XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

This is a bit random, but the thought popped into my head today and I was curious - What early (say 1999-2005ish) SW molds or prints have remained the same since being introduced?  

I know battle droids are an obvious one and are entirely unchanged, the astromech and protocol droid molds have stayed the same this entire time, Qui-Gon's hairpiece is the same, and I believe the Gungan mold is the same?

Old ben's hair! :laugh:

Aside from a few other hairpieces, I don't think any other 2005 molds are the same, besides the Rodian, Male Twi'leck, and rebel pilot helmet @LurkingEhlek mentioned.

5 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

The Gungun mold is different with more depth to the eyelids in the original version. A more apt example would be the Rodian head which as seen plenty of use since greedo. Bib Fortuna's headpiece was also shared between versions. Lightsabers are obviously the same configuration, but apart from those and what you mentioned, as a rule of thumb a lot of early molds have been phased out (Or in the case of the Rebel Pilot Helmet, given an altered helmet once then reverted back to the original). 

Ah, alright, I've only ever had the old Gungan head so I wasn't sure, it definitely does look fairly similar to the current one.  I forgot about Greedo, that might be one of the few early "alien" figures that actually holds up compared to current ones.  Never had a Bib Fortuna figure so I wasn't sure if the mold was the same either.

Lightsabers and helmets were obvious ones I should've remembered.  So in other words, not much, like I'd assumed.

Brickset has three articles on the progression of the various Star Wars races over time which shows just how much has changed since first released.   

I dunno, but the Metal Earth toy has it too.

I'm looking to BrickLink the UCS B-WIng. I'm not particularly bothered about it being exactly the same as the original release so I was wondering if anyone that has done is able to recommend any substitutions that would bring the cost down? It looks like I should be able to save a few quid by replacing 10312pb03 with 50986pb005 and I'll probably pass on the stickers.

In one of my copies of the 501st battle pack, a clone trooper's helmet is misprinted where the "mouth" part is at the very bottom of the helmet, making the trooper look very odd and out of place. I filed a request with lego customer service, but it seems like it will take up to 7 weeks to ship. Is it better for me to call them, or do I really have to wait 7 weeks before they'll send me a replacement for their misprinted part?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

In one of my copies of the 501st battle pack, a clone trooper's helmet is misprinted where the "mouth" part is at the very bottom of the helmet, making the trooper look very odd and out of place. I filed a request with lego customer service, but it seems like it will take up to 7 weeks to ship. Is it better for me to call them, or do I really have to wait 7 weeks before they'll send me a replacement for their misprinted part?

My Bricks and Pieces orders took around 7 weeks so you might be stuck waiting. Calling only takes 10 minutes though so it's worth a shot.

@Mandalorianknight I had a similar issue with the helmet of the T-16 Skyhopper pilot in the recent Skyhopper vs. Bantha battlepack.  Called into Lego Customer Service as I could not get anything to submit through the web portal.  They were very friendly and arranged a replacement.  Within 5 days I received a notice saying a replacement had shipped.  I am still waiting for the package to arrive, as mail service is still messed up due to COVID-19 in my area.

I will let you know when things arrive, but like @Csaba I would recommend calling in for the replacement.  Lego Customer Service did seem very concerned about the printing error and the operator asked me several questions about the printing error so that the information could be passed on to the production side.

Cheers :)

I'm considering Bricklinking the 10221 Super Star Destroyer, but I haven't found too many good reviews on it. Is it a pretty good set? Is it sturdy?

I know the bottom is too flat, which doesn't really bother me.

Do somebody know the answer, why is the boxart of the Knights of Ren Transport differ from the other Rise of Skywalker sets? I find it very odd.

2 hours ago, Phellra said:

can you buy SW Minifigs separately? 

Yes from places like eBay, Bricklink, Facebook, etc. Due to licensing restrictions LEGO themselves are not allowed to sell figures individually but do occasionally release them as promotional items. If you're in Europe they also have a LEGO Star Wars magazine that occasionally includes a Minfigure on the cover. 

little question about imperial speeder bike on Hoth...

75288-lego-starwars-at-at-review-hothbri

there are several versions and they all come with snowtroopers

I was wondering if it would be accurate to replace snowtroopers but scout troopers ?

410guPag05L._AC_SS350_.jpg

because I was considering snowtroopers on the ground only and scouts on bikes

scouts are on bikes in Ep III but it's definitely not winter time

That would be reasonably accurate, yeah. The first Incredible Cross Sections book actually has an illustration of a scout trooper on Hoth:

74-Z_Hoth.png

He has slightly different armour, and it looks like there's a snowtrooper backpack mounted behind him on the bike, connected to his suit. So if you want to, you could go all-out, give the scout white hands and legs, and add the heater pack on the bike. But a regular scout trooper minifig is already a lot more accurate than a snowtrooper.

it was 7 years ago and Lego said it wasn't a mosque anway, let's hope some fanatics will not dictate Lego what they can and what they can't do...

Edited by macaron35

4 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Does anybody think LEGO will issue the Jabba's Palace set again after the Islamic controversy

Honestly I can’t see it regardless of what I thought about the incident. It’s a shame. 

10 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Does anybody think LEGO will issue the Jabba's Palace set again after the Islamic controversy

Honestly I think it depends upon if their leadership gives in to the demands of random people on twitter, or if they actually have some guts. I doubt any of the people that were triggered by a lego set being based on an iconic star wars location that could be construed as vaguely resembling a mosque were going to buy lego sets anyway. :laugh:

just spent 2 hours sorting bricks out by color into separate boxes including one just for technic pieces

time will come for a task that I fear most... identifying each piece for an inventory 

would you recommend me a website for that inventory ? bricklink ?

4 hours ago, macaron35 said:

just spent 2 hours sorting bricks out by color into separate boxes including one just for technic pieces

time will come for a task that I fear most... identifying each piece for an inventory 

You've been asking a few questions about hoth and moc-related things? Looking forwards to seeing what you're working on.

It's going to be pretty painstaking any way you do it. Bricklink works pretty well, but it's still going to be pretty tough to get everything into an inventory.

14 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Yup Bricklink or Brickset are my go to places.  Sometimes its worth seeing how they categorise the various parts (slopes, wedges, tiles etc) and then do a sort of your pieces into the main categories first and then (depending on how much you have to sort) you can decide if you need to go into sub-categories and then individual parts or go straight into the parts.  Even breaking down a single UCS set into a full inventory is an effort - I'd bricklinked the original UCS y-wing and snowspeeders prior to their re-release, so once the new versions arrived I then parted my copies back into my inventory - took a lot longer that I'd expected as you forget just how many different parts there are.   

16 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Yup Bricklink or Brickset are my go to places.  Sometimes its worth seeing how they categorise the various parts (slopes, wedges, tiles etc) and then do a sort of your pieces into the main categories first and then (depending on how much you have to sort) you can decide if you need to go into sub-categories and then individual parts or go straight into the parts.  Even breaking down a single UCS set into a full inventory is an effort - I'd bricklinked the original UCS y-wing and snowspeeders prior to their re-release, so once the new versions arrived I then parted my copies back into my inventory - took a lot longer that I'd expected as you forget just how many different parts there are.   

thanks for the advice, i'll probably do this for the 75188 Resistance Bomber as I need its parts to build up Starbricks' Bomber

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You've been asking a few questions about hoth and moc-related things? Looking forwards to seeing what you're working on.

It's going to be pretty painstaking any way you do it. Bricklink works pretty well, but it's still going to be pretty tough to get everything into an inventory.

I can't wait to move forward with everything i have to build

Instead of buying the Assault on Hoth set I am trying to rebuild just the trench + turrets but I made some rookie mistake when using bricklink. I have realized that I never received all the pieces i needed or that I ended up already having the pieces I needed in my stock just because I never sorted them out.

So this weekend, I finally did it.