XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

In the US at least, lego.com no longer provides an accurate, up-to-date list of sets that are retiring soon. The last time it was updated was probably 6 months ago.... and lots of sets have retired since then.

Which is unfortunate. If they announced that sets were retiring soon they might make quite a bit of money from last minute buyers.

So no actual way to know whether a set is retiring soon or not? It sucks, they even don't make enough 75192 for everyone and one day they will just stop selling it without even notifying us that it is retiring soon?

The Lego site has a banner on sets that are retiring soon. They normally reduce them at the same time and even take back orders on somethings. I got the Resistance Transport that way. 75192 will be around for a while. I wouldnā€™t stress over it.

I hope so, because I can't catch up with Lego releases. Still have to buy the Death Star, Snowspeeder and the Millennium Falcon(which now is hard to get and sold over 800 dollars by private Sellers). And I even not mentioned some TLJ and Creator Expert sets that I need to buy. This hobby costs too much!

Anyone know the best way to get 75175 A wing in the US?Ā  It's been OOS on their website for months on end, absent from the few Lego stores I've dropped by, and also wasn't in stock at a toysrus I was at a few months ago and is OOS on their site.Ā  I realize it'll be much harder to get my hands on one now that toysrus is done, but I should hope that Lego isn't done making them because it's only a little over a year old.

Is the Pod Vader promo next month different from the current Vader (with split helmet) minifigure?Ā 

On 19-3-2018 at 3:34 PM, HawkLord said:

Is the Pod Vader promo next month different from the current Vader (with split helmet) minifigure?Ā 

No, it is just the same old vader.

Are there any unique / really expensive pieces in the UCS R2-D2 ?
Never bricklinked anything before but tempted to as the price is starting to get prohibitive on second hand market.

Or considering the popularity of the brick built BB8 and the rumours for a similar set for a Porg later in the year, is it a possibility Lego will release another R2 like this?

Sorry if this isn' really the right place, but with the Solo sets com9ng next month, I read there was going to be a Force Friday for the new toys. Do we know if Lego is doing anything to celebrate their new sets being released?

21 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Sorry if this isn' really the right place, but with the Solo sets com9ng next month, I read there was going to be a Force Friday for the new toys. Do we know if Lego is doing anything to celebrate their new sets being released?

On LEGO's twitter page, they said that the LEGO versions of the Solo posters would be available soon.Ā  So maybe they will have a promotion for them when Solo releases or May the 4th.Ā  Of course, this is before the controversy that someone at Disney ripped those original non-LEGO poster designs off.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by aukevin

22 minutes ago, aukevin said:

On LEGO's twitter page, they said that the LEGO versions of the Solo posters would be available soon.Ā  So maybe they will have a promotion for them when Solo releases or May the 4th.Ā  Of course, this is before the controversy that someone at Disney ripped those original non-LEGO poster designs off.

Ā 

Ā 

Oh right. Probably better off buying stuff now then and getting the double VIP points.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, TheRacker said:

Anyone know the best way to get 75175 A wing in the US?Ā  It's been OOS on their website for months on end, absent from the few Lego stores I've dropped by, and also wasn't in stock at a toysrus I was at a few months ago and is OOS on their site.Ā  I realize it'll be much harder to get my hands on one now that toysrus is done, but I should hope that Lego isn't done making them because it's only a little over a year old.

Wish I could help. Honestly, I moved it to the ā€œretiredā€ section in my spreadsheet a few months ago. You probably missed your window. Was it a TRU exclusive? You might find it at a brick and mortar TRU near you (on sale) since they are clearing out everything. Otherwise, I think amazon and eBay are your best bets.

4 hours ago, thorin said:

Wish I could help. Honestly, I moved it to the ā€œretiredā€ section in my spreadsheet a few months ago. You probably missed your window. Was it a TRU exclusive? You might find it at a brick and mortar TRU near you (on sale) since they are clearing out everything. Otherwise, I think amazon and eBay are your best bets.

I caved and bought it for $65 on amazon, because I figured it was only going to go up from there.Ā  Oh well the extra $25 isn't going to kill me.

On 3/11/2018 at 6:41 AM, ltzik said:

So no actual way to know whether a set is retiring soon or not? It sucks, they even don't make enough 75192 for everyone and one day they will just stop selling it without even notifying us that it is retiring soon?

Pretty much, yeah.Ā  Popularity does tend to extend the sales period though.Ā  The Death Star was sold for something like 8 years before the update.Ā 

Edited by Schneeds

2 hours ago, TheRacker said:

I caved and bought it for $65 on amazon, because I figured it was only going to go up from there.Ā  Oh well the extra $25 isn't going to kill me.

Yeah. It sucks, but I've had to do that one a couple of sets as well. You realize the window is closing (or closed) and you try to get itĀ  before it gets ridiculous. I'm guessing it will eventually be closer to $80+ in a year or so...

... plus the Lando is totally worth it.

Edited by thorin

On 27/03/2018 at 2:04 PM, Brickbashbosh said:

Are there any unique / really expensive pieces in the UCS R2-D2 ?
Never bricklinked anything before but tempted to as the price is starting to get prohibitive on second hand market.

Or considering the popularity of the brick built BB8 and the rumours for a similar set for a Porg later in the year, is it a possibility Lego will release another R2 like this?

I've bricklinked it a few months back. Only one piece is expensive ans so far haven't bought it. It is the x131c (Hose, Flexible 12L with Tabbed Dark Bluish Gray Ends in reddish brown). It is more than 20ā‚¬/piece and you need 4 of them... I haven't bought them yet and thinking about buying them in another color (lbg).Ā 

My R2-D2 cost me around 170ā‚¬ish and is perfect with my bb8 and my moc bb9Ā 

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/155467-moc-ldd-bb-9e/

Edited by Space_jaco

Did Lego subverted ourĀ expectations with theĀ Black VIP card by offering owners absolutly nothing? Did Rian Johnson came with the Black VIP card idea?

I feel bad for those people that expected ''amazing deals throughout 2018'', 3 months in and so far nada.

So much for fan loyaltyĀ :devil:

Ā 

I genuinely donā€™t get the issue with the Black VIP card. Itā€™s a Ā£650 set. The largest set Lego has ever produced and one of the most iconic vehicles in pop culture. Iā€™m really not convinced anybody spent that money just because they thought theyā€™d get a couple of extra offers throughout the year. Enjoy your card... itā€™ll look nice and youā€™ll get an occasional thing throughout the extra 8 months of the year.

I intend to buy both the Slave I and the Snowspeeder UCS, but i need to spread the expenses so I was wondering if there was a safe guess about which one would be retired first ?
If anyone here has some clues about that :)

Thanks !

Get slaveĀ one first as it was release January 2015 so its fair toĀ Ā assume it will retire 1stĀ 

Ā 

Unless the snow speeder is a sales flop but ive not seen anything to suggest it isĀ 

Ā 

Hope this helps

Ā 

5 hours ago, AfolFree said:

I intend to buy both the Slave I and the Snowspeeder UCS, but i need to spread the expenses so I was wondering if there was a safe guess about which one would be retired first ?
If anyone here has some clues about that :)

Thanks !

I agree with roadstermatt

Get the Slave 1. While no one knows for sure when sets will retire, it has been on shelves for almost 2 years longer than the snowspeeder. No brainer in my mind...

Someone please link me to the list of UCS sets that actually had "ultimate collector series" or something similar written on the box.