XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

20 hours ago, GreisISniiice said:

New to the site...

Am looking into pulling the trigger on a UCS SSD. What do you guys feel is a reasonable price?

Also, I know it’s pure speculation, but any rumors floating around on a re-release?

Thanks! Looking forward to being a part of the community here!

Welcome! The has been a new rumor for a UCS set that is coming next year that has over 4000 pieces, and many speculate that it will be a re release of the UCS stardestroyer. I would definitly suggest to wait for that. As for the price the cheapest one on bricklink is around 1000 AUD which is quite expensive, you'd get way better value by getting a ucs falcon, which has 7k pieces when the stardestroyer also has 3k.

37 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Welcome! The has been a new rumor for a UCS set that is coming next year that has over 4000 pieces, and many speculate that it will be a re release of the UCS stardestroyer. I would definitly suggest to wait for that. As for the price the cheapest one on bricklink is around 1000 AUD which is quite expensive, you'd get way better value by getting a ucs falcon, which has 7k pieces when the stardestroyer also has 3k.

Thanks for the response! Just to clarify, are you talking about a UCS Star Destroyer, or a SUPER Star Destroyer? I’m interested in 10221. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, GreisISniiice said:

Thanks for the response! Just to clarify, are you talking about a UCS Star Destroyer, or a SUPER Star Destroyer? I’m interested in 10221. 

Thanks!

The rumour being referenced is for a Star Destroyer not an SSD. It’s pretty much pure speculation at the moment based on piece count and various other tid bits

On 1/7/2019 at 11:55 AM, m4st3rt3ch said:

Cool, thanks! Sadly it's the wrong colour, but i see a lot of potential.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, Hold0511 said:

With luck now the part is in production more colours will be issued - some in white would be ideal for me...

I'm just wondering, where would you use these pieces for? I honestly wouldn't know what these pieces will make easier

Just now, TWP said:

I'm just wondering, where would you use these pieces for? I honestly wouldn't know what these pieces will make easier

Screenshot_010518_110405_PM.jpg

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

Ah cool, thanks! Not exactly hexagonal, but should work nicely enough!

I don't know if you have seen, but that image is not completely canon anymore, I will see if I can find the updated image - you'll be amazed

And the white ones? :grin:

Just now, TWP said:

I don't know if you have seen, but that image is not completely canon anymore, I will see if I can find the updated image - you'll be amazed

Frankly i don't care about canon, when it comes to shipping containers :laugh: But i fear i'd need the UCS MF for this kind of MOC, because the pieces are too wide to be used with the Kessel Run MF. There are other options for usage, i'll take a pic as soon as i got the set.

5 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Frankly i don't care about canon, when it comes to shipping containers :laugh: But i fear i'd need the UCS MF for this kind of MOC, because the pieces are too wide to be used with the Kessel Run MF. There are other options for usage, i'll take a pic as soon as i got the set.

Well, then you haven't seen this image yet :wink:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/479362042516733974/523652571672477707/IMG_20181212_113611.jpg

It's freakin conveyex modules mounted in front of the Falcon!

Edited by TWP

On 1/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, GreisISniiice said:

Thanks!

Oh, my bad! To be honest I dont really like TLG's SSD as it is wayy too thin. I would suggest Onecase's SSD if you want one. (if you can afford it :P)

I'm considering BLing RenegadeClone's Zeta shutt after my current projects. The wings seem pretty flimsy. Are they stable and is there any threat of them bowing or collapsing over time? If so, are there any mods to make them more sturdy?

On 1/19/2019 at 8:50 PM, TWP said:

For my Buck Rogers MOC....

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

Hi, in the context of legs or helmets, I often read the term "dual mold". What does that mean?

Hi, it's where two different colours have been moulded together. With Minifigures you can get dual-moulded legs, helmets and arms.

Whereas most minifigure parts are made of one color of plastic, maybe with different printing colors on top, dual-molded parts use two different colors of plastic. 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, ThousandMoon said:

Hi, it's where two different colours have been moulded together. With Minifigures you can get dual-moulded legs, helmets and arms.

Thanks for the explanation :)

Can someone tell me what (set) this is? I got it like 5 or more years ago. The figures are probably not from the set.

PicsArt_01-25-07.21.00.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gerphoenix said:

Can someone tell me what (set) this is? I got it like 5 or more years ago. The figures are probably not from the set.

9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor.

Does someone have a picture of the TIE Silencer (Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter) set with the 4 trans-red 2x1 tiles on the canopy arranged horizontally instead of vertically? I believe the cross-pattern that emerges between the slits between pieces could more accurately represent the actual window design from the movie, though I don't have the set myself.

Can someone link me what's considered to be the most accurate minifig-scale Snowspeeder MOCs out there, that has instructions (buyable is fine)? :)

43 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

Can someone link me what's considered to be the most accurate minifig-scale Snowspeeder MOCs out there, that has instructions (buyable is fine)? :)

This topic is UCS and was then expanded to include non UCS - misleading title once it got legs...

Scroll down past the UCS list and it then goes into the non UCS models and you can find some suggestions - seems its flyingwaffles on brickvault  https://www.brickvault.toys/products/snowspeeder-minifig-scale

Edited by Hold0511