XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

36 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Any chance 75192 will be back in stock by this weekend?  I'm kicking myself for not ordering it before...I couldn't stomach $800, but now if it's really gone, I'll regret not having bought one.

Nothing's ever really gone.

We know the factory in China only had a minor effect from covid-19, but I suspect the factories in Europe have had a bigger impact. And the distribution process has definitely been slowed everywhere. Of course, there's also very likely a big surge in buying, as people are looking for new ways to stay entertained. I doubt the sets that are temporarily out of stock will have been effectively retired a full 8 months early. But... if there were unique parts that they had stopped producing and now run out of earlier than planned, they've got some hard decisions about which ones they're willing to re-run just to replenish supplies of sets that they'd planned to retire. Certain sets, like 75192 aren't likely a problem for them. Worst case is they'll just make more parts and bump back its retirement a little. Even if they had a replacement set lined up, they can always just delay the release of that one a little while longer. But that one might be in a limited category as far as that goes because it's such an iconic set.

Edited by autolycus

Not sure if this has been asked before, but any ideas as to why TLG stopped using the 6x6 hinged dish for the TIE canopy tops? It's such a great piece and works better than the old 4x4 radar dish on a hinged plate.

Pals! Do somebody know when did the Betrayal on Bespin set retired? Why did it have such short lifetime?

Edited by Anak

Just now, Anak said:

Pals! Do somebody know when did the Betrayal on Bespin set retired? Why did it have such short lifetime?

Because it sold poorly.

Btw just checked the Stonewars comparison with the old/new AT-AT and I really like the changes done with the new one; the angles are better, more details, wider body and the legs are a bit longer I believe. 

12 minutes ago, Anak said:

December 2019. It apparently sold very poorly. And will probably end up being the only set ever in the Master Builder Series, even if they make another large playset style set again (a la Ewok Village, Assault on Hoth, and Betrayal at Cloud City/Bespin).

8 hours ago, Anak said:

It was marked as "sold out" for the US and Canada back in november, but it was still on the italian site at the beginning of april. Then they announced the new UCS A-Wing and it disappeared, even searching for the set number specifically gave a "page not found" although the url clearly stated the name of the set. I wrote to customer service about that (usually sets go through a "retiring soon" period, this one did not) and they also spewed the same thing about being retired in december, and that's sad 'cause I was looking forward to the double VIP points. I advise you to turn to bricklink as I did.

Edited by Per_SW

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

It was marked as "sold out" for the US and Canada back in november, but it was still on the italian site at the beginning of april. Then they announced the new UCS A-Wing and it disappeared, even searching for the set number specifically gave a "page not found" although the url clearly stated the name of the set. I wrote to customer service about that (usually sets go through a "retiring soon" period, this one did not) and they also spewed the same thing about being retired in december, and that's sad 'cause I was looking forward to the double VIP points. I advise you to turn to bricklink as I did.

Thanks for explanation and the advice. I have planned to buy the set on this May the 4th event, but it seems I've waited too long. It's interesting it didn't have a "retiring soon" period as you said.

Edited by Anak

Really quickly, I have 13 hours (or less if it sells out, which is probable) to decide whether I should buy the 20th Anniversary Slave I.  It looks wonderful, but I've already bought so much LEGO this year.  I have been very privileged with my job situation, but that could change  On the other hand, double VIP points and more promotional goodies are tempting, plus that set is likely to retire this year, and this may be my last chance to get it.  Does anyone have the set?  Is it worth $120 USD?  Thanks so much, folks!

8 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Really quickly, I have 13 hours (or less if it sells out, which is probable) to decide whether I should buy the 20th Anniversary Slave I.  It looks wonderful, but I've already bought so much LEGO this year.  I have been very privileged with my job situation, but that could change  On the other hand, double VIP points and more promotional goodies are tempting, plus that set is likely to retire this year, and this may be my last chance to get it.  Does anyone have the set?  Is it worth $120 USD?  Thanks so much, folks!

I bought the set mainly for Zuckuss and to use some parts to modify my UCS slave one, but I built it and I must have kept it in one piece for at least a month (which is very rare when buying sets just for figs/pieces) before slowly picking away when necessary. The build is great, it has a nice technic structure to help achieve some angles and it looks quite a lot like a smaller version of the UCS model.

3 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

I bought the set mainly for Zuckuss and to use some parts to modify my UCS slave one, but I built it and I must have kept it in one piece for at least a month (which is very rare when buying sets just for figs/pieces) before slowly picking away when necessary. The build is great, it has a nice technic structure to help achieve some angles and it looks quite a lot like a smaller version of the UCS model.

Thank you so much for sharing your take on this set!  I'm still on the fence, but that doesn't mean I don't want it.  I'll let you all know tomorrow morning!  :grin:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but was there ever an 'official' explanation as to why the Rebel pilot helmet mould from the 2018 X-Wing has seemingly been retired? With the 4+ X-Wing and 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder I just assumed it was a combination of making the figures taller and the mould being pricey, but it doesn't appear in the AT-AT either. I'm happy for the return of the original mould, I just find it a bit strange that they would go through the trouble of making this intricate new piece only to do away with it immediately. It also has me wondering if the new Stormtrooper helmets will be retired in order to bring the original mold back (which I wouldn't mind, while I don't dislike the new one the original looked much better in my opinion). 

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but was there ever an 'official' explanation as to why the Rebel pilot helmet mould from the 2018 X-Wing has seemingly been retired? With the 4+ X-Wing and 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder I just assumed it was a combination of making the figures taller and the mould being pricey, but it doesn't appear in the AT-AT either. I'm happy for the return of the original mould, I just find it a bit strange that they would go through the trouble of making this intricate new piece only to do away with it immediately. It also has me wondering if the new Stormtrooper helmets will be retired in order to bring the original mold back (which I wouldn't mind, while I don't dislike the new one the original looked much better in my opinion). 

Lego doesn’t explain decisions like this. But if I had to guess, it was probably because the rebel pilot helmet was universally despised. The stormtrooper helmet wasn’t embraced by everyone, but it didn’t get the same kind of backlash. 

12 minutes ago, clonewarsfan1 said:

Also, does anyone here know how to become a LEGO leaker?

Step 1: Get a job at LEGO. 
Step 2: Leak things. 
Step 3: Get fired. (Just kidding! There is no step 3.)

Be sure to tell them your intentions when you apply. It’s sure to help you through the door. 

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

Like @jdubbs said, people hated that new rebel helmet. We don't know if they'll do the same thing with stormtroopers yet, but I agree with you that they should (partially because I've got 20-something stormtroopers with the old helmet design)

34 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Step 1: Get a job at LEGO. 
Step 2: Leak things. 
Step 3: Get fired. (Just kidding! There is no step 3.)

Be sure to tell them your intentions when you apply. It’s sure to help you through the door. 

"Hi, I'd like to apply for a job at lego. I have no intention of doing my job, but I really want to leak information out." - future lead designer of the star wars theme :laugh:

1 hour ago, clonewarsfan1 said:

Why are the prices of LEGO sets in China sooo overpriced!? A First Order AT-ST costs either 100 dollars or 114 dollars, I forgot which one. That's like so many times more expensive than the actual price in America being only 40 dollars! Why is that?

Different countries have different currencies.

Edited by tfcrafter

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Lego doesn’t explain decisions like this. But if I had to guess, it was probably because the rebel pilot helmet was universally despised. The stormtrooper helmet wasn’t embraced by everyone, but it didn’t get the same kind of backlash. 

Oh I see. I always thought it looked very off-model myself, and on top of that the height increase it gave to minifigures made it more difficult to fit them in the cockpits of ships. 

On 5/16/2020 at 8:01 AM, Willsy said:

What irritates me most about that is that we waited like 19 years for an updated Biggs figure, just for them to make a terrible helmet and retire the mold after one use anyway. :hmpf_bad:

Looking on brickset, there was a 3 year gap between the clone wars sets for the "final season" in 2014, and the next TCW set in 2017. We then got a set or two based on the series per year, with this year an exception due to season 7. Is it possible that rebels could have a similar thing, with one or two sets per year after a few years with no sets? I heard the rebels sets sold poorly, which could factor into it, as well as the upcoming rumored show.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

, as well as the upcoming rumored show.

I'd say we will get Ghost and Phantom sets and that's all. The Ghost would probably sell great seeing as it goes for 4x the original price (or more) on bricklink

Not so much a question as a public service announcement: apparently the LEGO factory in Mexico will be re-opening on June 1, which means that stock in several countries including the United States, should be replenished within a month or so (including the UCS Millennium Falcon).  At least that's what LEGO employees are being told.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:10 AM, RogueTwo said:

Not so much a question as a public service announcement: apparently the LEGO factory in Mexico will be re-opening on June 1, which means that stock in several countries including the United States, should be replenished within a month or so (including the UCS Millennium Falcon).  At least that's what LEGO employees are being told.

Thank you for updating on this. Would you or anyone else know the long-term status of these SW lego sets? All of them are sold out on lego.com... I was curious if they will be replenished or if they are effectively retired...

D-O

Boba Fett Helmet

Storm Trooper Helmet

Tie Fighter Helmet

5 minutes ago, thorin said:

Thank you for updating on this. Would you or anyone else know the long-term status of these SW lego sets? All of them are sold out on lego.com... I was curious if they will be replenished or if they are effectively retired...

D-O

Boba Fett Helmet

Storm Trooper Helmet

Tie Fighter Helmet

They are not retired. COVID-19 is causing disruption to the supply chain (factories closed, etc.) so stock is constrained on many of the more popular sets. Once factories reopen you should see stock return to retailers (and lego.com) within a month or so.