD sits on a shelf that is indeed 45cm wide and the stand fits on it exactly. Obviously the ships hull overhangs the edge of the shelf :wink:  but its all good  

I was wondering if this happened to someone else...

Lego just banned me from their website, they are suspicious about me ordering large amount of pieces repeatedly over a short period of time and sent me an email saying it's probably not for "personal use" 

since when is it forbidden to order whatever we want online ?

for god's sake, are they aware that they have millions of fans all over the world and that some of them are building MOCs ????

I especially liked the phrase: we appreciate that you love and support Lego but from now on we invite you to buy Lego anywhere else but on lego.com 

I can't even order official SW sets on their website...

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

I was wondering if this happened to someone else...

Lego just banned me from their website, they are suspicious about me ordering large amount of pieces repeatedly over a short period of time and sent me an email saying it's probably not for "personal use" 

since when is it forbidden to order whatever we want online ?

for god's sake, are they aware that they have millions of fans all over the world and that some of them are building MOCs ????

I especially liked the phrase: we appreciate that you love and support Lego but from now on we invite you to buy Lego anywhere else but on lego.com 

I can't even order official SW sets on their website...

Ouch. I have heard of bans and that a ban really does mean a total website ban, but mostly it was for people abusing B+P repeatedly for free parts. I've definitely read small print before somewhere on the B+P site warning that the parts are not for resale, but then there was also a form or something you used to be able to fill in if you wanted more than 200 pieces of a particular part which seemed to me an acknowledgment that people may want to buy bulk for MOCs and such. I think you may have had to provide your reasoning on the form though. I can't seem to find any of that info on the site anymore though. Even so considering that B+P allows you to order up to 200 of each part at a time that's quite a lot of parts they allow you to order. Just how many parts have your ordered if you don't mind me asking? There's one user who regularly posts their B+P hauls on the Licensed Bricks and Pieces thread and from what I can see they regularly order a whole lot of parts too, often the new and interesting parts as well which could seem like the patterns of a reseller (not saying they are just what it could look like to Lego). Yet they've not been banned as far as I know. All you can do is ring Customer Service, but I haven't heard good things about getting accounts reinstated. :(

I have several orders exceeding 200 pieces but if you look at the details it's like 20 tiles, 20 plates, 20-30...

and I have done this a few times because it's cheaper than BL...

you start building a MOC and you need some parts and for another MOC you need similar pieces, so instead of repaying shipping fees for small orders I prefer to order 10, 20 or more of each part and have some spare just in case I need it in the future and that's how I finally end up buying repeatedly the same parts

if i had built an ISD you could easily imagine that I would have ordered not 10 or 20 but 50-100 of each pieces.

in 2 emails lego told me their decision is definitive :(

2 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I have several orders exceeding 200 pieces but if you look at the details it's like 20 tiles, 20 plates, 20-30...

and I have done this a few times because it's cheaper than BL...

you start building a MOC and you need some parts and for another MOC you need similar pieces, so instead of repaying shipping fees for small orders I prefer to order 10, 20 or more of each part and have some spare just in case I need it in the future and that's how I finally end up buying repeatedly the same parts

if i had built an ISD you could easily imagine that I would have ordered not 10 or 20 but 50-100 of each pieces.

in 2 emails lego told me their decision is definitive :(

That is unfortunate. The order limit isn't 200 pieces total, but 200 pieces of each part in one order. I've never done it, but theoretically you could order 1000 pieces 200 of 5 different pieces or more even. It must be the fact that you've ordered the same part by the sounds of it over and over that's flagged - must look like you're restocking a store. But I did the same thing once when I needed some tiles for an MOC - well I say the same, I bought 100 2x2 tiles on about three separate occasions. Tiles don't go far when you're creating flooring.

So I think it's absolutely ironic that they're penalising you for buying parts directly from them to use for creative purposes and MOC exactly as their product is supposedly intended. Sounds like you'll have to go to BL from now on, but who knows, you might get parts cheaper and faster in the long run and help out the little person at the same time.

for example, just for modding the engine of the millenium falcon, i needed more than 100  1x2 trans-light plates. There are so many MOC requiring plenty of the same pieces.

Until recently i used BL, but i never could buy all my pieces from the same store so this meant splitting the wishlist into multiple orders, meaning multiple shipping fees. So I ordered most of my needs on lego.com and when some items were not available, i ordered the remaining parts on BL, it was much cheaper for me.

Now i have no choice but using BL only :(

There was a clear sentence in the emails saying that their decision was definitive and no discussion is possible as they made their mind. So it was impossible to defend myself. I sent one last email asking if i could send pictures of my Lego SW collection to prove that i am building MOCs...

Does anyone know if the AT-AP walker, 75243 is going to come back or is that dead for good? I missed it in my dark ages and can't find one for less then 100 anymore. 

45 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Does anyone know if the AT-AP walker, 75243 is going to come back or is that dead for good? I missed it in my dark ages and can't find one for less then 100 anymore. 

They are on a six year cycle, 2008, 2014, 2020 (or it could have been 2019) it should come out again in 2026

Am waiting for the razorcrest to come back in stock. Received 2 notification emails today saying its back in stock. Was able to check15 minutes after the first notification, none in stock. 

Second notification, checked 7 minutes after receiving it, none in stock. 

Have phoned up customer service... Apparantly, its so popular, sooo many have signed up to receive the notification that by the time (or even before) all notifications have been emailed out, they've already all sold out. So, pointless... 

If you want it, just gotta keep refreshing the page yourself every day, every hour, every minute until you get one :sad:

I know Lego has a purchase limit of 3 for any set, but here's my question:

I bought 3 of the 501st Legion sets around New Years, and I want to order 3 more. Will they cancel my order, or has enough time passed for them to not care?

There are alternative sites/stores which have them in stock from time to time, but ordering from the source would be much more convenient.

49 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I bought 3 of the 501st Legion sets around New Years, and I want to order 3 more. Will they cancel my order, or has enough time passed for them to not care?

There are alternative sites/stores which have them in stock from time to time, but ordering from the source would be much more convenient.

I don't know, but I don't think they would mind. I imagine the purchase limit would prevent you buying more than three at one transaction. Alternatively you could create a new Lego account or purchase as a guest buyer, albeit sacrificing VIP points.

I cannot imagine them tracking your address or being that sophisticated in attempting to restrict their sales, especially since the rush for the set seems to have subsided now, despite it being out of stock though.

Edited by Stuartn

On 2/19/2021 at 10:47 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

there are plenty of youtubers going to Lego stores and coming back home bragging about buying tons of the same sets and Lego does not prevent from buying multiple units in store but only on their website...

so, I guess if you want to build an army of troopers, one must buy from any other website but lego.com :(

I had to mix purchases from second hand websites, bricklink and retail stores to get my 50 stormtroopers just because i could buy them from lego.com

last year i had a representative over the phone and she said: "sir, this is odd, why do you need 50 stormtroopers ???" :hmpf_bad:

Hello all, in an effort to streamline the Star Wars forum I've created some new topics, unpinned others, and overall tried to organize it. As such this topic will now be unpinned. You can continue your discussion in the new General Star Wars thread.