XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

On 3/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Cyberfounder said:

I have bricklinked the Dropship a few years back. I think in total it cost me about €150 (shipping include) to get all the parts, stickers excluded. The most difficult parts back then where the dark blue bricks and some of the bigger white parts like 4515.

I did however modify the design so its not a 100% representative compared to the original model. 

Here you can see my design, its more in line with the 2013 Gunship.

https://oi1062.photobucket.com/albums/t498/Cyberfounder/LAATc 10195_zpsxiid5dym.png

That's really helpful, thanks! Another project to start! 

On 3/6/2020 at 6:05 PM, Per_SW said:

Weird question for you tonight. The last few days I saw the arctic ice crawler 60192 on clearance at more than 30% off. I'm not really a fan of orange, but looking at the shape of the thing I wondered how difficult would it be in your opinion to turn it -adding pieces, of course- into something resembling an AV7 Clone Artillery to go with some bomb squad clones? I'm mainly asking because the siren call of discount lego is calling and needs to be silenced in some way, either by buying or by acknoweldging that it's not a worthy purchase :D

I don't know, looking at it I can see what you're talking about but feel like it would need alot of modification, and not just swapping out the cockpit/crane for a cannon. But, if you do end up building it, make sure to post it, because it's be interesting to see how you tackle it.

On 3/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, Per_SW said:

Weird question for you tonight. The last few days I saw the arctic ice crawler 60192 on clearance at more than 30% off. I'm not really a fan of orange, but looking at the shape of the thing I wondered how difficult would it be in your opinion to turn it -adding pieces, of course- into something resembling an AV7 Clone Artillery to go with some bomb squad clones? I'm mainly asking because the siren call of discount lego is calling and needs to be silenced in some way, either by buying or by acknoweldging that it's not a worthy purchase :D

Noo...It'll take a lot of modding to get the feet right, the body needs more beef, and we're not even getting into the cannon and sidechair. It's not impossible, but like you said, you'll need at least 2 mixed together with a few other bricks. Should be a fun project though.

This year's UCS is being released in May, correct? And if so, it would be safe to assume the announcement will be sometime in the first week of April right?

2 hours ago, UberCorp said:

This year's UCS is being released in May, correct? And if so, it would be safe to assume the announcement will be sometime in the first week of April right?

Set in may: almost certainly.

Announcement in early April: I hope so!

Is it likely that the UCS Falcon will still be around in August?  I may ask for money toward the big bird as a birthday/graduation gift (assuming LEGO warehouses are still operating in our dysfunctional country at that time).  

I'm thinking that if the rumored end-of-year retirement date is correct, it might be better to try to pay upfront during the May the Fourth promotion rather than waiting half a year and risking them stopping production early.

On 3/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Set in may: almost certainly.

Announcement in early April: I hope so!

God, I hope so.  A UCS A-Wing would really cheer me up!  :cry_happy:

EDIT: 400 posts!

Edited by RogueTwo

On 3/20/2020 at 9:38 PM, RogueTwo said:

God, I hope so.  A UCS A-Wing would really cheer me up!  :cry_happy:

EDIT: 400 posts!

It would be nice to get a UCS a-wing, or just literally any news about upcoming star wars sets with all that's going on.

Kind of a strange question, but I've got a 212th trooper (ROTS style from the battlepack) helmet that has the printing on the back of the helmet instead of the front, and a TIE pilot helmet from the tie striker set that's got the print mostly on the side. Both 100% genuine lego. I can upload images if people want, but does anyone know if either of these are worth anything, or are they just annoying misprints?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Kind of a strange question, but I've got a 212th trooper (ROTS style from the battlepack) helmet that has the printing on the back of the helmet instead of the front, and a TIE pilot helmet from the tie striker set that's got the print mostly on the side. Both 100% genuine lego. I can upload images if people want, but does anyone know if either of these are worth anything, or are they just annoying misprints?

These kinds of misprints are rare but not unheard of.  I don't think they usually command great sums of money.  I personally wouldn't pay for them, but I'm sorry that you got those mistakes.  LEGO Customer Service will almost certainly replace them for you if they have the pieces in stock (but it's possible that they would ask you to send them the misprinted ones, in which case you obviously couldn't even try to sell them).  Good luck and, as Han Solo would say, "Sorry about the mess."  :classic:

45 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

These kinds of misprints are rare but not unheard of.  I don't think they usually command great sums of money.  I personally wouldn't pay for them, but I'm sorry that you got those mistakes.  LEGO Customer Service will almost certainly replace them for you if they have the pieces in stock (but it's possible that they would ask you to send them the misprinted ones, in which case you obviously couldn't even try to sell them).  Good luck and, as Han Solo would say, "Sorry about the mess."  :classic:

Thanks! I actually called customer service about the TIE pilot when I got the set (I think this was early 2017) and they sent me a new one after I read of some codes on the box. I just found them now while organizing my parts and was wondering if they were worth anything. Makes sense that they wouldn't be worth too much, though.

How close in scale are Ellis' Venator Star Destroyer and 75252? I'm considering getting them and displaying them together.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:08 AM, Gremer2 said:

How close in scale are Ellis' Venator Star Destroyer and 75252? I'm considering getting them and displaying them together.

The scale of 75252 is 1/1454.5455 (1.1m/1600m), whereas the scale of my Venator is 1/1421.25 (0.8m/1137m) I didn’t realise this but the two are therefore very closely scaled! Hopefully I did my calculations correctly :)

40 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

The scale of 75252 is 1/1454.5455 (1.1m/1600m), whereas the scale of my Venator is 1/1421.25 (0.8m/1137m) I didn’t realise this but the two are therefore very closely scaled! Hopefully I did my calculations correctly :)

That's awesome. I checked them and you're right. I'm working on gathering the parts for your Venator, I'm really looking forward to it.

Is it likely that the UCS falcon will have double vip points for May 4th sale? I can't remember from past years if they include the big sets in double vip  promotions.

They generally do include everything in the double vip sales, though there have been a few times when a just-released D2C is specifically excluded. So at this point I don’t see them excluding the Falcon, since it wasn’t excluded in previous sales and is now 2 years old. 

Edited by jdubbs

pictures

Can anyone identify the part built models in the attached. I'm trying to sort out my kids lego and I cant find what these are, they were in the box with lots of other Star Wars Lego that we are slowly sorting through and making the sets whole again.

Many Thanks 

Acne 

1 hour ago, Acnescar said:

pictures

Can anyone identify the part built models in the attached. I'm trying to sort out my kids lego and I cant find what these are, they were in the box with lots of other Star Wars Lego that we are slowly sorting through and making the sets whole again.

Many Thanks 

Acne 

They're from the lego star wars brickmaster, It's a book with instructions and parts for lots of different models. 

On 4/14/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

They're from the lego star wars brickmaster, It's a book with instructions and parts for lots of different models. 

Thats amazing thanks for the help. That has led us to look around the house and find a whole lot more lego that was hiding under the spare bed.

Acne

UCS Falcon is currently temporarily out of stock in the United States.  If anyone still wants it and can afford it, I would think they try to should pick one up sooner rather than later while they still have the chance.

15 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

UCS Falcon is currently temporarily out of stock in the United States.  If anyone still wants it and can afford it, I would think they try to should pick one up sooner rather than later while they still have the chance.

It goes in and out of stock all the time.

Has anyone built ClydeChestnut's Ghost MOC? It looks great, but he says he hasn't actually built it, which makes me kind of wary.

Also, how stable is BrickVault's AT-TE? I'm wanting to build an AT-TE, and this seems the best designed as well as having PDF instructions. I've read about the legs being really unstable, but others have said it's pretty stable.

Edited by Gremer2

On 4/19/2020 at 2:58 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

The UCS Falcon was on a list to retire at the end of the year, wasn’t it?

Yep.  I think stock will be severely depleted (if it's even available) by the end of the May the Fourth weekend.

Does anybody know what sets will be discounted on this year's S@H May the 4th event? Do we have any information of it?

Edited by Anak

5 hours ago, Anak said:

Does anybody know what sets will be discounted on this year's S@H May the 4th event? Do we have any information of it?

I don't remember them usually broadcasting it beforehand, but usually it's older sets they're looking to clear out of stock.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Any chance 75192 will be back in stock by this weekend?  I'm kicking myself for not ordering it before...I couldn't stomach $800, but now if it's really gone, I'll regret not having bought one.