XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Depends on how much you are willing to spend or how detailed you want it to be, I was asking the same question a few weeks ago and ended up buying a 75153 AT-ST.

Pretty happy with it.

AT-ST MOCs, I would have spend at least 150 euros. Here 35 euros + some extra pieces I have replaced because discolored over time + extra pieces to mod it to accommodate 2 pilots, so around 40 euros in total

4 hours ago, Csaba said:

Any opinions on the best minifig scale AT-ST? Ideally, I'd like something that uses a SNOT design and hides the holes in the technic pieces. I'm happy to go with a MOC or official set.

Rogue one's official lego AT-ST is pretty good, though I'm sure someone's made a MOC that's slightly better in terms of scale. If you mod it to include some of the updates the raider at-st makes, it should be pretty dang good. (You can also easily mod it to fit two pilots as it should.

5 hours ago, Csaba said:

Any opinions on the best minifig scale AT-ST? Ideally, I'd like something that uses a SNOT design and hides the holes in the technic pieces. I'm happy to go with a MOC or official set.

AnotherGol's most recent AT-ST is excellent in regards to your criteria, however not the most stable of designs and has a few inaccuracies in favor of a cooler looking model. Brickvault's AT-ST seems more structurally sound, though there is some exposed technic on the legs. Both look to be about the same scale, and can hold two pilots. I'm in the process of making a model that mixes my favorite elements of each as well as parts of my current design, so if neither model really satisfies you I'd suggest designing/modifying one yourself, or buying one of lego's sets.

Thanks for the suggestions. AnotherGol's AT-ST looks interesting. I'll have a look at some of the reviews.

I am currently getting minifig-sized Rebel ships (X-Wing 75149, Y-Wing 75172 & 75249..) but I have no TIE in my collection.

TIE ships look pretty big depending on the set one picks, especially the TIE fighter...

I was wondering which tie fighter, tie interceptor, tie bomber I should get to have ships around the same size vs Rebel ships ? and also i would like to have all the TIEs to be matching each others in terms of size too and avoid having one ship way bigger than others. 

I am considering second hand official ships before MOCs in terms of budget.

I have already listed the official 75154 tie striker.

any suggestion ? thanks

My favorite TIE fighters are the 2016 TIE Advanced from the Rebels subtheme and the 2018 basic TIE fighter from the Solo subtheme.

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

I am currently getting minifig-sized Rebel ships (X-Wing 75149, Y-Wing 75172 & 75249..) but I have no TIE in my collection.

TIE ships look pretty big depending on the set one picks, especially the TIE fighter...

I was wondering which tie fighter, tie interceptor, tie bomber I should get to have ships around the same size vs Rebel ships ? and also i would like to have all the TIEs to be matching each others in terms of size too and avoid having one ship way bigger than others. 

I am considering second hand official ships before MOCs in terms of budget.

I have already listed the official 75154 tie striker.

any suggestion ? thanks

I've done an interceptor and bomber in a similar style to the 2018 TIE fighter, if you want I can send you a stud.io file for the interceptor for free.

There aren't any official bombers or interceptors that aren't blue, but the 2018 TIE is pretty good and if you're looking at scale, the 2021 one looks good too.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've done an interceptor and bomber in a similar style to the 2018 TIE fighter, if you want I can send you a stud.io file for the interceptor for free.

There aren't any official bombers or interceptors that aren't blue, but the 2018 TIE is pretty good and if you're looking at scale, the 2021 one looks good too.

that would be very nice of you, thank you

please feel free to send me a PM for the file

if you have time, would you mind posting a picture of your TIEs next to each others so that I can have a visual comparison in terms of size

thanks a lot

On 10/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Following your advice I've gone for the 75211 tie fighter. Now wandering if I should get a second one to have Vader surrounded by 2 tie fighters like in the movie. Then I would need to build a Tie advanced

oh, ok, my mistake

I got rid of the speeder bike supplied with the AT-AT and replaced it by an older one. I found it not very accurate and less detailed than former speeder bikes.

I am going to mod them as soon as I receive the pieces and I have also replaced the snowspeeders by scout troopers

I'm working on gathering parts for 10221 and 93168 are crazy expensive now in LBG, upwards of $15 a piece. Does DBG look fine for it?

Also, are there any other part substitutions I should do?

Edit: So auto-select is just bad, they're as low as $5. Still, for 7 of them, that adds up.

Edited by Gremer2

36 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I'm working on gathering parts for 10221 and 93168 are crazy expensive now in LBG, upwards of $15 a piece. Does DBG look fine for it?

Also, are there any other part substitutions I should do?

Edit: So auto-select is just bad, they're as low as $5. Still, for 7 of them, that adds up.

not sure what part 93168 is, it's not showing up on bricklink or google for me. 

Unless it's a large panel, you should be fine. If it is a large panel, depends on how you think it'll look personally.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

not sure what part 93168 is, it's not showing up on bricklink or google for me. 

Unless it's a large panel, you should be fine. If it is a large panel, depends on how you think it'll look personally.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93168#T=C

It's the engine part. I'm assuming it should look fine, I just want to make sure just in case.

5 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Best stormtroopers to mass buy based on price,availability and looks?

here's four options: 

sw0188: Pros: not too expensive to mass in large amounts, helmet and torso prints are good. Cons: no leg printing.

sw0585: Pros: most detailed and updated design with the old helmet mold, single troops are pretty cheap. Cons: The few sellers with large amounts aren't selling them for cheap.

sw0578: Pros: pretty cheap to mass, detailed design. Cons: stylized rebels design 

sw0997: Pros: The most detailed and updated design using even dual-molding, cheap to mass on bricklink, currently 3 are available in a $20 set with 2 other figures as well. Cons: uses a dual-molded helmet that many find inferior to the older one.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

sw0578: Pros: pretty cheap to mass, detailed design. Cons: stylized rebels design 

Thank you,love these the most and they are pretty cheap.

Has anyone modded or changed the colors of Luke's landspeeder ?

i am tempted by the set but this salmonish color is aweful

Is the death star being sold out meaning it is retired forever? If so are there any rumors of new Death stars? (sorry I asked this on another star wars forum as well but I don't know which one is the correct one for this question.) 

Instead of putting my minifgs and ships on a classic baseplate (several, actually), I was wondering if there are some methods to build up this kind of support 

and if there is a name for it ?

I would like to avoid putting my hoth elements on just white baseplates, it feels empty and the white baseplates will get dirty and yellow over time...

I am planning on putting the Rebel trench, a AT-ST, AT-AT and some snowtroopers.... would it be strong enough ? 

and finally, is it expensive to build or is there some trick to optimize the build ?

thanks

Edited by macaron35

@macaron35 it's bricks stacked up and then flipped on their side, the hoth and endor promos are more good examples.

I'm sure it'd be strong enough, how expensive it is depends on what bricks you use but it's probably more expensive than stocking up on 32x32 baseplates. It'll look much better than just baseplates though.

If you're planning on making a large moc I'd use baseplates and build up terrain onto it with bricks to stop it from being too flat. 

Thanks for the advice

by the way what is the piece used as a large inverted wall ?
he is using several of them instead of bricks for filling the space, it could be cheaper than just bricks but also a bit weaker