XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I need advice good people of Eurobricks. Local TRU has 20% off Lego sets for a week and it got me thinking...I wouldn't mind a UCS TIE, and at 20% off I could get it around 180-190 bucks. (normal price here is 220)

But I'm not sure if it would be worth waiting for the May 4th promotion...As I saw on the EU store calendar, TLG will offer a couple of discounts, but I don't think there will be an amount like this... what should I do, go for this promo or wait for the 4th?:look:

They will most likely give a 10% discount with possibly double VIP (so that would be €198,- + €15 (4 points short of 400 - €20) in points + the R2-D2 polybag). Then you could sell the R2 for €10-20 and have the Tie for the same price or even less then what you will pay now at Toy'r'us plus the VIP points. 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

They will most likely give a 10% discount with possibly double VIP (so that would be €198,- + €15 (4 points short of 400 - €20) in points + the R2-D2 polybag). Then you could sell the R2 for €10-20 and have the Tie for the same price or even less then what you will pay now at Toy'r'us plus the VIP points. 

I don't think I'll sell the R2 if I get it, I like it. But the store calendar that was posted from Germany in the other thread didn't say anything about double VIP points...on the other hand, now that I checked on S@H, there's a 3x VIP point promo for everything...

Anyone else who got the 75155 U-Wing end up with a couple of out of the ordinary extra pieces?  I had an extra 1 x 2 DBG cheese wedge/slope and an extra DBG 2 x 2 round tile with the hollow stud in the middle of the top.  I checked back through the instructions and the part inventory and I didn't miss a step or miss anything.  Odd to get extras of those.

Also, did anyone MOD the 75175 A-Wing's landing gear to match the landing gear from the 75150 A-Wing?

8 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

Anyone else who got the 75155 U-Wing end up with a couple of out of the ordinary extra pieces?  I had an extra 1 x 2 DBG cheese wedge/slope and an extra DBG 2 x 2 round tile with the hollow stud in the middle of the top.  I checked back through the instructions and the part inventory and I didn't miss a step or miss anything.  Odd to get extras of those.

Also, did anyone MOD the 75175 A-Wing's landing gear to match the landing gear from the 75150 A-Wing?

Can't remember if I had the 1x2 wedge but I did have an extra round tile with hollow stud as well.

8 hours ago, Forresto said:

Has anyone made a Rebels style Tie Fighter?

Don't know about the standard TIE, but someone posted a yellow mining guild one, some time last year

Anyone know how long the Rogue One AT-ST and Hovertank will still be on Amazon.de? I'm looking to buy a second one of each, but don't know when I should strike, wait for a bigger discount and accept the risk of them selling out or buy them sooner?

On 10-4-2017 at 2:48 PM, JPN366 said:

Yes, I did also recieve these pieces extra.

Usually when I recieve weird big pieces as extras I check Bricklink to see which extra parts are present to verify if I had not made a building mistake :)

Edited by TWP

Does anyone know how much it would cost to Bricklink the parts for 10212 Imperial shuttle?

When are the May the Fourth discounts usually revealed?  Or is it just an arbitrary announcement?  Thanks!

On 4/13/2017 at 4:25 AM, JDbricks said:

Does anyone know how much it would cost to Bricklink the parts for 10212 Imperial shuttle?

Hi, http://rebrickable.com/sets/10212-1/imperial-shuttle-ucs/#buy_parts gives you a feel for a 100% match on the parts (new or used is your option), you can of course use the option to create a Bricklink Wishlist and then price from this.  But for this number of parts you may want to use a tool such as BrickStock to get the best balance of orders/shops/parts/locations/new/used etc - plus you can of course always swap out parts for any mods you particularly like (unless you aiming to be 100% pure) and what bricks you currently have yourself.

If you want a 100% pure build, you may want to check out the usual buying sites for a second hand but 100% complete set in case the bricklink option gets expensive.

Worth searching the forums as a number of folks have trodden this path

Cheers

Anyone have a good source of images of the scarif landing pad and doorway to the terminal? The excellent Visuka Guide is a bit lacking here and there don't seem to be any official images about. 

So I read that most star Wars sets will be 10% off April 29th- May 5th, with one set being 40% off each day. Will we know which sets are going to be 40% off, or will it be a day by day thing. Because I'd like to jump on it as soon as I can, but I don't want to buy a set that will be 40% off the next day. Second question how quickly does the May 4th promotion(R2-D2 build this year) run for before it runs out. It always says "while supplies last", I imagine a lot of people jump on this deal, so are supplies normally well stocked to last the whole time with "while supplies last" as just a bit of clause just in case, or is it where normally after the first day or two they are sold out.

(Accidently posted that in the a Future minifigs discussion by accident the first time, whoops)

50 minutes ago, FishW said:

So I read that most star Wars sets will be 10% off April 29th- May 5th, with one set being 40% off each day. Will we know which sets are going to be 40% off, or will it be a day by day thing. Because I'd like to jump on it as soon as I can, but I don't want to buy a set that will be 40% off the next day. Second question how quickly does the May 4th promotion(R2-D2 build this year) run for before it runs out. It always says "while supplies last", I imagine a lot of people jump on this deal, so are supplies normally well stocked to last the whole time with "while supplies last" as just a bit of clause just in case, or is it where normally after the first day or two they are sold out.

(Accidently posted that in the a Future minifigs discussion by accident the first time, whoops)

I would imagine stocks depend on your country. 

As for the 40% promotion, I haven't seen any viable info on the timetable, it's a day by day thing, so you won't know for sure. The 10% is stable discount though so you don't have to hurry because of that.

1 hour ago, brobert said:

I would imagine stocks depend on your country. 

As for the 40% promotion, I haven't seen any viable info on the timetable, it's a day by day thing, so you won't know for sure. The 10% is stable discount though so you don't have to hurry because of that.

Good to know, thanks! Just trying to plan accordingly I don't want to buy they y-wing for $60 USD if it will be $36 later. Or spend a lot of money on a set and have another set I want go on sale, I'm a poor(well probably more cheap than poor) man :laugh:. My hope is Krennics Shuttle gets the big 40%, that would be amazing. Though I doubt it. With luck it will be actual sets, and more expensive ones. Not like magnets, key chains, books, or dvds(nothing against those just rather have a set on sale). At the very least a microfighters on sale would be cool. But here's to hoping for better :thumbup: 

What do other people want to get a heavy discount if I may ask?

5 hours ago, FishW said:

Good to know, thanks! Just trying to plan accordingly I don't want to buy they y-wing for $60 USD if it will be $36 later. Or spend a lot of money on a set and have another set I want go on sale, I'm a poor(well probably more cheap than poor) man :laugh:. My hope is Krennics Shuttle gets the big 40%, that would be amazing. Though I doubt it. With luck it will be actual sets, and more expensive ones. Not like magnets, key chains, books, or dvds(nothing against those just rather have a set on sale). At the very least a microfighters on sale would be cool. But here's to hoping for better :thumbup: 

What do other people want to get a heavy discount if I may ask?

Well, I would like to see "Battle on Scarif" discounted, because that's the only Rogue One set I don't have yet, and my birthday is on May the third.  :laugh:

Realistically, I think "Encounter on Jakku" and "Battle on Takodana" are likely candidates.  They have been heavily discounted elsewhere, and they still seem to clutter shelves.  They both seem like good sets, but both are overpriced in the United States (and elsewhere, I would assume).

13 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Well, I would like to see "Battle on Scarif" discounted, because that's the only Rogue One set I don't have yet, and my birthday is on May the third.  :laugh:

Realistically, I think "Encounter on Jakku" and "Battle on Takodana" are likely candidates.  They have been heavily discounted elsewhere, and they still seem to clutter shelves.  They both seem like good sets, but both are overpriced in the United States (and elsewhere, I would assume).

That is a fair assumption, although in my opinion the only good thing about these sets are the minifigs. Otherwise there's not much to them. 

I liked the Takodana set but the Jakku is lacking and the blue is abit too intense, I hope the U-wing and Scarif are discounted or any other RO sets I don't yet have and although battlepacks at £7.20 would be nice, higher priced sets mean bigger discounts.

( I just really miss being able to get a battlepack for a tenner. )

I'd love to see Scarif discounted (though I'll get it regardless), or the Y-Wing (I have the previous one, but the minifigures might sway me to get it), but I figure they're too knew. I notice the rebel combat frigate is marked as retiring soon, so that could be a possibility. Assault on Hoth would actually be great at 40% off, but no way is TLG generous enough to do that.

I hope there are actually some good deals - normally I'm excited for May the 4th, but R2 just isn't as compelling a gift as a rare figure.

Hi folks, first post but been a quiet lurker til now. Just wondering if Captain Phasma will be released in more sets? I'm just a basic lego dad, not a minifig collector or anything and cant face paying £20 to get her. The FO transporter is also too pricey for my liking.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Hi folks, first post but been a quiet lurker til now. Just wondering if Captain Phasma will be released in more sets? I'm just a basic lego dad, not a minifig collector or anything and cant face paying £20 to get her. The FO transporter is also too pricey for my liking.

Cheers!

She is in the new movie so there's a chance there will be another in September but I don't expect it to be in a cheap set which is a shame.

12 hours ago, DarthHank said:

I'd love to see Scarif discounted

On 20/04/2017 at 10:24 AM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I hope the U-wing and Scarif are discounted 

On 19/04/2017 at 8:05 PM, RogueTwo said:

It looks like we are in luck, it will reduced to £33 on may 6th

https://brickset.com/article/27649/[uk-eu]-star-wars-40-discounts

And not u-wing :cry_sad: but these are the rest, at least in Germany

https://www.promobricks.de/may-the-4th-diese-lego-star-wars-sets-sind-um-40-reduziert/31268

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
Forgot that is needed to be typed and wouldn't appear from the ether and then typed germanly instead of Germany.