XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

The website has like 9 different sets left and they're all pretty much bad ones. Guess I won't be buying sets on day 2 and 3. :P

Yeah, other than constraction figures the only sets in stock are the turbo tank, tracker, and kylo's shuttle. I'm not seeing any mention of the free minifigure other than in the legalese at the bottom of the promo page, so is that out of stock too? Or since there are no more star wars sets in stock are they just not advertising it? I suppose even if they still do have it, they won't give it with backorders. Have to say, TLG did a pretty bad job of predicting demand here.

Update: Just tried adding $50 worth of backorder SW items to my bag, and it gave me a free Yularen polybag (as well as the "minifigure travel pack")

Edited by DarthHank

I was thinking of buying the 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer but then I also saw the 75190 First Order Star Destroyer. Only want to get one star destroyer so I have to pick one of these. Price doesn't matter to me, I'm looking for a solid playset to get my hands on. 

In your opinion, which is better and why?

FSD for refreshing minifigures 

ISD for (subjectively) nicer looking display piece

They have more or less the same lackluster interior space.

Interior for 75190 is leagues better, I prefer the exterior of 75055 though.

75055 also has a better source material IMO. 

Mini-figs wise both are on the same level, although 75190 has Snoke in it so I give it an edge.

I'd go for 75055, since $$ isn't an issue. 

Yesterday the $50 purchase extra was a Scarif trooper polybag.  Today it is a rehash of the Yularen figure.  Does anyone know if the polybag changes on the third (and last) day of Force Friday II?

Does anybody have an article or video showing how much control Disney has over the sets and how the process goes?  Does Lego or Disney come up with the initial idea for a set?

I'd go with the Imperial version. Its the more iconic of the two and the set is a much more visually interesting display piece.

The framework of the two sets is also identical so even though the First Order version has a more detailed interior, its actually quite easy to replicate it on the Imperial version.

Good news is that this will probably dramatically slash the aftermarket price of the Yularen poly for folks who missed out on it two years ago. Still hoping my backordered Hoth Base is shipped with the Shoretrooper, though. 

The FSD has much more interior space, but the engine area and the general exterior is too basic and unrealistic for me. The ISD has a better looking outside, but a pathetic interior. Depends if you want it only for play or only for display. If you choose the latter, then go with the ISD. If you play, then go with the FSD.

Well in the uk 75190 is most reasonably priced tlj set and it has a nice interior plus 75055 is discontinued making it harder to get.

1 hour ago, GrahamSlam said:

The FSD has much more interior space, but the engine area and the general exterior is too basic and unrealistic for me. The ISD has a better looking outside, but a pathetic interior. Depends if you want it only for play or only for display. If you choose the latter, then go with the ISD. If you play, then go with the FSD.

When I look at the images of both ships interiors, it seems that the FSD has a smaller interior. 

3fb2849f746c9fa68c90f28692c797ad.png

Does anyone know if the UCS R2D2 has any expensive pieces? Or has someone BL'ed one recently and can tell me what they paid for it?

I would like one as a display model next to BB8, but don't need the box, instructions or sticker that comes with it. 

I'm now building a 75055 from spare parts, so I recognise both underlying structures very well. They are almost the same and interior size is the same. It seems smaller in the Finalizer because it has bigger sides hence a smaller interior in comparison.

The Finalizer has a better interior, so it will be more useful if that is important to you. As both are quite similar, it is possible to recreate the other one easily if you get bored of the first one. However, the Finalizer can be found cheaper probably, whereas the imperial star destroyer is a discontinued set.

I would go for the Finalizer. With the saved money, get the imperial officer, for instance, from the new advent calendar and a crew member plus 2 storm troopers from last year Battlefront II battle pack. I would add a Rogue One imperial battle pack to have additional stormtroopers and some death troopers, which are from the same time and they are a very cool crew for a star destroyer.

Edited by dvogon

The ISD is better for looks and good minifigures. The FISD has a decent exterior but has a much better interior for play purposes. It has average minifigures except snoke is the better one.

Hi TheRyan, and welcome to Eurobricks!

To keep our subforum from flooding with lots of topics with questions like yours, we created this topic to group them all, so that's why I moved your topic here. I hope you'll find some helpful advice here.

I noticed the new Falcon is 16+ like the Star Destroyer, Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2.  75159 Death Star is 14+ with more pieces than the SD and SSD, so I guess it's an easier build?

1 hour ago, OCD_Chad said:

I noticed the new Falcon is 16+ like the Star Destroyer, Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2.  75159 Death Star is 14+ with more pieces than the SD and SSD, so I guess it's an easier build?

Yes. The Death Star is a rather easy build, almost only plate & brick stacking.

Hi, pretty soon I'll be taking the plunge and purchasing that little ol' Millennium Falcon people are on about.

however I'm also thinking about picking up the UCS Slave 1 at the same time, as I think it will make a good companion piece.

my question is, how well does the Slave 1 scale in people's opinions? I know Lego says that it's true minifig scale, but from what I've found online this may not be accurate. The UCS set seems to be based, scale wise, on when Boba is walking into it with Han. However this makes the ship somewhere between a 1/4 and a 1/3 of the size of the Falcon. However after looking through various other forums, official stats, other scale models, and even Attack Fo the Clones, the Slave 1 should only be about 12 metres shorter than the Falcon, making it just over 2/3rds of the size.

so to anyone who owns both the UCS Slave 1 and original Falcon, do they look well together on the shelf and is it with me buying them both come September 14th?