XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

6 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

It really depends what you're interested in, figures or vehicles? Jabba's Palace would be an instant buy if you like minifigures as it has an outstanding collection included plus the model is really excellent too. The only problem with buying the palace is the sudden urge to buy the Rancor pit to go with it. As for the two ships, they never really struck me as wow vehicles I must have. In fact I took my U-wing apart for parts as it looked strangely proportioned and bulky.

I'd say the Sandcrawler is a great price as Bricklink is showing around $300 without the shipping.

I'm definitely going to buy them all but its more a question of when hahaha. I feel like it would be smarter to get the older ones now and newer ones later :)

Just now, GrahamSlam said:

I would definitely stay away from the U-wing, if you're only in it for the ship. It has an ugly, massively oversized troop bay in the bottom of the fighter (which can be modded to be smaller), but it just is way out of proportion. Good minifigs though. The TIE is great, but overpriced. I would go with a sandcrawler, but be careful what you pay. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for the more recent one. As far as Jabba's Palace goes, it is great. Amazing minifigs, but small model. I would either buy that, a sandcrawler, or something like UCS Slave 1 or the UCS Snowspeeder. Both are fairly recent and not yet overpriced, and they are Star Wars classics. But, go with whatever you want to buy that has both good figures and a good model.

I already have the snowspeeder and the UCS Slave 1 is on its way in my list of sets to buy as well :) I'm understanding that both of you are not particular fans of the U Wing but it seems like an interesting set, besides the cargo bay was it okay? I'm in most sets for both minifigs and ships, Im planning on collecting a lot of sets and doing a bunch of unboxing videos on youtube eventually. 

Speaking of which..... I'm not sure if this is real but what are your opinions, I bought it because of the low price but well see what comes in the mail lol

If its fake, it will be sent right back :)

23379731_10154999610351198_76579950_o_opt.jpg

1 minute ago, star wars geek said:

I'm definitely going to buy them all but its more a question of when hahaha. I feel like it would be smarter to get the older ones now and newer ones later :)

I already have the snowspeeder and the UCS Slave 1 is on its way in my list of sets to buy as well :) I'm understanding that both of you are not particular fans of the U Wing but it seems like an interesting set, besides the cargo bay was it okay? I'm in most sets for both minifigs and ships, Im planning on collecting a lot of sets and doing a bunch of unboxing videos on youtube eventually. 

Speaking of which..... I'm not sure if this is real but what are your opinions, I bought it because of the low price but well see what comes in the mail lol

If its fake, it will be sent right back :)

23379731_10154999610351198_76579950_o_opt.jpg

This is probably fake. You'll receive Lepin; it says unbranded. It's a scam. Can I have a link to the seller's profile?

If you are going to get them all then Jabba's Palace first as that is an old set that had a bit of controversy surrounding it I remember correctly so may struggle to get a remake especially with a fishnet wearing dancer because it's Disney now.

As for your Death star, remember, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. That's a purchase that's too risky to deal with all the hassle of getting the money back.

Edited by That Orange Thing

33 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

If you are going to get them all then Jabba's Palace first as that is an old set that had a bit of controversy surrounding it I remember correctly so may struggle to get a remake especially with a fishnet wearing dancer because it's Disney now.

As for your Death star, remember, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. That's a purchase thats too risky to deal with all the hassle of getting the money back.

Ouuu that sounds interesting! I did not know that! I knew that slave Leia would never be made again but not about her. Regarding the Ebay listing I agree but, you never know! May as well try it and maybe it will make a good story to tell on here. Are there any sets in particular that you think are must haves for a collection @That Orange Thing and @GrahamSlam 

I may as well post my Brickset page eyh? https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-mnko237 

The only set that I have not added is the old Sandcrawler which I am waiting for to arrive.

Edited by star wars geek

@star wars geek - There's a lot of fake sets around so it's likely that 'if it looks too good to be true, it generally is'!  Hopefully you'll be able to get a refund, but I'd strongly recommend taking lots of photos of the package etc, before it's opened as evidence - it might be an idea to only partially open it (e.g. making a small careful cut!) to look for the set number.... that way you should be able to demonstrate that you don't receive what you'd ordered! 

In terms of sets, I'd strongly recommend the UCS Slave 1 - it's interesting to build and looks stunning on display.  It's been around for nearly two years, and based on previous life-cycles there's a chance it could be retired in the near-future.  That said, the UCS TIE is pretty good as well, and there's been several indications of late that it hasn't been a best-seller so, perhaps it could be next in line to go....

4 hours ago, star wars geek said:

Are there any sets in particular that you think are must haves for a collection @That Orange Thing and @GrahamSlam 

Just now, Lobot said:

In terms of sets, I'd strongly recommend the UCS Slave 1 - it's interesting to build and looks stunning on display.  It's been around for nearly two years, and based on previous life-cycles there's a chance it could be retired in the near-future.  That said, the UCS TIE is pretty good as well, and there's been several indications of late that it hasn't been a best-seller so, perhaps it could be next in line to go....

Completely agree with you, Lobot, UCS Slave 1 is amazing. Very cool build, and it looks amazing as a display piece. And, for 200 euro actually on the cheap side for a UCS. Tie fighter and snow speeder are 230 euro, but have way less pieces, plus with the Slave 1 you get a unique (I'm pretty sure the armprinting is unique) Boba Fett. 

@Lobot Thank you very much for the warning and I will do as such!!! I have been reading around on the UCS Tie Fighter as well and thats exactly why I’m thinking I should get it soon. The Slave 1 is most likely a holiday buy for me, should i make a topic once all my evidence is gathered to see what comes of this buy?

Just now, Alfadas said:

Completely agree with you, Lobot, UCS Slave 1 is amazing. Very cool build, and it looks amazing as a display piece. And, for 200 euro actually on the cheap side for a UCS. Tie fighter and snow speeder are 230 euro, but have way less pieces, plus with the Slave 1 you get a unique (I'm pretty sure the armprinting is unique) Boba Fett. 

Yes indeed, something that hasn’t been seen since Cloud City Boba right? :) 

@star wars geek - you're welcome.

I hope that your 10188 works out, but I'd plan for the worst!  I forgot to mention that there was another scam a few years ago (and pre-Lepin) which involved UCS Falcons at ridiculously low prices.  These were either from new(ish) Ebay accounts with a few feedbacks (often for items with virtually zero values) or from dormant accounts (1+ years) that had been hacked.  The buyers eventually received a padded envelope with a USB cable (or similar) but it was sent tracked.... I think the sellers were hoping that a signed delivery would be sufficient to prevent claims, so be careful for what you accept (especially if it's unexpected, or from China where most originated from).

@Lobot I’m not expecting much from this but we shall see where it goes. Is there a pinned topic for scams such as that somewhere? 

Congradulations on your 2000th post by the way lol! I usually visit for news regarding new sets but i never actually sign in, its been a pleasure reading what you have to say :) 

I don't know if it's been discussed, but I've been thinking about the lenght of the SW licence. Haven't been it mentioned somewhere that it will expire in 2022?

2 hours ago, Jockos said:

I don't know if it's been discussed, but I've been thinking about the lenght of the SW licence. Haven't been it mentioned somewhere that it will expire in 2022?

As long as money is being made, the SW theme will thrive.

Hello everyone, I am looking for someone who owns a 10212 ucs imperial shuttle.

would you be willing to measure it for me? I can’t seem to find a official one, and the ones online tend to have different numbers. I also don’t care if it’s cm or inch’s.

thank you so much!

Edited by Shadow_brick

i dont own one, but i took a look at the LEGO Store page and it says it's 71cm tall (28 inches) and 57cm (22 inches) when wings are deployed. hope that helps.

@Shadow_brick - I've merged your thread with this general Q&A one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

10212 is a beautiful model and I'd highly recommend it! 

On 11/18/2017 at 2:31 AM, Lobot said:

@Shadow_brick - I've merged your thread with this general Q&A one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

10212 is a beautiful model and I'd highly recommend it! 

If I could afford it, I would get it.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:09 PM, Jockos said:

It will most likely get renewed if Disney keeps pushing out Star Wars movies at the rate that they are going.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:26 AM, thorin said:

Did anyone else's shipments arrive damaged? I'm just getting my Force Friday 2 purchases from shop at home and they all seem to be pretty banged up.

Also, I bought Star Wars sets on separate days to get the different posters and yet every box arrived with the same poster in it...

I've never had these issues with shop at home before...

I know this is a bit old, but I just wanted to say that this happened to me too. I rung Lego and at first the lady just said that it must have been a packing error, but they had now run out of stock of the right poster. So I said I wasn't very happy as I had made my order at just past midnight so I should have been among the first orders to receive the correct poster. And I know it is only a poster, but if Lego are going to use marketing that encourages people to make multiple purchases on different days then they should at least honour it and the missing poster was actually the one I really liked. So then she got on the phone and found that a Lego office in the US had one and she got it shipped to the UK for me and it came really quickly. So overall they did rectify the error and kept to the usual standard of excellent customer service :)

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, star wars geek said:

I knew that slave Leia would never be made again but not about her.

Is it just speculation that Slave Leia won't be made again because of Disney rules? It would be a shame for such an iconic scene to be left out of future sets. :( Glad I picked up the newest Slave Leia :) 

Edited by BacktoBricks

It seems that no one in the 2018 thread either knows the answer so I'm asking it here:

When will the new sets (the Crait set,Tatooine BP, Ahch-To training, etc) be released? (mid)december or january?

On 11/7/2017 at 10:10 AM, That Orange Thing said:

I think the (incredibly dumb) controversy surrounding it was that it looked like a mosque, "with machine guns in the minaret and a disgusting hookah-smoking slug man inside." Hard to believe Disney would keep TLG from making Slave Leia or Oola, after all, Aayla Secura still was made in the last year.

Hey Eurobricks,

I want to build a First Order army, but have two problems. The first of which is the cheapest way to get lots of troopers, some crew and a few officers. I don't want to buy more than three of the same set, even for battle packs. The other issue is figuring out a cool way to display them. I don't want a minifig case, just some sort of flat plate I can put many figures on. Any ideas?

Hi @GrahamSlam - I've merged your thread with this one to keep the forum tidy.

In answer to your question, I'd recommend Bricklink - All of the Episode VII minifigures are listed here and you should be able to find US stores with a decent supply of them.  As regards to a display, perhaps some plates covered with black tiles?  I hope this might give you a few ideas :classic:

On 24-11-2017 at 9:50 AM, Jedi-Bendu said:

It seems that no one in the 2018 thread either knows the answer so I'm asking it here:

When will the new sets (the Crait set,Tatooine BP, Ahch-To training, etc) be released? (mid)december or january?

Anyone?

My last post was deleted by someone, so I'll post again. I want to make a First Order Army as cheaply as possible. Any suggestions?