XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Lol ya I really love them both. I love Battlefront and both really fit into my theme of collecting Battlefront stuff. The Y-wing plays a big part but the Scarif beach and troops play a huge part too :grin:

Also I have a U-wing and X-wing I kind of feel obligated to get the Y-wing and A-wing..

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Hi there! I was told I should ask my question here. I'm thinking about ordering a Rogue One set tonight before 2x the points end. Which do you guys think I'd get a better bang for my buck. The Y-wing or the Battle on Scarif one? I already have Jyn and Cassion so minifigs aren't really the priority. 

Hey @Ashnflash, welcome to the SW forum, be sure to stick around more :wink:

In terms of bang for your buck, Y-wing is better because it has much better value, but I personally really like the Battle on Scarif set as well. It just… feels really satisfying. (You can see my review in my signature)

On 3/16/2017 at 8:38 PM, Ashnflash said:

Hi there! I was told I should ask my question here. I'm thinking about ordering a Rogue One set tonight before 2x the points end. Which do you guys think I'd get a better bang for my buck. The Y-wing or the Battle on Scarif one? I already have Jyn and Cassion so minifigs aren't really the priority. 

Y-wing is definitely the better choice.

2 hours ago, jhaelego said:

1xgqsYC.png

Spotted R3-S1, the droid from the Y-Wing in Rogue One in the bottom left corner.

Good eye.

One of the reasons I'm so happy the movie is out there is so that people can start picking the scenes apart frame-by-frame for characters, droids, ships, etc. 

3 hours ago, jhaelego said:

Spotted R3-S1, the droid from the Y-Wing in Rogue One in the bottom left corner.

Yes, good catch. I saw a lot of the other droids too, like R3-M2 from the polybag, but also droids that have been refitted with body/dome.

51 minutes ago, lomis said:

Good eye.

One of the reasons I'm so happy the movie is out there is so that people can start picking the scenes apart frame-by-frame for characters, droids, ships, etc. 

Totally agreed!

I've also been re-watching Rogue One yesterday night. Movie is 2 hrs, but it took me 3.5 because I kept pausing it xD

Some things I discovered, amongst others:

- Krennic's Death Troopers in the first scene seem to magically switch positions, first they are standing no pauldron-pauldron-no pauldron-krennic-pauldron - no pauldron - no pauldron, in a close up shot after, reversed.

- Not all Death Troopers have the extra visor, guess we'll need a new helmet mold :grin:

- Death troopers are appearently scared of the dark after they follow jyn's footsteps into a cave but do not decide to look further. (I didnt want to deliver critic on the movie in this post, but after thinking about this, it kinda bothers me. Wouldn't they have turned Galen's home inside out to search for Jyn considering she's so important to Galen?)

- The front and back two wheels of the juggernaut/Clone Turbo Tank are smaller then the 3 in the middle. Also there's a door in the back.

- The landing gear of the U-wing doesn't fit inside it at all xD

- The interior bridge of a star destroyer has changed once again, and I still haven't figured out how it's supposed to look like. It seems it was totally insymmetric in Rogue One, and the extra controls in the back area have been left out. Also, the floor color/pattern has changed.

- The Imperial Star Destroyer models have been somehow altered so the universally accepted bridge fits in it now. It still isn't a perfect fit with the angles, and it looks like there's a bridge under it too now...

- I spotted the Ghost in even more shots now, it's all around.

- There seem to be no hangar doors in the Yavin temple now anymore.

- All temples on Yavin foor are differently designed, different shapes.

- The Imperial Officers on Jedha seem to wear trenchcoats similar to those that weared by the First Order

- The stick of Chirrut Imwe seems to be pretty powerfull, considering everytime he hits a stormtrooper white bits and parts of the helmet snap of xD

- The Hammerhead corvette in Rogue One has an extra engine compared to the one in Rebels

- Stormtroopers still cannot hit, Death Troopers can, unless you say that you're one with the force and the force is with you.

- The craft in which the Death troopers are delivered and that looks like a Tie Striker (which are supposed to be restricted to Scarif) does also appear on the trading outpost in the Ring of Kafrene

- Suddenly commander Melshi is dead. I don't know how, but they suddenly show a shot of him dead and then quickly zoom away or so.

- It seems the upperstructure on a Star Destroyer is infinitely less durable then the rest on the hull.

- Appearently, in the Star Wars universe, you can't fly at all with 3 out of 4 engines. That seems pretty weird, but is defendable. A normal airplane could fly with 2 out of 4 engines on earth. But yet, 3 times a single engine gets damaged and crashes the whole ship.

- The entire battle the Tantive IV is in the hangar of the Profundity. It seems kind of weird in the battle, but of course it's purpose becomes clear later.

- Actually, Darth Vader should have been able to stop the plans from escaping, as he could just have put his saber in the last door. Also, when they detach the Tantive IV, the shot after shows Darth Vader seeing it escape with stormtroopers directly following him (where did they come from? but a minor issue), but he's on some sort of platform that leaves me confused where the docking port of the Tantive could have been.

- In the mirror of the windscreen of the Tantive IV you can see Rebels piloting, dressed the same as those in Rebels with those glasses.

- When Krennic's shuttle departs from Eadu, the engines almost blow Jyn of the platform but the body of Galen is not affected at all.

That said, I really enjoyed watching the movie again :sweet:

Hello there. This is not strictly a LEGO question, although in my youth I tried to build the following ship with the limited range of bricks available at that time. I definitely would want to see a modern LEGO rendition of this, but I have not found any more info or pictures in the Internet.

Maybe one of you has more pictures or a name or really anything for this mysterious vessel, which did appear in a 1985 comic:

impvessel_zpsxmuroskb.jpg

Just by chance I found another - more modern - picture on Wookiepedia:

ZygerrianNoble-GAW_zpshwfjzyrm.jpg

I think i looks pretty cool.

...so any ideas anyone?

It's interesting that the vehicle has made an appearance that seems to be much more recent. The 'nose' of it is definitely akin to an Imperial landing craft or shuttle but it's definitely a walker of some kind.

There's no mention of it in the updated guide to vehicles and vessels. I'd guess that the person who drew it in 1985 just made it up based on imperials having various walkers and this was then picked up on much later by the newer artist.

I'd take a few minutes (or more) to browse through here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Imperial_vehicles and see if anything shows up.

Edited by Robianco

1 hour ago, DarthHank said:

It's the IF-120 landing craft. FYI, if you click on pictures on wookieepedia it will tell you what pages include that picture.

Aaahhh, perfect, that's it!!

Thank you very much, and for the Wookiepedia tip as well, I was so happy to find the picture I did not pay attention to the meta links.

So does anyone think Lego will make new blaster molds? Old ones are still good, but more movie accurate blaster would be great - maybe painted blaster handle and double molded black-white blasters for FO Stormtroopers. Any chance Lego will do this?

Edited by benderisgreat

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So does anyone think Lego will make new blaster molds? Old one are still good, but more movie accurate blaster would be great- maybe painted blaster handle are double molded black-white blasters for FO Stormtroopers. Any chance Lego will do this?

I've been kitting out my figures with more accurate blasters for a little while now. I'm not sure they'd go down the double moulded for things though... I know BrickArms charge £6.50 for one of their FO blasters as they're apparently hand injected. I can't see Lego going to that kind of trouble.

On 19/03/2017 at 10:26 PM, TWP said:

- The craft in which the Death troopers are delivered and that looks like a Tie Striker (which are supposed to be restricted to Scarif) does also appear on the trading outpost in the Ring of Kafrene

It's a TIE Reaper. Wasn't named in the Rogue One Visual Guide because they didn't pick a name until after that book went to print. Could be pretty sweet as a future set, or as a mod of the Striker set.

Hi, does anyone know when the 1st wave RO sets will retire? I'm hoping to pick up Krennic's Imperial Shuttle for the May 4th promotion. Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Ming_Mong said:

Hi, does anyone know when the 1st wave RO sets will retire? I'm hoping to pick up Krennic's Imperial Shuttle for the May 4th promotion. Thanks in advance.

You should be fine for that. I don't see that set being retired before the promo.

13 hours ago, Ming_Mong said:

It is typically 1-2 years before retirement. That is not a hard-and-fast rule, of course.

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Yeah unless it's Rebels you don't need to rush :wink:

That might be true to earlier Rebels set, but I find it more and more difficult to see the Rebels-related sets.

The only set I find abundant in my area is the Imperial Assault Carrier.

2 hours ago, makoy said:

That might be true to earlier Rebels set, but I find it more and more difficult to see the Rebels-related sets.

The only set I find abundant in my area is the Imperial Assault Carrier.

I think that is the point. If you want a Rebels set, you'd better rush or it will retire before you grab it. If it isn't Rebels, then you have plenty of time.

Okay, not specifically a star wars question, but I'm building a MOD of a Star Wars ship, and I can just upload the mock-up (no pun intended) from LDD to a brick link wanted list, I already have the origninal set and that's half the parts I need, and I can do it manually but that will take a while *huh* ,so my question is, is there is some way I can "filter out" the parts that are already in the original set that I'm modding from the wanted list? Thanks!

1 hour ago, IronFish said:

Okay, not specifically a star wars question, but I'm building a MOD of a Star Wars ship, and I can just upload the mock-up (no pun intended) from LDD to a brick link wanted list, I already have the origninal set and that's half the parts I need, and I can do it manually but that will take a while *huh* ,so my question is, is there is some way I can "filter out" the parts that are already in the original set that I'm modding from the wanted list? Thanks!

Don't know if there's an easy way to remove a "difference" comparison in BL wanted lists (I know how to do it in Photoshop, haha), you may get an answer elsewhere on the forum or on BL but what I would do is bring up both lists side-by-side and delete (or cross out if on paper) as appropriate. You can part out a "wanted list", it would be good to be able to part out a "have list" and have it do the comparison for you automatically!

If you have a wanted list (A) for the moc, and a wanted list (B) for the set, then when you look at all wanted lists lumped in together you can easily see the parts that appear multiple times, remove them as appropriate and then once that is done you can delete the list (B) for the real set (what's left of it). But again, that is all manual.