XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Has anyone ever compiled a list of all the major characters and important minor characters we don't have minifigures of? 

Edited by Forresto

It would be a summary of the "future minifigs" (or whatever it is called) topic, less everything that has been released since it was posted. So if there was such a list (which I doubt) it would be moved to that thread

7 hours ago, Forresto said:

Has anyone ever compiled a list of all the major characters and important minor characters we don't have minifigures of? 

This is pretty subjective but according to me that list would be longer than the list of mini figures actually produced by lego, which would make it pretty pointless, although I kind of made a list of custom characters for me to make myself, but I make everything, even if it is a character only spotted for 3 seconds and without even a trap to deliver ;) 

I have a question, I wonder why they moved the date of releasing the future SW movies, why they choose may instead of december? Makes no sense to me... I would figure that christmas is the ultimate "go to the cinema with the whole family" occasion on the whole year...

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

This is pretty subjective but according to me that list would be longer than the list of mini figures actually produced by lego, which would make it pretty pointless, although I kind of made a list of custom characters for me to make myself, but I make everything, even if it is a character only spotted for 3 seconds and without even a trap to deliver ;) 

Agreed. The problem is that everyone thinks of Star Wars differently.... some will (or won't) want to see figs from comic books, video games, etc. Others will or won't want to see figs from "Legends" properties... which inevitably brings up the tedious question of what is canon and what isn't. And then someone will want to include all of the imperial officers which brings in the also-tedious question of their proper rank insignias... And however you slice and dice it, there are always vagaries... e.g., if you limit it to named, speaking characters in movies, would you really prefer a minifig of the rebel guy with one line who frees Jyn Erso from the turbo tank prison transport over, say, an unnamed non-speaking alien in Jabba's Palace (though I suppose every character there has a name at this point)? Do you include minifigs that were released, but with yellow heads? Or pupil-less eyes? Or exaggerated Clone Wars face styling? etc...

As each new movie comes out, the likelihood we will see any given legacy character in minifig form becomes smaller and smaller... especially if that character requires a new head mold. I think our only hope for filling major (let alone minor) holes is a CMF line, which barring a complete reversal won't happen until 2020 at earliest (the year Hasbro's current licensing agreement with Lucasfilm expires).

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I have a question, I wonder why they moved the date of releasing the future SW movies, why they choose may instead of december? Makes no sense to me... I would figure that christmas is the ultimate "go to the cinema with the whole family" occasion on the whole year...

I am only guessing, but I think it's because Disney wanted to shift one of the half-dozen Marvel movies they release each year to the December spot, to space them out better. With only one Star Wars movie released each year, it only has to compete with itself (and every other summer movie, I suppose).

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

As each new movie comes out, the likelihood we will see any given legacy character in minifig form becomes smaller and smaller... especially if that character requires a new head mold. I think our only hope for filling major (let alone minor) holes is a CMF line, which barring a complete reversal won't happen until 2020 at earliest (the year Hasbro's current licensing agreement with Lucasfilm expires).

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Probably, the only chance for legend / legacy character is if they get the Admiral Thrown treatment, which probably will happen to a few characters again. But for those that only appears in books and comics and not visualized on the screen, the chance is basically non-existent.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I am only guessing, but I think it's because Disney wanted to shift one of the half-dozen Marvel movies they release each year to the December spot, to space them out better. With only one Star Wars movie released each year, it only has to compete with itself (and every other summer movie, I suppose).

Well that sounds like a better explanation than anything else I can come up with, so why not. Sounds at least like one of the reasons to it.

Is there a kit full of blocks to build a base or a list of blocks to get? I'm looking to make more of a gray themed MOC and terrain to have combat between the two sides.

I'm planning on building Republic and imperial themed bases, one for each.  

My budget is around $200 USD to obtain all the building materials, baseplates, terrain stuff, etc.  I have the minifigures, weapons, and vehicles that I want so there is no need to buy those.

I already tried pick a brick, and bricklink but I'm looking for more of a "set" of stuff with most/everything of what I need to get.

Edited by Ryancup

yeahhhh, in your budget, maybe some of the eairly underground minecraft them.  getting a small bit of that theme got my crazy amounts of lbg & dbg blocks.

I know the episode 8 sets come out on September 1st, but do non-TLG sets come out earlier, and if so when?

Do you mean non-TLJ? I don't know why you are asking about non-TLG sets on EB

3 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Do you mean non-TLJ? I don't know why you are asking about non-TLG sets on EB

Hahahaha nice one

5 hours ago, DarthHank said:

I know the episode 8 sets come out on September 1st, but do non-TLG sets come out earlier, and if so when?

None that we know of. Unless LEGO does a surprise release of a D2C or something pops up in the wild TLJ sets are next up.

Depending on how deep/wide your base is, you can use DUPLO blocks underneath for places that won't be exposed.

I've always wanted to make a large ship or vehicle MOC, but the ideas I come up with are for basic ships that never would look good in LEGO form. For an amateur MOC maker, does anyone have an idea of a MOC I should make? I'd be glad to post the finished product.

Honestly, for what you want to do stick with Bricklink. 

Terrain is a killer if you want to do it properly (elevation changes, color changes, etc). You'll need lots of different sized plates depending on how big you want to go. 

As far as the Base itself goes, most of the sets that would contain anything truly useful would run you a lot of money and you'd probably need two of them to make something worthwhile. Keep your eyes out on facebook sale groups or something for some smaller sets people sell in the for sale section. Some times people sell the sets without the minifigs pretty cheap. 

Again I'd ultimately try and push you to bricklink. With a $200 budget, that will get you a lot further than buying a set. You can always create yourself a "Want" List for this specific build and then sort it by price, quantity, and everything else to help you get the most bang for your buck.  

Hope this helps!

Hi @Ryancup and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

And, as other members have said, either Bricklink (or possibly heavily discounted sets might be an option).  Some of the 'Classic' sets are incredibly good value and, depending on the design, you may be able to use the odd-coloured parts for the hidden structure/frame etc.

I've merged your thread with this one to keep the forum tidy, I hope that's ok. 

50 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Hi @Ryancup and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

And, as other members have said, either Bricklink (or possibly heavily discounted sets might be an option).  Some of the 'Classic' sets are incredibly good value and, depending on the design, you may be able to use the odd-coloured parts for the hidden structure/frame etc.

I've merged your thread with this one to keep the forum tidy, I hope that's ok. 

Yeah no problem, thanks for the advice.

My first post in this forum. I hope this is the right thread for my question.

I've bought a special forces trooper on ebay and it has a different head than i think it should have. 

Which minifigure does this head belong too?

hgj.PNG

Edited by NexusLenz

1 hour ago, NexusLenz said:

My first post in this forum. I hope this is the right thread for my question.

I've bought a special forces trooper on ebay and it has a different head than i think it should have. 

Which minifigure does this head belong too?

It belongs to the Republic Trooper

Hey, anyone have ideas for a UCS set I could design digitally? I cannot think of any good Star Wars ships that I could make in UCS scale, even digitally. If anyone has an idea for a UCS set I could design, let me know. I'd be glad to share instructions with anyone who gives me the idea I use. 

3 hours ago, GrahamSlam said:

Hey, anyone have ideas for a UCS set I could design digitally? I cannot think of any good Star Wars ships that I could make in UCS scale, even digitally. If anyone has an idea for a UCS set I could design, let me know. I'd be glad to share instructions with anyone who gives me the idea I use. 

Pretty much everything from the prequel trilogy hasn't been released as a UCS yet, there's lots of ships there. There's also truckloads Clone Wars and Rebels stuff as well. You're bound to find something that catches your eye from there.