XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

On 8/11/2019 at 12:03 PM, jdubbs said:

There are no new movies for the next several years so it's likely we'll get more sets from the OT and PT than we have seen in the last 4-5 years. There was some faux-controversy about the last version of the set but I doubt that would dissuade LEGO from doing another one. My guess is they would go smaller (little vignette scene, maybe of Han in Carbonite on the wall) or larger (Betrayal at Cloud City-sized) than what they did before. Or both.

over 2 months late, but it would be nice to get another set. And yeah, the whole controversy is redicolous. The stupidity of the argument itself aside, the "controversy" wouldn't even be with lego but with Lucas, as it's not lego's IP.

49 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Hi, can anyone say if there's any chance that sets from TCW: Season 7 will feature clone printings that are consistent with clone printings from ep 2/ep 3 sets? Or is it more likely that clones from this last season and from the feature films will look differently?

They started making the figures look "normal" with their last few TCW sets, I'd hope they keep doing that.

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

Hi, can anyone say if there's any chance that sets from TCW: Season 7 will feature clone printings that are consistent with clone printings from ep 2/ep 3 sets? Or is it more likely that clones from this last season and from the feature films will look differently?

Likely standard (film-based) designs and normal eyes: 

On 11/9/2019 at 6:01 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

New head-prints increase production costs, so changing all of the character’s faces from existing, or slightly-modified, prints to a completely different (and unpopular!) style makes little sense - See LEGO’s insistence upon using the stupid “Angry Clone” head on every trooper, even in cases of troopers that are explicitly stated not to be Clones. 

On 10/19/2019 at 10:28 AM, jdubbs said:

Virtually zero percent chance there will be another UCS Sandcrawler any time soon.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, PBRStreetgang said:

OK,...thank you very much jdubbs. 

I bought 57059 Sand Crawler today. Thanks very much for the advice. This set is supposed to be a cracker and I would of held off if I thought there was a remote chance of a UCS Sandcrawler. 

Cannot wait to build and display it. 

I saw an article the other day claiming that, according to Rebelscum, it's rumoured that the UCS Falcon is scheduled to retire next December. 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/rumored-list-of-retiring-lego-star-wars-sets-2019/

Is this credible at all? If so, I may need to break the bank and get it soon providing that Christmas doesn't destroy my wallet. I've always wanted a UCS Falcon so I don't think I could bear to miss out on it. :cry_sad:

Edited by Willsy

3 hours ago, Willsy said:

I saw an article the other day claiming that, according to Rebelscum, it's rumoured that the UCS Falcon is scheduled to retire next December. 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/rumored-list-of-retiring-lego-star-wars-sets-2019/

Is this credible at all? If so, I may need to break the bank and get it soon providing that Christmas doesn't destroy my wallet. I've always wanted a UCS Falcon so I don't think I could bear to miss out on it. :cry_sad:

That article was published in September. Since then, the UK S@H has recently updated its 'retiring soon' section and there are quite a few Star Wars sets on the list. From the article's list 6 out of the 19 sets it lists as possible December 2019 retirements have not been marked as retiring soon by Lego. That's not to say that they aren't of course as we all know Lego works in mysterious ways and its website even more so. Even so, the list was correct on 13 out of the 19, so I'd say there is a good chance the list is correct regarding the Flacon, but really your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with the Empire Strikes Back Snowspeeders. Am I right that all the Snowspeeders except Luke's have identical orange markings, whilst Luke's has grey.

As such, the original 1999 Snowspeeder, 2004 and the ones from Hoth Wampa Cave and Assault on Hoth are suitable for Wedge, Zev, Hobbie, etc, whereas the ones from the 2006 Hoth Base set, 2011 Battle of Hoth, the 2014 and 2019 versions are only correct for Luke and Dak?

Thanks.

I believe you are correct.  I have not seen the film in a little bit, but my recollection is that only Luke and Dak's is grey, probably to pick it out in the crowd on screen.

A quick google image search and visit to Wookiepedia and the Star Wars databank also seem to support only one grey snowspeeder with all the rest having the orange markings.

That all said, I will defer to anyone who has studied this more closely and who has seen the film recently to refresh their memory.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Omand said:

I believe you are correct.  I have not seen the film in a little bit, but my recollection is that only Luke and Dak's is grey, probably to pick it out in the crowd on screen.

A quick google image search and visit to Wookiepedia and the Star Wars databank also seem to support only one grey snowspeeder with all the rest having the orange markings.

That all said, I will defer to anyone who has studied this more closely and who has seen the film recently to refresh their memory.

Cheers

Thanks, I wanted to mod my 2014 one to orange, but I didn't want to go to all the effoft if I was wrong! :D

Hi ArrowBricks, I've bought quite of lot of genuine lego sticker sheets from bricklink, and so far never had any issues, So long as you read the description from the sellers and they have good feedback you should be fine.  Worth sometimes checking other sites for sellers who create their own stickers for sets, the quality is usually very high and sometimes its cheaper than trying to source a genuine sticker sheet for the rarer sets.

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Hi ArrowBricks, I've bought quite of lot of genuine lego sticker sheets from bricklink, and so far never had any issues, So long as you read the description from the sellers and they have good feedback you should be fine.  Worth sometimes checking other sites for sellers who create their own stickers for sets, the quality is usually very high and sometimes its cheaper than trying to source a genuine sticker sheet for the rarer sets.

Thank you. Really informative and helpful! 

Much appreciated, will look into it.

I am looking for K7283 instruction specifically the V Wing. It is not the same as the 6205 V Wing. The typical places don’t have instructions; LEGO, BrickLink, etc. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Hokierespect said:

I thought so too but the wings in pictures of each are different. 

in both pictures on BrickLink that you linked there are different wings. 

6205:

latest?cb=20090826030449

K7283:

latest?cb=20100718022931

Looks like 6205 is just a minor update of the one in K7283, 2 bricks changed. I can't spot any other differences.

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

6205:

latest?cb=20090826030449

K7283:

latest?cb=20100718022931

Looks like 6205 is just a minor update of the one in K7283, 2 bricks changed. I can't spot any other differences.

I think it’s more than two bricks, but either way not very many.  I can’t figure out what they did. Does anyone have instructions?

Impossible to find instructions to K7283, contacted LEGO service. Maybe they can find something in their legendary cellar. 7283, new, sealed costs a fortune. Lucky who still got K7283.

I'm working on getting the parts for one of the TIE Interceptor MOCs, either Kozikyo86's or barneius'. Are there any major differences? Is one more correct with the proportions?

I know the roof part for Kozikyo86's is ridiculously expensive.

12 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

I'm working on getting the parts for one of the TIE Interceptor MOCs, either Kozikyo86's or barneius'. Are there any major differences? Is one more correct with the proportions?

I know the roof part for Kozikyo86's is ridiculously expensive.

Personally I prefer the look of barneius' TIEs. They feel more like what LEGO would do if price were not such a factor in their builds (some exposed studs, but not too many, so a nice middle ground between all-SNOT and overstudded official builds). I have not built them myself but a friend has and he says they are really well built, stable, with easy-to-follow instructions.

L3 did not appear in any set. No minifig or official brick-built version of her was created, though several people have made mocs of her.

Do folks think we’ll see a new B-Wing in 2020, be it Rebels, OT, or TROS?

I’d really like an affordable version, but the one from 2014 commands a relatively high aftermarket price given that the set was, objectively, pretty bad...

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Do folks think we’ll see a new B-Wing in 2020, be it Rebels, OT, or TROS?

I’d really like an affordable version, but the one from 2014 commands a relatively high aftermarket price given that the set was, objectively, pretty bad...

I don't know if we will or will not.  I agree with you though that a new model is needed.

Cheers