XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

9 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

is there a chance that Cloud City set will be discounted in LEGO shop on Black Friday this year ?

Not really; it's too new. Unless it sells horribly, they won't discount it until next year, and even if it does sell horribly, I doubt there'll be much of a sale until later. I don't think "Insult on Hoth" got any discounts so early on, and this is a much better set.

13 hours ago, DarthHank said:

Not really; it's too new. Unless it sells horribly, they won't discount it until next year, and even if it does sell horribly, I doubt there'll be much of a sale until later. I don't think "Insult on Hoth" got any discounts so early on, and this is a much better set.

The UCS Snowspeeder is retiring after just 18 months, so one would assume it sold poorly... and yet, no sales on it to date (at least, not from LEGO).

Just now, jdubbs said:

The UCS Snowspeeder is retiring after just 18 months, so one would assume it sold poorly... and yet, no sales on it to date (at least, not from LEGO).

I think there was a 20% off discount on May the Fourth weekend, if I remember correctly.

On 27 september 2018 at 4:33 PM, Flieger said:

See here:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/22/2/1527550878-soloconcept2.jpg

Either the concept art was never used or the scene was cut. Considering the reshoots both seems possible.

However, keep in mind Lego often has to work with concept art and preliminary material. When discussing the Solo-line Lego designers said they were really afraid that their sets and figures would not show up, especially the patrol troopers. They did not criticise Disney openly but you could see they were not exactly happy.

Do understand, but in comparison with Rogue one, where I think more of the central and right characters was presented, it's probably better if lego just wain until they have more confirmation than produce sets and figures that are not even in the movie. Generally, I think they have to any duplicates of characters and generic characters that possible could be avoided with a bit more patience.

13 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Do understand, but in comparison with Rogue one, where I think more of the central and right characters was presented, it's probably better if lego just wain until they have more confirmation than produce sets and figures that are not even in the movie. Generally, I think they have to any duplicates of characters and generic characters that possible could be avoided with a bit more patience.

There is just no way Lego would do that, Star Wars sets have to come out the same day as other toys from the movie. Seeing as how sets can take around a year to design, Lego can't just "wait" for confirmation from Disney if they want to get their toys out.

Does anyone know anything about upcoming sales or promos in October and November. I see the muddy Han, but the calendar hints at 2x vip points on select sets. Anyone know if they are SW sets? It feels like some of TLJ sets should be retiring soon.

23 hours ago, thorin said:

Does anyone know anything about upcoming sales or promos in October and November. I see the muddy Han, but the calendar hints at 2x vip points on select sets. Anyone know if they are SW sets? It feels like some of TLJ sets should be retiring soon.

Wondering about the 2X VIP sets too. Debating if I should pull the trigger on the new X-Wing or wait until the double points promo.

Edited by neueruse

2 hours ago, neueruse said:

Wondering about the 2X VIP sets too. Debating if I should pull the trigger on the new X-Wing or wait until the double points promo.

The other thing I’m still wondering about is the Kessel Miner promo and where/when that will be more widely available...

7 hours ago, thorin said:

The other thing I’m still wondering about is the Kessel Miner promo and where/when that will be more widely available...

Looks like it’s the X-Wing and Yoda’s Hut as the Double VIP sets. Also looks like it’s all month! For some reason I thought it was just a couple of days. 

13 hours ago, neueruse said:

Looks like it’s the X-Wing and Yoda’s Hut as the Double VIP sets. Also looks like it’s all month! For some reason I thought it was just a couple of days. 

How did you find out that it was all month? I don’t see that anywhere...

Do someone know when Hasbros monopoly on star wars action figures comes to an end? So we  finally can have some bricktober and cmf's.

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Do someone know when Hasbros monopoly on star wars action figures comes to an end? So we  finally can have some bricktober and cmf's.

Their current license runs through 2020, last I read. Which means it will probably get renegotiated by early next year. If LEGO is so inclined, they will press Disney to create an exception for them to release standalone minifigures, but it's not a foregone conclusion that a) they would want to and b) that Disney (or Hasbro) would agree to this.

10 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Their current license runs through 2020, last I read. Which means it will probably get renegotiated by early next year. If LEGO is so inclined, they will press Disney to create an exception for them to release standalone minifigures, but it's not a foregone conclusion that a) they would want to and b) that Disney (or Hasbro) would agree to this.

Well the only thing Disney likes more than it's money is earning more money, and Hasbro probably realizes that none of their n+10000 figurine lines would actually clash with Lego minifigs. (Or at least as far as I'm aware they don't make anything in this category)

34 minutes ago, brobert said:

Well the only thing Disney likes more than it's money is earning more money, and Hasbro probably realizes that none of their n+10000 figurine lines would actually clash with Lego minifigs. (Or at least as far as I'm aware they don't make anything in this category)

Yeah, you would think... But Hasbro recently launched a line of 1.5" figures in blind bags that I can't help but think is a defensive measure against potential LEGO CMFs... so that they can say, "Look, we have a product that competes directly with what LEGO wants to do; this is our turf". It looks like they're even doing an advent calendar with them, which is right up LEGO's alley.

I think the bigger question is whether LEGO actually wants to do a Star Wars CMF (or wants to do it badly enough to pay additional licensing for it, at a time when SW toys aren't selling as well and LEGO is still rebounding from a weak year). They may feel that a CMF would cannibalize sales of the regular Star Wars sets, or that they have enough licensed CMFs in the pipeline, that's it not worth the bother.

7 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, you would think... But Hasbro recently launched a line of 1.5" figures in blind bags that I can't help but think is a defensive measure against potential LEGO CMFs...

...because of it’s pending inevitability!?! ??

7 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think the bigger question is whether LEGO actually wants to do a Star Wars CMF

Surely a no-brainer - can you imagine how quickly these would fly off the shelves. An opportunity to release exclusive figures and characters that perhaps don’t easily fit into any particular set - and furthermore ones that could compliment existing sets to actually promote sales and reignite a stuttering line!?!

Perhaps I’m being naively optimistic but I reckon it’s gonna happen at some point ??

10 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

...because of it’s pending inevitability!?! ??

Surely a no-brainer - can you imagine how quickly these would fly off the shelves. An opportunity to release exclusive figures and characters that perhaps don’t easily fit into any particular set - and furthermore ones that could compliment existing sets to actually promote sales and reignite a stuttering line!?!

Perhaps I’m being naively optimistic but I reckon it’s gonna happen at some point ??

Lets just hope they are not made from Chinees plastic like the polybags...

Hey guys,

I've been trying to pre-order Vader's Castle, and in Holland the Han Solo Mudtrooper is promoted as well (for every LEGO SW purchase above €30), but for some reason it won't end up in my bag...
However it is added when I put any other set into it.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it because Vader's Castle is a pre-order...?
Though I did read in the LSW 2018 discussion topic that someone did apply for it, though they're probably from another country.

Any info is very welcome!

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Same for me using UK S@H - no Mud trooper figure with just buying Vader's Castle - seems being a pre-order they are treating it as outside the promo window.

Awh, drat!
I might give Customer Service a call tomorrow, perhaps it's an error of sorts. [/wishful thinking]

Thanks for replying!

Regards,
Mitch

So, I just got the Tatooine Battle Pack. I'm making a MOC where it'll fit right in. And I'm looking at the red astromech droid included in that set and wondering; who's that's droid? Is he important to anything? Does anyone know?

R3-T2 in 75198 - according to the SW wiki - R3-T2 (Arthree-Teetoo) was an R3-series astromech droid who was the property of an abusive crew of pirates. By the year 0 BBY, R3-T2 had escaped its owners and roamed the streets of the desert planet Tatooine's Mos Eisley spaceport, avoiding capture by its former masters.  R3-T2 appears in the 1977 film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope as one of the droid extras roaming the Mos Eisley spaceport during the arrival of Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.[3] The droid was first identified by name and given a brief backstory on the "R3-T2 (Arthree-Teetoo)" card from the 1998 Special Edition Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game from Decipher, Inc.[8'

On 10/5/2018 at 3:39 PM, jdubbs said:

Yeah, you would think... But Hasbro recently launched a line of 1.5" figures in blind bags that I can't help but think is a defensive measure against potential LEGO CMFs... so that they can say, "Look, we have a product that competes directly with what LEGO wants to do; this is our turf". It looks like they're even doing an advent calendar with them, which is right up LEGO's alley.

I think the bigger question is whether LEGO actually wants to do a Star Wars CMF (or wants to do it badly enough to pay additional licensing for it, at a time when SW toys aren't selling as well and LEGO is still rebounding from a weak year). They may feel that a CMF would cannibalize sales of the regular Star Wars sets, or that they have enough licensed CMFs in the pipeline, that's it not worth the bother.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that...well in this case yes, that sounds like defensive measures. Lego still has the BrickHeadz (which I can't say enough how I loathe...), so I guess that's enough for them for now.

I don't think CMF-s would cannibalize anything in their line, there are enough obscure characters/outfits that probably wouldn't clash with minifigs in sets in a million years.