XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

18 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

There are two types of silver lightsaber hilts, one is the old version, which is chromed and super shiny. That piece had stopped production long ago. The duller one should be the piece the correct piece for 75021. I believe the seller just used the older one as a replacement. Hope this helps!

Yes. That helps!!! Thank you. I knew the chrome ones were older, but I wasn’t sure when the shift happened. I have an extra duller one, so I can swap it out.

Can anyone post the link to the MOC that is the large Death Star hanger bay big enough for the UCS Falcon to fit in? I thought it was here or I had it bookmarked but I can't find itnow. Thanks!

15 hours ago, karmajay said:

Can anyone post the link to the MOC that is the large Death Star hanger bay big enough for the UCS Falcon to fit in? I thought it was here or I had it bookmarked but I can't find itnow. Thanks!

Pm sent your way

I've decided to start building a clone army, as part one of a long term project ( most likely related to the clone wars era). I know there is currently only one battle back with " clone troopers" but there are a couple with first order and imperial troopers. Would it be bad or make a big difference if I add those as well ? I know it's ultimately all up to me but I'm curious what some others might do. Thanks in advance. 

7 hours ago, murtaughf3 said:

I've decided to start building a clone army, as part one of a long term project ( most likely related to the clone wars era). I know there is currently only one battle back with " clone troopers" but there are a couple with first order and imperial troopers. Would it be bad or make a big difference if I add those as well ? I know it's ultimately all up to me but I'm curious what some others might do. Thanks in advance. 

Personally I don’t like to dilute any group of a particular troop I have. Anything that should be uniform is, so all Stormtroopers are the same etc without any older designs or Rebels version being added. Definitely no clones.

I’d say if you want a Clone Army get a Clone Army, but as you said, it’s entirely your decision.

19 hours ago, murtaughf3 said:

I'm strictly with CW clone troopers for my cloone army and the newer version of stormtroopers for my imperial army. But that's me, and it's up to you to decide.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:30 AM, murtaughf3 said:

Seeing how TLG is setting up sets right now, I think I would not be long before we get more clone army builders/battlepacks. Also the regular new style Phase 1 clones are pretty cheap on Bricklink. sergeant are a little more, but still cheap, however lieutenants, captains and commanders are a bit more expensive at this moment. 

But depending on what you like you can mix them with the CW show style clone troopers, those are pretty cheap. :wink:

On 11/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, Robianco said:

Personally I don’t like to dilute any group of a particular troop I have. Anything that should be uniform is, so all Stormtroopers are the same etc without any older designs or Rebels version being added. Definitely no clones.

Haha you'd hate how we have it. If it looks like a Stormtrooper... it's a stormtrooper... even if they're "good" stormtroopers like Old Republic troopers and Clone troopers. Sorry guys, irrespective of thousands of years difference in time frame, I'm afraid white armour and gurning grilles means you're now part of our Imperial garrison :laugh:

We have it as one mixed time-frame of Sith, Sith troopers, Old Republic troopers, clones, Imperials and First Order vs Jedi, rebels and resistance. 

Qi'ra lives on the Falcon alongside Ezra Bridger, Rey, Finn, BB-8 and ROTJ-era Lando :grin:

14 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Haha you'd hate how we have it. If it looks like a Stormtrooper... it's a stormtrooper... even if they're "good" stormtroopers like Old Republic troopers and Clone troopers. Sorry guys, irrespective of thousands of years difference in time frame, I'm afraid white armour and gurning grilles means you're now part of our Imperial garrison :laugh:

We have it as one mixed time-frame of Sith, Sith troopers, Old Republic troopers, clones, Imperials and First Order vs Jedi, rebels and resistance. 

Qi'ra lives on the Falcon alongside Ezra Bridger, Rey, Finn, BB-8 and ROTJ-era Lando :grin:

To be honest... If my set up was one that was played with with my daughter then I might just be the same. That's as it should be. As it is that's not how it's set up so I can be as fussy as I want. :)

Am I correct in saying that this year’s Advent Calendar is an extremely poor seller? I don’t remember previous versions being slashed to almost half price before Christmas. Young children - the set’s main target group, as some people keep insisting - aren’t buying enough!

5 minutes ago, Bolingbroke said:

Am I correct in saying that this year’s Advent Calendar is an extremely poor seller? I don’t remember previous versions being slashed to almost half price before Christmas. Young children - the set’s main target group, as some people keep insisting - aren’t buying enough!

There have definitely been deals this early on past Advent Calendars so I wouldn't take that as an indication of sales. In terms of their shelf life, the calendars have actually been out a while now despite Christmas still being weeks away.

16 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

I don't think this is a good indicator so early either, but wouldn't surprise me. 

TBH, last year's was the first I bought, and even then I was on the fence, I have the minifigs displayed, and 2-3 normal micro builds, but to me as an AFOL who's more into display value, these have almost 0 appeal. Obscure characters, and versions of known ones that are already out 1000+ times. The small builds might be good for someone who has place to display like scale fleets and stuff like that, but they're all varying scale.

I fully agree this is targeted at children, because let's face it, children want advent calendars, and it's a fun way to teach them to be patient. But then again, they don't buy the sets, their parents do. 

I didin’t buy this year’s. I only bought last year’s to get the imperial officer. I bought 4 of the one from two years ago. amost of us got multiples of that one, which included a stormtrooper, snowtrooper, hoth trooper and bespin guard. I don’t remember THAT one selling for 45% off before or after Christmas. And guess what, kids probably still enjoyed it a lot.

The main and only attraction of this year's is Merrick, although he sadly does not have a visor so it looks kinda weird. Otherwise this year's is garbage. If you want Merrick you could just bricklink him.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:52 AM, Bolingbroke said:

I think the past years have had a better main “Santa” figure that helped. Santa Yoda or Santa Vader were obviously good choices, for example. 

On 11/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, JarJarBonks said:

The main and only attraction of this year's is Merrick, although he sadly does not have a visor so it looks kinda weird. Otherwise this year's is garbage. If you want Merrick you could just bricklink him.

You’re probably aware but Firestar toys do a great Merrick head with visor - if you can it’s well worth picking up to complement this figure 

Just now, ThousandMoon said:

You’re probably aware but Firestar toys do a great Merrick head with visor - if you can it’s well worth picking up to complement this figure 

Yes but they are costly and I live in Australia, my wallet won't be happy with me :(

Has anybody allready to link two solo conveyex trains to make a longer one? Anybody have a picture?

So if you click on the Retiring Soon section of the UK S@H site, then both the UCS Snowspeeder and UCS Slave 1 are listed. But whilst the Snowspeeder's page says 'Hard to find'  and 'Retiring Soon', the Slave 1's only says 'Hard to find'. Does this mean it is retiring soon?

It might make sense if Lego is planning on releasing a system scale Slave 1 in 2019 as well as having the mini one in CC. Just a heads up in case anybody does still want this as it *could* be going soon.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Did anyone ever get the black VIP promo email/code for the current promo - vip card holder? I never received an email and was curious if everyone else did or not...

On 11/26/2018 at 8:49 AM, firefox said:

Has anybody allready to link two solo conveyex trains to make a longer one? Anybody have a picture?

Got two for my son for Christmas, when they were half price in an Amazon flash sale. Also put together a massive Imperial crew to man them with (probably too many haha, but we'll see). So give me three weeks and you'll see how it looks!

3 hours ago, thorin said:

Did anyone ever get the black VIP promo email/code for the current promo - vip card holder? I never received an email and was curious if everyone else did or not...

Yes. And ordered. I received an email yesterday. It could be easily missed as the main title and body was in relation to the current 2x VIP point promotion. You have to scroll down to see the black VIP part with your unique code. Any SW purchase qualifies (I ordered a keyring) but I’ve heard others ordering non-SW sets and still qualifying. Just enter the code at checkout and it will appear.

8 hours ago, Markalus said:

Yes. And ordered. I received an email yesterday. It could be easily missed as the main title and body was in relation to the current 2x VIP point promotion. You have to scroll down to see the black VIP part with your unique code. Any SW purchase qualifies (I ordered a keyring) but I’ve heard others ordering non-SW sets and still qualifying. Just enter the code at checkout and it will appear.

Wow, that's terrible how they buried it in another email. I only knew about it from seeing it on various lego fan sites, didn't get a code (that I'd seen) and came here and searched and found this post. Would totally have missed the VIP Black freebie if I wasn't active in Lego stuff online. 

Photos of the bag the VIP card holder comes in are lurking around the internet. Apparently it's resealable and the image is a piece of card, not printed onto the bag like a normal polybag. Call me nitpicky but putting the stand in a bag is just one final "screw you" to the black VIP members. Every exclusive for a convention, LUG or whatever comes in a special box. As for the yellow hands on the figure, at first I thought that we would be encouraged to swap out the head for our own, but now I doubt even that. I know LEGO normally has all their sets designed at least 6 months in advance and usually puts actual effort into them, but I really want to chalk this one up to sheer laziness. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we found out this one was designed two weeks ago. I can only imagine LEGO HQ the day they came up with this.

"Hey, December is a week away and those fools who fell for the black card bait are getting restless. Any ideas as to what we could give them?"
"Lando in Han's clothes?"
"We don't have time to get approval from Disney for that. What can you make with the bricks on your desk?"
"I don't know, maybe a card holder?"
"I want it on my desk in an hour, you've got sets that people will actually pay for to design. Have a graphic designer slap that picture from the card onto a torso and we'll call it a morning."
"What about the packaging?"
"Send the intern to the supermarket and have him get a couple packs of ziplock bags, it's too late to get a box made up."