XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

2 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

She is in the new movie so there's a chance there will be another in September but I don't expect it to be in a cheap set which is a shame.

And not u-wing :cry_sad: but these are the rest, at least in germanly

https://www.promobricks.de/may-the-4th-diese-lego-star-wars-sets-sind-um-40-reduziert/31268

Thanks for the response, I can only hope!

Regarding the May 4th promo, Wow! 40% off the Falcon!!! My son is too young for it at the moment but I might just have to buy that and put it away for a couple of years - too good a deal to refuse! Plus, this will be last Falcon with Han Solo in so worth getting.

Awesome! battle of Scarif is one I've planned on picking up, unfortunately it is on the last day. I may also buy Luke's land speeder I don't have any of the figures except C3-p0 and I probably won't find a better deal on it anywhere else. I was kind of hoping we'd get a few different deals. Especially since I just got that rebel pack, but that's good for those who want to army build. Just have to decide if I should wait to the last day to try to get the promo, or go in for deals. Maybe both :laugh:

Has anyone ever tried modifien four (or more) 75171 Battle on Scarif sets into one build? Tempted to do this as a future project, but was wondering if it has been done before. 

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Has anyone ever tried modifien four (or more) 75171 Battle on Scarif sets into one build? Tempted to do this as a future project, but was wondering if it has been done before. 

Yeah, this youtuber did

Alright thank you. The 2 sets together makes it somewhat better, but I think you should make it double in length as well plus making a bigger doors (2 next to each other is fine, but if you do that you should also make it taller). For that you need 2 more or just buy parts but who can resist more shoretroopers.. 

Of course you can make something all by yourself but I think they that a good job with the platform except for the size. Well then, 3 more Battle on Scarif sets it is. 

2 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

For that you need 2 more or just buy parts but who can resist more shoretroopers.. 

Of course you can make something all by yourself but I think they that a good job with the platform except for the size. Well then, 3 more Battle on Scarif sets it is. 

I don't think anyone could more shoretroopers! I mean if you buy the at the sale that saves 40%, then for further savings you could sell 3 Cassian Andor figures(assuming you wanted to keep one, and had no use for the others). On brick link they seemed to go for about $7 or so, at least the ones I saw. So say you sold them for $5 that's $15 right there. Then you could either sell the Erso minifigs or put the helmet on and use her as just a plain imperial solider. Plus the set comes with 2 extra blasters.  So if you normally discard the stud shooters from battlepacks you have 8 extra blasters to fill your troops with. The deal is practically profit! Okay, well maybe not, but it's a labor of love. Good luck with the build! I'd love to see it when it is finished.

Just now, FishW said:

I don't think anyone could more shoretroopers! I mean if you buy the at the sale that saves 40%, then for further savings you could sell 3 Cassian Andor figures(assuming you wanted to keep one, and had no use for the others). On brick link they seemed to go for about $7 or so, at least the ones I saw. So say you sold them for $5 that's $15 right there. Then you could either sell the Erso minifigs or put the helmet on and use her as just a plain imperial solider. Plus the set comes with 2 extra blasters.  So if you normally discard the stud shooters from battlepacks you have 8 extra blasters to fill your troops with. The deal is practically profit! Okay, well maybe not, but it's a labor of love. Good luck with the build! I'd love to see it when it is finished.

Hehe. First need to wait for some deal.. The 40% off makes it €41.96 here which is okayish, but don't know if Amazon.de matches the prices of the Lego store because they will be €35.99 in Germany.. 

Hi, not sure if this is the correct thread for this ? I have just received a couple of Rebel Scout Troopers that I ordered from eBay and they are like new apart from they each have different faces. One has a smile and 'pupils' while the other has a grimace and solid eyes...Is this correct ? If not, Could somebody please post a pic of the correct face please ?! 

26 minutes ago, miles teg said:

Hi, not sure if this is the correct thread for this ? I have just received a couple of Rebel Scout Troopers that I ordered from eBay and they are like new apart from they each have different faces. One has a smile and 'pupils' while the other has a grimace and solid eyes...Is this correct ? If not, Could somebody please post a pic of the correct face please ?! 

Looks normal to me:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw187#T=S&O={}
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw427#T=S&O={}

Hi folks,

I am just looking for some seasoned advice here. I desperately want the Mos Eisley Cantina but want to know if it is cheaper for me to source all the parts via Bricklink or to buy the set second-hand?

The reason I ask is because I don't need the landspeeder, Luke or Obi (as I, or should I say, my son already has the landspeeder).

I am guessing it won't be cheaper, especially as I would have to pay for the other minifigs. Just thought I would ask though in case.

Thanks

You would probably be better off buying it second hand on eBay or bricklink as the figs and speeder you do not need are the cheapest part of the set. I imagine you would have to pay a high price for the sandtrooper and dewback especially if bought separately. Then you have the other five figs and parts to buy from multiple orders. Just less hassle buying it as a set in my opinion.

Maybe this could be moved to general questions in the pinned topics by a friendly mod :classic:

2 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Hi folks,

I am just looking for some seasoned advice here. I desperately want the Mos Eisley Cantina but want to know if it is cheaper for me to source all the parts via Bricklink or to buy the set second-hand?

The reason I ask is because I don't need the landspeeder, Luke or Obi (as I, or should I say, my son already has the landspeeder).

I am guessing it won't be cheaper, especially as I would have to pay for the other minifigs. Just thought I would ask though in case.

Thanks

@Brickdad - It's probably cheaper to buy a used or incomplete set on Ebay, especially if you want some of the minifigures or dewbacks.  They seem to appear reasonably often and you should be able to pick one up for a decent price if you look around.  You can still get sealed ones for about £80 delivered occasionally, so that might be an option....  it's a great set although a little on the small side.  Here's a link to a review you might like!

I've merged your thread into the General Q&A to keep the forum tidy, I hope that's ok :classic:

Thanks Lobot, sorry about putting post in wrong place - newbie mistake! 

Well, I will save my pennies up and go for complete set. Can always sell the speeder, luke and Ben to make back a few quid I suppose.

Cheers

17 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Thanks Lobot, sorry about putting post in wrong place - newbie mistake! 

Well, I will save my pennies up and go for complete set. Can always sell the speeder, luke and Ben to make back a few quid I suppose.

Cheers

The only problem with selling those items is there's now an updated Speeder with hose same digs available in a cheap set.

picking up a set with just he cantina may be a better option. They were relatively cheap not so long ago.

22 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The only problem with selling those items is there's now an updated Speeder with hose same digs available in a cheap set.

picking up a set with just he cantina may be a better option. They were relatively cheap not so long ago.

True enough, that's the speeder my son has. I did think about buying one without the minifigs (seen one for around £42) and although I could live without the Dewback and Sandtrooper I would have to buy Greedo, Han and the Biths. This would then surely take it up to the price of a complete set. Seems there's no way to get it cheaper than buying the full set really.

I'm not sure what country you're in, but it seems like you can get the whole set for 80 USD on bricklink, which is only $10 more than it originally sold for. That's definitely the best way, and if you really need to recover some cash you could sell the landspeeder. It would cost much more to get all the pieces and find the minifigures, even without the landspeeder.

1 hour ago, Brickdad said:

True enough, that's the speeder my son has. I did think about buying one without the minifigs (seen one for around £42) and although I could live without the Dewback and Sandtrooper I would have to buy Greedo, Han and the Biths. This would then surely take it up to the price of a complete set. Seems there's no way to get it cheaper than buying the full set really.

@Brickdad - If the one you're referring to is on Ebay at £41.99, then it's missing bag 4 which is quite a bit of the Catina!! :wink: Personally I wouldn't worry about the overlap between 75052 and 75173 - you can't ever have enough Landspeeders and having multiple Lukes etc will allow you to expand your Mos Eisley to include different scenes of Episode IV!

There's a full one with less than 4 hours to go for around £34 currently. I'd keep an eye on that one.

I think I've actually got a second set unbuilt as I bought it cheap for a second set of Biths and another Dewback. Actually I think I sold the Speeder and other spare figures so probably not useful to you.

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think I've actually got a second set unbuilt as I bought it cheap for a second set of Biths and another Dewback. Actually I think I sold the Speeder and other spare figures so probably not useful to you.

I suppose that would depend on how much you would sell it for without all the figures.

Btw, love this forum. So many helpful folk!

Edit: Gutted! Missed out on the Ebay one by £1! Was putting my son to bed when bid was at end point so couldn't make a counter bid when my own was outbid.  Oh well, keep looking then.

Edited by Brickdad
Update.

On 4/21/2017 at 7:42 AM, Brickdad said:

Thanks for the response, I can only hope!

Regarding the May 4th promo, Wow! 40% off the Falcon!!! My son is too young for it at the moment but I might just have to buy that and put it away for a couple of years - too good a deal to refuse! Plus, this will be last Falcon with Han Solo in so worth getting.

Highly advised. I did not appreciate the OT as much when  younger and being an Imperial it always seemed overrated to me. My dad bought it regardless and it's one of my favorite sets now and one of my favorite building moments with him as a young boy. Well...besides building the second Death Star ;) 

53 minutes ago, Helghan said:

Highly advised. I did not appreciate the OT as much when  younger and being an Imperial it always seemed overrated to me. My dad bought it regardless and it's one of my favorite sets now and one of my favorite building moments with him as a young boy. Well...besides building the second Death Star ;) 

Yeah, that's the plan. After talking it over with the wife it's decided that the MF will be a family-build this Christmas. And between now and Christmas I will be stocking up on bricklink to deck out the interior and cockpit (akin to Flail). Not sure of filling in the pizza gaps yet though as my boy will be constantly playing with this I imagine.

UCS models definitely in my future plans and hopefully my son will have lots of memories to cherish. My dad wasn't into Star Wars or Lego so I was a solitary builder as a kid.

1 hour ago, Brickdad said:

Yeah, that's the plan. After talking it over with the wife it's decided that the MF will be a family-build this Christmas. And between now and Christmas I will be stocking up on bricklink to deck out the interior and cockpit (akin to Flail). Not sure of filling in the pizza gaps yet though as my boy will be constantly playing with this I imagine.

UCS models definitely in my future plans and hopefully my son will have lots of memories to cherish. My dad wasn't into Star Wars or Lego so I was a solitary builder as a kid.

I feel you there. Although, to be frank, the original UCS is very hefty so make sure he knows how to handle it to avoid any unfortunate drops. My dad was never really into Star Wars or Lego but he knew how much I adored the two together so he did try to build with me and it made for some interesting times. Always brighten my spirits to see parents building with their kids whether AFOL's or just some quality time. I'm not a parent but I've gotten my younger brother into Lego- now just time to bring him to the SW side!

Edited by Helghan
Sheesh my grammar apparently declines at 3am.

5 hours ago, Helghan said:

...to be frank, the original UCS is very hefty so make sure he knows how to handle it to avoid any unfortunate drops.

Lol, there's no way I am getting a UCS any time soon. Not only is the price unjustifiable to the wife but my boy is only 5! UCS won't be on the table (pardon the pun) til he is at least in double figures.

For the VIP early access to the snowspeeder is that only online or is that in the physical stores too?

My local lego store said it was D2C only on the VIP snowspeeder, but that was not the case for other VIP sets such as the Disney Castle so I'd be surprised tbh if they are not in the official stores.