XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Well you either do know or you're guessing. This thread is full of vague ITK comments that leave people guessing about whether something is a hint or not. I personally don't think another one will be around next year and I'm not remotely interested in guessing whether one will be and whether or not it's worth betting on. I've seen the Boba Fett one sell for around £5 so it's worth it to pick up that figure alone regardless of whether the book becomes obsolete in 6-12 months.

You're absolutely right on all accounts. I could be guessing. I could know. This forum is full of vague hints. It's not worth betting on. The second edition is cheap. And spending a fiver on a book won't prevent you from buying the newest version when it comes out.

Edited by LEGOscum

Random question, been wanting to put together a Dash Rendar custom, and saw this one on the web;

15490163686_f47d85a0b3_b.jpg

Does anyone know which pieces they used to make him?  Thanks!

35 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

Random question, been wanting to put together a Dash Rendar custom, and saw this one on the web;

*snip*

Does anyone know which pieces they used to make him?  Thanks!

Hair is Clone Wars Obi Wan, head is Indiana Jones, the torso is Bib Fortuna's with the arms swapped and the legs are Han Solo's

Jesus I'm glad they got rid of that Luke's face, it's :sick:

I think that Dash Rendar looks awesome except for the hair color, it would look much better in light brown. 

The good thing about that over-detailed Luke head is that it functions really well as a middle aged Luke face (and it has two sides), for possible depictions of him between episode 6 and 7 in the future that might not become lego minifigures

Off topic but I'm really glad they got rid of those overly detailed heads. There was a period where they got the Minifig detailings right, then they started to go overboard, especially with the faces. People like Luke looked nothing like their onscreen appearances. It's back on track now, thankfully.

Back on topic, anybody know why they thought it was a good idea to put that much detail on faces?

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Off topic but I'm really glad they got rid of those overly detailed heads. There was a period where they got the Minifig detailings right, then they started to go overboard, especially with the faces. People like Luke looked nothing like their onscreen appearances. It's back on track now, thankfully.

Back on topic, anybody know why they thought it was a good idea to put that much detail on faces?

They did get back on track but generally speaking the only over the top detailed mini-figs from the top of my head are 2014 Luke, 2014 Veers and I still hate the old Obi Wan's face from 2014 onward. 

On 5/16/2017 at 3:53 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

Hair is Clone Wars Obi Wan, head is Indiana Jones, the torso is Bib Fortuna's with the arms swapped and the legs are Han Solo's

Thank you!  That's Indiana's head?  Seems like a redhead to me... and seems fitting that it's Han Solo's legs lol

On 5/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, RetroInferno said:

Jesus I'm glad they got rid of that Luke's face, it's :sick:

I think that Dash Rendar looks awesome except for the hair color, it would look much better in light brown. 

I picture/remember Dash as a redhead in my memory, so it's perfect as is to me haha

Random question: does anybody know if Tesco here in the U.K. has the new wave on the shelves yet ? I'm desperate for the bounty hunter pack ! 

Hi all, I bought one older set 75049. It was new (bags sealed and so on) and when I started to build it, I have noticed that some of the white pieces are yellowed... so is this normal, if yes so I am bit surprised that LEGO use so cheap plastic that become yellowed even its in the box just due its age...

14 hours ago, miles teg said:

Random question: does anybody know if Tesco here in the U.K. has the new wave on the shelves yet ? I'm desperate for the bounty hunter pack ! 

I got the bounty hunter pack there earlier in the week. Got it for £9.59 - wrongly put through as there were other older battle packs at that price. 

16 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

Hi all, I bought one older set 75049. It was new (bags sealed and so on) and when I started to build it, I have noticed that some of the white pieces are yellowed... so is this normal, if yes so I am bit surprised that LEGO use so cheap plastic that become yellowed even its in the box just due its age...

There are probably in-depth explanations somewhere on the forums, but put simply, a set nowadays can have its pieces made all over the world, and the raw materials used may vary between factories. Subtle chemical or structural differences are also possible even within the same batch of parts, but as long as those fall within certain tolerances they're not considered flawed. Finally, during storage, handling, and shipping, parts may have been exposed to any number of external factors, such as temperature, that TLG could not have had any control over. A combination of any and all of those things, and you can and should expect something to be off every now and then. While Lego pieces generally are more durable than most toys, they're still just plastic, which by its very definition changes easily.

Thanks for the info, basically you told me what I was afraid off. In this small set is not a huge trouble and it bother me not too much. But if this will happen to me with set like a Death Star... I will be more that disappointed.

Imagine spending over £200 on the Hoth Set (if you were so inclined) and the snow yellowed. Not many people like yellow snow.

16 hours ago, Brickdad said:

I got the bounty hunter pack there earlier in the week. Got it for £9.59 - wrongly put through as there were other older battle packs at that price. 

Awesome ???? I'll pop in there on my lunch break tomorrow then ! 

What's the difference between the Rebel A Wing pilot that came out in the polybag last year versus the pilot version we got in the A wing set this year?

24 minutes ago, eldiano said:

What's the difference between the Rebel A Wing pilot that came out in the polybag last year versus the pilot version we got in the A wing set this year?

The former is red with a closed-chin helmet. The latter is green with an open-chin helmet.

Jabba's Sail Barge...what would you do? (of note, I do have 9516 Jabba's Palace)

Option-1: New, sealed MISB 75020

Option-2: Used, but "near mint" 6210 (with box, instructions and all minifigs)

Option-3: Wait for inevitable future re-release...

4 hours ago, eliminator said:

Jabba's Sail Barge...what would you do? (of note, I do have 9516 Jabba's Palace)

Trust me when I say that I had those exact thoughts. Plus I wanted 2014 Jabba's palace and the Rancor Pit.

I went with the third option, bricklinked a couple mini-figs of each sets to make up for it.

Just remember that all of the starwars sets are bound to be remade at some point and are mostly better models than the previous, which mini-figs aside 6210 is an odd ball. I really doesn't like the nose of the 2014 barge.  

Edited by RetroInferno

Option 1: Vastly improved minifigs, and the nose is more accurately scaled, even if the jagged stair-step build of the nose is clumsy. 

Option 2: Minifigs are really dated, esp. Jabba. But it's larger than the 75020, and the nose is more elegantly built, if a little stubby. And you get the Sarlaac and Skiff with this set, although both had been remade twice now, with improvements.

Option 3: Requires patience, with the risk that it may not be what you hope for... if it's not a UCS set, a future Sail Barge could be even *smaller* than the last one, with LEGO's trend toward miniaturization... and given reports that Slave Leia is persona-non-gratis in the post-Disney world, there's a good chance she won't be included in a future Sail Barge set.

I bought the 75020 a few months ago, and didn't really consider the 6210. So I guess I would go with option 1 or 3, if I were buying now. 

Yeah I don't know about Slave Leia, it's still one of the most sought after mini-fig on average, Disney sure owns the  general license but I don't think they would go after Lego if they wanted to remake the mini-fig and spit on some basically free cash. 

But hey, the bounty hunter BP hapenned so anything is possible :P

I struggled with this same decision a couple years ago when the new one came out. Ultimately I went with paying more and ebaying the 6210 for the following reasons:

1) Sails are fabric in lieu of stiff plastic. Personally I like the fabric ones since they inherently have a matte finish and don't feel so glossy/fake.

2) The nose. I totally agree with retroinferno... The nose on 75020 sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. Straight up ugly. In fact... I think it ruins the entire set. It's is too noticeable and "wart" looking. The smooth conical nose of 6210 blends in perfectly.

3) You get the Sarlac and a skiff... Yes, you can pick these up all over, but I personally wanted a couple of skiffs (to match the movie) and this made it easy to pick up an extra skiff right off the bat.

4) My only negatives to 6210 were the minifigs. Particularly the all-green Jabba and the all-green Gamorean guard. They are printless and it makes them look much older than the rest of the set. I did buy Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit... So that makes up for it. I'm still out Max Rebo and Ree Yees... But I suppose I can pick them off later if I want... I didn't have any hesitation pairing the old 6210 with the new palace and pit...

...there is no easy way to bricklink a new nose design, and there was no way I could build it like 75020 was designed and keep a straight face (pun?) As you can tell, the nose design was the "deal breaker" for me.

9 hours ago, eliminator said:

I would go with 6210. The only real problem is the back part of the ship on hinges come of pretty easy. Besides that, it is a great display model and, in my opinion, better than 75020. The figures are also better in 6210. You get a gamorean guard, Jabba, Luke, Lando, Han, Leia, R2D2, and Boba. I think there is some desirability in owning the older Star Wars figures. 75020 has an updated Jabba, Leia, and R2. The rest of the figures for it are a skiff guard, Ree Yees and Max Reebo. Not too many figures and the sail barge is a downgrade. If you really want the updated figures or Ree Yees and Max Reebo you could bricklink them.