XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think the only stickers you would miss are the large ones on the wings. But I'm also not sure the ball turrets would look that great without their prints... those go a long way to selling the dome pieces as the turrets. I guess it would depend what print they had instead.

I'm using the ones from the 2002 gunship, I already have one and it's about 70 cents to get another (instead of $40 each for the 2013 ones. For the large wing ones, I have the 2 pieces the sticker is put on, but in white instead of light grey, which I think should work.

Thanks for the advice!

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've been looking at getting a republic gunship, but they're pretty dang expensive. I have yet to look through to see which pieces I have in my collection already, but currently it's $100 plus 4 orders of shipping without the figures or sticker sheet and using a different print for the bubble turrets. 

Does anyone have the gunship, and do you think it would look good without the stickers?

I did bricklink mine without the figures and stickers and I agree with @jdubbs that apart from the ones on the wings -and maybe the ones with the republic logo- the rest are not that essential, although I was looking at replica stickers on ebay that go for much less than the original sheet.

That said I'm sorry for the prices of the ball turret, I was lucky to snag the four needed from a local seller for 0.29 each and have to agree that the prints do matter in this case.

Also while looking trhough the pieces you already own keep in mind the old trick of color-swapping the internal ones if you already own them in a different color, I'm sure it saved me quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

I did bricklink mine without the figures and stickers and I agree with @jdubbs that apart from the ones on the wings -and maybe the ones with the republic logo- the rest are not that essential, although I was looking at replica stickers on ebay that go for much less than the original sheet.

That said I'm sorry for the prices of the ball turret, I was lucky to snag the four needed from a local seller for 0.29 each and have to agree that the prints do matter in this case.

Also while looking trhough the pieces you already own keep in mind the old trick of color-swapping the internal ones if you already own them in a different color, I'm sure it saved me quite a bit.

Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to keep that trick about the internal pieces in mind!

Hi, Sorry i am new here. I hope i am posting at the correct thread.
I am new to lego MOC and i am inspired to learn and try doing my own SW MOC.

That being said, I am clueless on how to resolve off-axis  angles and hope someone can advise and teach me the proper way.
1. I copied star destroyer wing design. Ie. to go off at an angled axis, with a hinge at front. Need find a way to hide it
2. However i cant find a suitable hinge to help connect the end on the right. Hope to get some advice on the know-hows here.
3. I wanted to get a clean no-gap exterior and hence i tried incorporating a hinged-4x2 that creates a 28deg in the center. However, is there any way to cover up that mini trapezium hole?
927597533_legoside1.PNG.d0999b21da88e1ded71ccf95a38f5f71.PNG

Thanks so much!

Welcome to eurobricks, @din0_21!

I'm not that good at MOC making, but I came up with 3 solutions.

You could put some rounded 1x2 plates with one stud on the 2x4 and one over the hole, then adding 1x1 quarter circle tiles over the hole. I believe that would cover it. This isn't too obtrusive and likely to work but doesn't fit your current angular design.

You could put some more angled plates on top of the 2x4 and 8x4 pieces, with the wider end covering the hole. This would keep the design as close as possible to what you've shown but I don't know for sure if it'd work.

The third option depends on what your MOC is going to end up being, but you could remove some of those 4x2s to lower it and then stack some plates on that 2x4 and place a tile over the hole. I don't know what your intentions are for the end shape of this MOC though, and it might change the design too much.

I hope one of these helps.

Has anyone built the Victory-I or Lucrehulk V2 from Jorstad Designs? I'm interested in both of them, but I want to know how stable they are and if there's any rare, expensive parts required for them before I buy the parts list.

Is there any reason why lego doesn't use 3L bar pieces for shoto sabers for characters like Yoda and Ahsoka? They already have it in the trans bright green and light blue colors so they might as well. Hell, I'm planning on using them for double bladed sabers myself since the 4L bars just seem too long and unwieldy in lego form.

2 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

Is there any reason why lego doesn't use 3L bar pieces for shoto sabers for characters like Yoda and Ahsoka? They already have it in the trans bright green and light blue colors so they might as well. Hell, I'm planning on using them for double bladed sabers myself since the 4L bars just seem too long and unwieldy in lego form.

They seem to be used in translucent colors mainly in CMF sets, although there are a few exceptions like construction kylo. It's possible it has something to do with the slightly different plastic used in CMFs.

Good idea though, I want to use one of those trans green ones for my yoda now!

I want to buy the UCS Falcon from the online Lego Shop, but its out of stock. How often is this the case? Do scalpers buy them all the second it gets in stock? is there a way for me to be notified when it is in stock? Im in Australia btw

8 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I want to buy the UCS Falcon from the online Lego Shop, but its out of stock. How often is this the case? Do scalpers buy them all the second it gets in stock? is there a way for me to be notified when it is in stock? Im in Australia btw

I think the best you can do is just wait for it to restock if you want to buy directly from lego. Looks like there aren't any on bricklink in australia except for one $400 more than what lego sells it for. There's one for $660 NISB in france, so with shipping to australia you might be able to get it for around the $800 retail price.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the best you can do is just wait for it to restock if you want to buy directly from lego. Looks like there aren't any on bricklink in australia except for one $400 more than what lego sells it for. There's one for $660 NISB in france, so with shipping to australia you might be able to get it for around the $800 retail price.

I don’t really want to buy it from bricklink, considering the size and price of the set. I’m just gonna check LEGO Shop and Myer until it’s in stock.

Does anyone know whose Tie Bomber MOC is in this video at 2:20 and if instructions are available?

Edited by Csaba

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

It's not the one pictured in the video you linked to, but Barneius' version is similar, and I've heard nothing but good things about it:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-22018/barneius/bomber-twin-ion-engine-bomber/

I think this one is quite a bit smaller. The one you've linked to appears to be minifig scale whereas the one in the video is the same scale as the UCS TIE Fighter.

It's still a really nice model. I'm working on Jerac's minifig scale TIE Bomber at the moment, this has made me want another minifig scale bomber :)

Pretty sure they're both System scale. Both use a 6x6 cockpit glass piece, wing panels are the same number of studs tall, etc.

Given that it now seems definite that they won't be producing a minifig scsle/system set release of a TIE bomber, can anyone point me in the direction of what seems to be a decent moc out there (instructions available would be a big pro) that also fits a minifig in it? 

56 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Given that it now seems definite that they won't be producing a minifig scsle/system set release of a TIE bomber, can anyone point me in the direction of what seems to be a decent moc out there (instructions available would be a big pro) that also fits a minifig in it? 

I'm not sure if there are instructions for the bomber specifically, but Jerac's TIEs are the gold standard I reckon.

58 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Brickvault has instructions for purchase. They've got TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, and TIE Advanced all in the same scale. You can buy the instructions 1 at a time or as a bundle.

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

There are several on Rebrickable that will hold minifigs, including Barneius', which I linked to above. There's another one that's around 1000 pieces, roughly equivalent to what LEGO would do, I would guess.

I wont say which figure exactly, but someone bought out almost every US Bricklink store of a certain Star Wars figure (that was going for ~$20 new over the last 6 months) and now has 6 of them listed for almost 4x that price. They are now the lowest priced seller of that complete figure in the US. The scalpers are getting out of hand man.

Has anyone else who owns the 75244 Tantive set experienced bubbling with the stickers around the cone / cockpit pieces? I'm very good when applying my stickers and have never had bubbles show up over time like they are here. It's very irksome given that they provide a lot of the detail on the front of the set. 

On 8/15/2020 at 8:19 AM, Archer said:

Has anyone else who owns the 75244 Tantive set experienced bubbling with the stickers around the cone / cockpit pieces? I'm very good when applying my stickers and have never had bubbles show up over time like they are here. It's very irksome given that they provide a lot of the detail on the front of the set. 

I built up my old Tantive and got to say, much as I hate stickers on curved parts, the colour mismatch between the white mold and the white-on-trans print for the cone pieces is really irksome. I wondered about getting some aftermarket cones and stickers to replace the printed trans parts.

This is a bit random, but the thought popped into my head today and I was curious - What early (say 1999-2005ish) SW molds or prints have remained the same since being introduced?  

I know battle droids are an obvious one and are entirely unchanged, the astromech and protocol droid molds have stayed the same this entire time, Qui-Gon's hairpiece is the same, and I believe the Gungan mold is the same?

The Gungun mold is different with more depth to the eyelids in the original version. A more apt example would be the Rodian head which as seen plenty of use since greedo. Bib Fortuna's headpiece was also shared between versions. Lightsabers are obviously the same configuration, but apart from those and what you mentioned, as a rule of thumb a lot of early molds have been phased out (Or in the case of the Rebel Pilot Helmet, given an altered helmet once then reverted back to the original).