XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

They’re just helmet markings. Same way Vader’s wingmen in the Death Star run had helmet markings... funnily enough those TIE Striker markings are almost identical to Vader’s wingman also known as Backstabber.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

They’re just helmet markings. Same way Vader’s wingmen in the Death Star run had helmet markings... funnily enough those TIE Striker markings are almost identical to Vader’s wingman also known as Backstabber.

Did any TIE striker pilots in the movie actually use those markings? I cannot see any other toy producer making their TIE pilots like that. Hasbro just has them plain.

16 hours ago, Robianco said:

Same way Vader’s wingmen in the Death Star run had helmet markings... funnily enough those TIE Striker markings are almost identical to Vader’s wingman also known as Backstabber.

They did? Never noticed it, and I've seen "A New Hope" many, many times.

13 hours ago, TWP said:

Did any TIE striker pilots in the movie actually use those markings? I cannot see any other toy producer making their TIE pilots like that. Hasbro just has them plain.

The Striker pilot who shoots down Antoc Merrick has those markings (as well as the TIE Fighter pilot who shoots down Red 5).

11 minutes ago, Corydoras said:

They did? Never noticed it, and I've seen "A New Hope" many, many times.

They actually had quite some variations in the OT (credit to the 501st):

J29vncH.jpg

eXgZWY5.jpg

IXpGdy1.jpg

Mu4Xmh2.jpg

Lego has recreated most of them faithfully.

Are the standard TIE fighters included in 10131 TIE Fighter Collection exactly the same as other TIE sets, such as 7263 or 7146? I'm considering bricklinking the collection, but since I only need 1 TIE I'm wondering if I can just subtract the parts list from 7263.

Edited by DarthHank

On 31-1-2018 at 4:21 PM, Flieger said:

The Striker pilot who shoots down Antoc Merrick has those markings (as well as the TIE Fighter pilot who shoots down Red 5).

They actually had quite some variations in the OT (credit to the 501st):

Lego has recreated most of them faithfully

Oh, thanks a lot for this! The second one hasn't been created in Lego, right?

On 1-2-2018 at 4:35 AM, DarthHank said:

Are the standard TIE fighters included in 10131 TIE Fighter Collection exactly the same as other TIE sets, such as 7263 or 7146? I'm considering bricklinking the collection, but since I only need 1 TIE I'm wondering if I can just subtract the parts list from 7263.

Yeah, they are exactly the same. None of the designs were that great to be honest, why do you not just use modern designs?

2 hours ago, TWP said:

\Yeah, they are exactly the same. None of the designs were that great to be honest, why do you not just use modern designs?

Thanks! Yeah, the designs are primitive, but just for nostalgia it seems like a fun project.

Looking to fabricate some built-in cabinets/display cases for all of my sets. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on a good cabinet depth? Other than the UCS MF, is there a typical depth that people have found works well for them? Anyone with a large (built) collection willing to run around with a tape measure and give me a good idea of a typical large set depth?

Shelves will be adjustable in the height direction, and will be continuous in the width of the shelf.. so depth appears to be the limiting factor.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, thorin said:

Looking to fabricate some built-in cabinets/display cases for all of my sets. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on a good cabinet depth? Other than the UCS MF, is there a typical depth that people have found works well for them? Anyone with a large (built) collection willing to run around with a tape measure and give me a good idea of a typical large set depth?

Shelves will be adjustable in the height direction, and will be continuous in the width of the shelf.. so depth appears to be the limiting factor.

Thanks!

I'd go with the depth of the system Millennium Falcon's and then some extra room. There's not a lot of ships wider then those

My shelves are 12" deep and I wish they were 3-4" deeper. With 12", you can fit larger sets like the Falcon, Star Destroyers, etc., but they all hang off at least a few inches, and you're limited in which angles you can position the larger sets. Also, you end up lining everything up since there's not enough space to do foreground/background combinations, except with the smaller sets. 

Also bear in mind most LEGO sets are fairly short, with the occasional exception of a shuttle or TIE Fighter. I would recommend ordering some of the clear acrylic stands from laserlab (or one of the other comparable sellers) on eBay... they make them for most every SW ship and they help stagger the airborne sets vertically, so they're not all sitting flat on the shelf (and you can often fit more sets in the same space when you use them).

Apologies if this is not the correct forum/thread, but I was curious on the community's expert opinions on a recent purchase. I recently acquired UCS X-Wing (10240) and UCS Y-Wing (10134), both pre-owned without box and instructions. I've been wanting to add these two to my SW UCS collection and was pretty excited on the score. I wasn't sure if these were at a bargain, right price or if I had over-paid but nonetheless, I was happy with the purchase. The X-Wing came in at total of $190, $180 + $10 shipping cost and is complete. The Y-Wing came in at total of $360, $350 + $10 shipping and is in-complete but the parts missing can easily be obtained, which I've also ordered. It should come out to ~$382 once the missing pieces arrive. I believe these were a good buy, but curious what others thought of this purchase? 

1 hour ago, Knight of Ren said:

Would the Tie pilot from 75179 (Kylo's Tie) be correct for the Special Forces Tie Fighter? 

Yes

Just built the Kylo Ren TIE Silencer.  Thought it was odd that there was plenty of space for a flight yoke and a console in the cockpit, but no pieces to make one.  So, I used two of the antenna/lever pieces, a hinge brick and a printed tile from my stash of extra pieces to make a yoke and console.  Has anybody else done something similar?

I tried using LDD for the first time today and instantly had problems finding parts. For example 6048898 spring shooter, which is quite common for Star Wars models. Is this part really missing from LDD?

On 2/18/2018 at 7:20 AM, m4st3rt3ch said:

I tried using LDD for the first time today and instantly had problems finding parts. For example 6048898 spring shooter, which is quite common for Star Wars models. Is this part really missing from LDD?

LDD hasn't been updated since 2016, when that piece was relatively new. Unfortunately, there are many pieces missing from the program.

8 hours ago, DarthHank said:

LDD hasn't been updated since 2016, when that piece was relatively new. Unfortunately, there are many pieces missing from the program.

Thanks for the info!

15 hours ago, DarthHank said:

6 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Thanks for the info!

LDD was updated earlier this year to 4.3.11 

You can see the discussion here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/157713-ldd-4311-update-discussion/

2 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

LDD was updated earlier this year to 4.3.11 

You can see the discussion here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/157713-ldd-4311-update-discussion/

I rechecked, and 4.3.11 is what i'm using. It's no problem to use a normal 4x1 brick as proxy for the spring shooter, but the missing 4211498 8x1 and 4543086 2x1 "plate with rail" and another piece i can't remember at the moment, make MOCing the MF's mandibles a little harder, especially when you plan to publish your design. *meh* whatever, i'll find a way.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

12 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

So I just stumbled upon Lego's april calendar; no wide event or set dates for the Solo sets?

Solo release date is 420.

Hey guys,

I have some questions about the UCS Falcon aka 75192 and the Death Star(75159):

1.Any suggestions\guesses when this set will be retired? I'm still have doubts about when I should but this set, not I don't have the money and I wanted to buy it like in 4-5 months, do you think it will still be available till then?

2.The Death Star is also in my wish list, as I was in my dark ages when the first one came out. How much long do you think it will hold up? the last one did for 8 years.

3.Any website in which I can check which sets are about to be retire? 

Thanks,

ltzik.