XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

On 08/01/2018 at 12:05 PM, Seaber said:

Does anyone know who the light grey suited imperial officer from 75159 is supposed to represent? My best guess is Trech Molock, but it'd be nice to know if there has been any confirmation or any other ideas :)

It's this guy from when chewie, luke and han get in the lift on the death star. Not sure if he has a name, I highly doubt he has one in the new canon if at all. From the frames he is in you can't see whether or not he has black or grey pants, I'm guessing that the costume had grey pants.

nE2OnSn.png

On 8-1-2018 at 2:05 AM, Seaber said:

Does anyone know who the light grey suited imperial officer from 75159 is supposed to represent? My best guess is Trech Molock, but it'd be nice to know if there has been any confirmation or any other ideas :)

on top of the boxes they have their names under the figs,...   will check tonight if it is just a officer or a "real" person!!

On 9-1-2018 at 6:16 AM, atlas said:

It's this guy from when chewie, luke and han get in the lift on the death star. Not sure if he has a name, I highly doubt he has one in the new canon if at all. From the frames he is in you can't see whether or not he has black or grey pants, I'm guessing that the costume had grey pants.

Oh that's great, didn't know that! thanks :)

Hi all,

I like to ask if there is a way to get some custom minifigure (since it was not done by LEGO) Duchess Satine ?

Thanks

Hi all,

Not sure if i post this question in right thread (or I should create new topic) or not.

I got myself a new lego set of Imperial Shuttle Tydirium (75904) and I have seen a couple of MOCs for that lego set (both are in LXF files) which I would like to add to my lego set. I got myself a LDD software but I am unable to open both of those.  They are:

75094 UCS final stand.lxf  and mordatreshuttlewing.lxf

Apparently, there is nothing in those. I checked other threads containing those and unfortunately, those are old threads and I am also unable to pm the members of those MOCs to ask them questions since I am still new member and I'm not allowed to PM members.

Please Can anyone help or advise regarding this matter? Thank you very much.

Diego

4 minutes ago, brobert said:

I don't mean to play admin or anything, but these are wildly off-topic guys

I see. If that is the case, I'll go ahead and create new topic regarding my question. I thought i post my question since it's related to star wars lego as indicated by its topic title's caption...

3 minutes ago, Diablo667 said:

I see. If that is the case, I'll go ahead and create new topic regarding my question. I thought i post my question since it's related to star wars lego as indicated by its topic title's caption...

oh, no, I'm so sorry, it was my mistake, I didn't realize I'm in this topic....:wacko:

4 minutes ago, brobert said:

oh, no, I'm so sorry, it was my mistake, I didn't realize I'm in this topic....:wacko:

Apology accepted and don't worry - I'm new to this and I am not sure if this thread is good place to reach members anyway. I'll wait for few more days for any reply to my question and if not, i'll create new topic for gathering better attention to my question.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:51 AM, Diablo667 said:

I got myself a new lego set of Imperial Shuttle Tydirium (75904) and I have seen a couple of MOCs for that lego set (both are in LXF files) which I would like to add to my lego set. I got myself a LDD software but I am unable to open both of those.  They are:

75094 UCS final stand.lxf  and mordatreshuttlewing.lxf

Apparently, there is nothing in those. I checked other threads containing those and unfortunately, those are old threads and I am also unable to pm the members of those MOCs to ask them questions since I am still new member and I'm not allowed to PM members.

The reason why nobody responded is because you didn't attach the files or link to the original thread, so we couldn't easily test it for you. Anyway, after hunting down the original thread I downloaded the files and couldn't open them either, so it's not a problem on your end. My guess is the file is from an old version of LDD and isn't compatible or something, but I'm no LDD expert. Neither of those members is active anymore, but you'll be able to PM them once you have 10 posts I think.

For anyone else trying to answer this question, I think it's this thread.

6 hours ago, DarthHank said:

The reason why nobody responded is because you didn't attach the files or link to the original thread, so we couldn't easily test it for you. Anyway, after hunting down the original thread I downloaded the files and couldn't open them either, so it's not a problem on your end. My guess is the file is from an old version of LDD and isn't compatible or something, but I'm no LDD expert. Neither of those members is active anymore, but you'll be able to PM them once you have 10 posts I think.

For anyone else trying to answer this question, I think it's this thread.

Hi DarthHank,

Thank you for your advice (including useful tip to include files or links in post) and thank you again for checking those files. I'll try using PM method to reach the creators of those files once I reach 10th post.  Yes that aforementioned thread is the correct - it is where I stumbled across those files for Imperial Shuttle mod. I have checked the photo album of one of those mods (Mordatre's flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/62102810@N06/albums/72157660005067026) .  I'll also try to pm him on flickr in case he's more active there than here.

Thanks for the help.

Hi, all!

I'm looking to replace 9493 X-Wing Starfighter in my Rebel fleet.  Obviously, I'm very much looking forward to 75218 coming out this summer, but I find that I've been browsing for the UCS 10240 for months...I could get a copy of 10240 for $250-ish, if I shopped around, vs. the likely price tag of $80 USD for the new one.  I'm planning on getting the all-but-confirmed Y-Wing this May the Fourth (unless it's really awful, which I can't imagine would be the case), so it would be nice to have the two ships to fly together.

So my questions are:

--Do you all think that the price of the UCS X-Wing 10240 will go up, down, or sideways by the time 75218 is released?
--How bad are the undersized engine intakes on 10240?  The new system-scale model appears much more accurate in some ways...
--Is it confirmed the the second pilot in 75218 is, in fact, Biggs?  Then where would we get Red Leader?  There's always hope for a Rebel pilot battle pack, I suppose.
--How long will it be until the new UCS X-Wing is released?  (Obviously, this is sheer speculation, but I would imagine 5 years, at least)

Thanks so much in advance for answering any or several of my questions!  :classic:

Edited by RogueTwo

The aftermarket price of pretty much any retired UCS set will continue to rise until a newer version of the set is released. But after the initial price spike that typically follows retirement, prices tend to rise very slowly, and few of them reach the stratospheric prices of the original UCS Falcon or even the SSD. I think I bought my UCS X-Wing (new, sealed) on eBay for around $250 shipped a year or so ago.

One or two folks have asserted that the second pilot in the August X-Wing is Biggs, but I don't think anyone can say for sure based on the photos leaked to date.

I think you may be overestimating the chances of a UCS Y-Wing this summer. The only "rumors" I've seen about this being the $200 UCS set are pretty wish-listy.

The last UCS X-Wing wasn't on the market all that long (for a UCS set), which leads me to believe it didn't sell terribly well. I would expect the next UCS X-Wing to be the TFA version... 

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

So my questions are:

--Do you all think that the price of the UCS X-Wing 10240 will go up, down, or sideways by the time 75218 is released?
--How bad are the undersized engine intakes on 10240?  The new system-scale model appears much more accurate in some ways...
--Is it confirmed the the second pilot in 75218 is, in fact, Biggs?  Then where would we get Red Leader?  There's always hope for a Rebel pilot battle pack, I suppose.
--How long will it be until the new UCS X-Wing is released?  (Obviously, this is sheer speculation, but I would imagine 5 years, at least)

- Slowly up from now on.

- Definitely undersized. They aren’t crazy small (not close to being half the size) but Id say they should have been 1.5 times bigger. Two intakes should be slightly taller than the main body. In 10240, The two are less than the body height.

- Not confirmed as far as I know.

- I would guess 5+ years as well. They’ve done two now and there are so many sets to do or redo before this one. I’d agree that the next UCS Xwing will likely be something from the sequels (resistance x-wing / Poe’s orange and black ship)

is the cover picture for this forum going to be updated with the new UCS falcon instead of the old?

Is the the 2013 AT-TE any good? Is it an improvement on the other versions?

I own the 2008 AT-TE which at the time was incredible but I love the more compact build of the later rendition. 

The actual set is far too expensive now but i'm thinking of using pieces I have, disassembling the 2008 for other parts, and then buying the other pieces I need from brick link.  

I have the 2013 AT-TE. I think I got it for around $100 a year or so ago on eBay, new/sealed... if you're patient and diligent, it's possible to find it for a semi-reasonable price. I didn't have the previous version but I like this one a lot. I'm sure it's smaller than actual minifig scale, but it still feels realistic to me, and not undersized like a lot of the other sets at this price point. 

I think the build is also the basis for the Rebels version that came out more recently... so you might be able to rework it to remove the steampunk bits and restore it to the EP 2/3/CW appearance?

In the topic link below the moc makers( @BrickVault ) refer to 

On 06/01/2018 at 12:07 AM, BrickVault said:

the 3D images that Disney released with the Rogue one 

However I cannot find the 3D images, I did try asking in the moc thread but Brick vault doesn't appear to very active so any help would be appertained.

Thanks in Advance :thumbup:

Agent Kallus 

The 2013 AT-TE is nice on the exterior, but the interior is much more cramped. As the instructions have it, you can fit one minifigure in the cockpit, one on top, and two in the back comfortably. I've reworked mine to fit a couple in the front body and six in the back, but it's not a comfortable fit, and it's hard to access them. It's a nice set, but I don't see why it would be at all superior to the older one, unless being smaller is a plus for you.

I’m well aware Lego have been including sets specific to a latest film e.g. The Last Jedi in a wave of their own. 

However does anyone else miss Original Trilogy or Prequel specific waves such as the 2013 summer wave Episode 2 and 2014 winter Episode 3? 

I always looked forward to buying a few sets in the wave that linked to each other (At-Ap and Droid Gunship good example) so I could create a scene or battle etc. 

Interested to hear thoughts! 

Is there any long running Star Wars fan fictions that use Lego as a sort of visual aid? 

E.g. to convey the tone or discription of a plot point, character or setting.

On 27/1/2018 at 12:37 AM, ArrowBricks said:

However does anyone else miss Original Trilogy or Prequel specific waves such as the 2013 summer wave Episode 2 and 2014 winter Episode 3?

With RO I think we got some genuine OT sets, like the Y-Wing, the AT-ST and the battle packs with stormtroopers and rebels. To me, adding deathtroopers, K2-S0 and Director Krennic to the UCS Death Star is just a perfect complement! :tongue:.

On the PT, I would like to have a Geonosis set related to the arena battle or the Geonosis command center with the separatists. A Kamino set with Ben Kenobi, Jango Fett and Kaminoans would also be great. But at least we are getting now a Geonosis battlepack with phase I clones and two Jedis. Another one with geonosians and droids would be a cool companion.

What are the silver lines on the Tie Striker pilot minifigure supposed to represent? Are they some kind of markings that only Tie Striker pilots have? Or are they supposed to be gloss, just like all the gray lines on white helmets are shadows? Is the minifigure more or less the same as regular Tie pilots? I need one, but I don't want the "frowny" Rebels version that came with Tie Advanced Prototype.