XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

On 17/2/2017 at 5:52 PM, FishW said:

First off Hello welcome to eurobricks! Welcome to the curse that is collecting :laugh:

I don't own the set, so I really can't speak on how good it is. If you aren't adverse to waiting then I'm 100% certain there will be a future Obi-Wan. In fact there is a rumour that there will be another Obi-Wan star fighter with hyper drive ring coming out by the end of this year(it is a rumour so take it at face value). Also Episode 1 and Episode 4 style Obi-wans are currently out. But the current set probably won't be around for much longer. It seems alright to me, if you really like the set then I'd say get it. If not you could wait a year or so when another Obi-Wan is out, and buy one of the bigger sets you mentioned now. It really depends on how strict of a budget you are on, and which movies you like better, thus being more inclined to collect vehicles from it. Looking at the box art I would agree the droid stick up to much, you could probably very easily mod this though. My one reason I've never bought a star fighter is the last several have only had 1 minifigure and a droid. I wish they would include another minifigure at least. Overall I'd say the set is decent. If you don't have any previous Obi-Wans then the set is a great addition, and the vehicle it's self is pretty iconic.

On 17/2/2017 at 9:35 PM, RogueTwo said:

Hi, welcome!  I have both the Jedi Interceptor and the U-Wing, but not the TIE Striker.  I like Obi-Wan ship quite a bit, but I personally think that the U-Wing is much more impressive and iconic for an additional 20 Euro (I live in the United States, but that price for the U-Wing seems really good based on currency conversion).  I guess it depends on how much you like the source material, like "FishW" said.  There is a pretty balanced review of 75135 on FBTB.net here:

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/03/31/review-75135-obi-wans-jedi-interceptor/ (I am not affiliated with the site, I just like the review, so I hope it is okay to post it).

If you are feeling in a Rogue One kind of mood, I would personally spring for one of the larger sets, but obviously it's a personal choice of preference and priorities.  I don't know whether you've checked out Bricklink, but I just looked, and there are three sellers in Italy selling that Obi-Wan figure for only about 5 Euro.  Seems pretty good to me.  No idea why I am doing all this research, I guess I just have nothing better to do.  :laugh:

On 17/2/2017 at 9:53 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Ehh… if you really want an Episode III Obi-wan with headset, you should get that set. Otherwise, like @FishW said, you can get an Episode I Obi-Wan and an Episode IV version, plus a rumored Episode II one, presumably with headset. If you don't really want that specific Obi-wan that much, I think you can pass on the set. The R4 sticks out way too much and can't be modded much lower using the pieces in the set (you have to have other specific pieces), plus the cockpit is a little bare inside, with no controls. The cannons were also changed from the 2014 version into less accurate ones. My advice: If you haven't already, get the U-wing for $20 more.

Thanks everyone for the replies and welcome messages! The review really helped and I decided not to buy the Jedi Interceptor for now. I started my Lego journey by buying Rey's Speeder and Carbon Freezing-Chamber because I didn't know how else I could use an Amazon coupon I got for my birthday. As a newbie I'm mostly excited by three things: 1) iconic minifigs 2) iconic scenes 3)iconic vehicles

I really like Rey, Boba Fett and Han Solo so I blindly went for those two sets on Amazon; I also got the recent Imperial Trooper Battle Pack while shopping in a general store cause I just couldn't live those nice Death/Stormtroopers on the shelves!

My current "budget plan" is getting just one medium sized ship and the going on with smaller sets until the TLJ wave arrives: as for the medium sized ship I can't decide among the U-Wing (50 euro in Italy), the Y-Wing (65 euro) and the two X-Wing from TFA (80 euro each).

The U-Wing for that price is really an awesome deal; I love Rogue one, watched it twice at the cinema, and I love the U-Wing in both the movie and the Battlefront DLC; still, there's something off in the design of the Lego version, it looks awesome with open wings but "odd" with closed wings; then again, it contains the two main characters minifigs which I really love, and sadly there's no Rogue One set in the summer wave so I'll probably end up buying the U-Wing anyway in the future. As I'm writing this I already feel the urge to open Amazon and buy it :laugh:

To those in the US, Amazon.com is having a lightning deal on the 75154 TIE Striker for $48.  Only two hours and fifty minutes (or thereabouts) left.  I wish I could afford it, but I just bought the Y-Wing.  Hopefully, someone will be able to take advantage of it.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@HarryHagaren Since it is cheaper than even the Y-wing, the U-wing wins hands down.

Just ordered the U-Wing, as I don't think it will ever get as cheap as it is now in Italy. I'll probably buy the Y-Wing later in the year.

Anyone knows if VIP points are affected on back order items? What I mean by this is, if I buy an item during a period where VIP points are doubled, but the item gets shipped after that period, do I still get double points?

I don't know for certain, but logic suggests (and sometimes law commands) that you get the current promotion when you place an order and commit to pay for it, and not when the item is sent out or the payment goes through.

The tricky part is that Lego registers your VIP points once the order is shipped. I plan getting a bunch of sets when double VIP kicks in march 6 and the Y-wing and A-wing are already on back order. 

If it is on S@H, and they don't award the double points, you can always email them afterwards to say that you didn't get the points when you should have. I did that last year during the triple points period (which was apparently only meant to be double points for us - triple everywhere else, but was advertised as triple) when I was mistakenly only given single points and no polybag, they then sent me the polybag and awarded bonus points.

Image may contain: text

Hello does any one know when this will be available in  the UK?

Sorry the pic is so blurry I had trouble shrinking it and I couldn't be bothered with flickr today.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I'm sure you all have seen that we're getting a dark blue first order officer in the upcoming battle pack? Can anyone with the TFA visual dictionary let me know whether or not these guys outrank the dark gray guys? It'd be annoying to have a larger proportion of the dark blue if they do. 

2 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Sorry if the pic is too big

I don't when, but it looks like the sort of things you'd get in a Lego Star Wars Magazine. I saw a Kansan minifigure in one a 2 weeks ago, so I don't know whether a new one has come out yet - might be worth asking your local newsagents to see if ones coming out.

9 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Sorry the pic is so blurry I had trouble shrinking it and I couldn't be bothered with flickr today.

It is indeed the "free gift" with next months copy of Lego Star Wars magazine. Release date is 8th March.

Current gift is a micro scale Ghost

19 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

It is indeed the "free gift" with next months copy of Lego Star Wars magazine. Release date is 8th March.

Current gift is a micro scale Ghost

interesting. How does one get the Lego Star Wars magazine in the first place?

On 2/14/2017 at 6:20 AM, ChiefPie said:

Yeah they were summer sets. Probably not desirable. Except for Ahsoka.

I am still taken aback by the speed with which those were retired. Particularly the set with Ahsoka. Is retirement slated for end of February or End of March? I am still tempted to get that frigate since every detail so far points to Rebels sets getting the short shrift time-wise with few rereleases of figures possible. 

8 hours ago, FishW said:

interesting. How does one get the Lego Star Wars magazine in the first place?

In th UK It's readily available at most places you would find magazines. It's totally kid centric and aimed at young children with short comic stories and colouring activities etc. After a bit of googling it appears it is produced by a U.K. Based publisher so it maybe it's not available in other countries.

48 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

After a bit of googling it appears it is produced by a U.K. Based publisher so it maybe it's not available in other countries.

Its available in other European countries (well at least Germany).

9 hours ago, jhaelego said:

I'm sure you all have seen that we're getting a dark blue first order officer in the upcoming battle pack? Can anyone with the TFA visual dictionary let me know whether or not these guys outrank the dark gray guys? It'd be annoying to have a larger proportion of the dark blue if they do. 

pretty sure that the teal  (dark blue in Lego) officers (like "colonel datoo") is supposed to be colonel.

6 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

In th UK It's readily available at most places you would find magazines. It's totally kid centric and aimed at young children with short comic stories and colouring activities etc. After a bit of googling it appears it is produced by a U.K. Based publisher so it maybe it's not available in other countries.

5 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Its available in other European countries (well at least Germany).

Ah I see, thank you for the help!

This is a slightly unrelated question from most....

I collected each of the Lego star wars "episode" posters that Lego released as freebies over the last year or two. However, I haven't see anything similar to it for Rogue One, even though I was hoping for one. Anyone know if it is headed our way? Will it be a May the 4th "extra" in addition to the usual minifigure? I looked back at last year and between April 30-May 4 you got the free first order stormtrooper with Lego SW order over $50, but then you also got the free FA poster with ANY Lego SW purchase. That's the last one we got, but the timing would be the same if this May the 4th came with a free RO poster...

Hoping we get the same this year so I can keep my collection complete... :classic:

Anyone have insight?

Edited by thorin

For promotions like the May the Fourth one, do you get the free minifigure even if you use giftcards to pay? I'm wondering whether I should save my gift cards.

2 hours ago, DarthHank said:

For promotions like the May the Fourth one, do you get the free minifigure even if you use giftcards to pay? I'm wondering whether I should save my gift cards.

Yes. You also earn VIP points on purchases with gift cards. 

On February 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM, jhaelego said:

I believe the guys with teal uniforms are colonels since there are 2 guys with the teal uniform that are both colonels in TFA. I would say they rank below the gray uniformed ones since I believe they are officers.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:40 PM, thorin said:

This is a slightly unrelated question from most....

I collected each of the Lego star wars "episode" posters that Lego released as freebies over the last year or two. However, I haven't see anything similar to it for Rogue One, even though I was hoping for one. Anyone know if it is headed our way? Will it be a May the 4th "extra" in addition to the usual minifigure? I looked back at last year and between April 30-May 4 you got the free first order stormtrooper with Lego SW order over $50, but then you also got the free FA poster with ANY Lego SW purchase. That's the last one we got, but the timing would be the same if this May the 4th came with a free RO poster...

Hoping we get the same this year so I can keep my collection complete... :classic:

Anyone have insight?

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get a Rogue One poster.  I could be wrong, but I don't think LEGO was anticipating the darkness of the movie; although fans love it (IMO, it's the best Star Wars movie ever), it didn't create nearly as much publicity as The Force Awakens.  There hasn't been any news of a LEGO Rogue One video game, for example.  Also, we now know that there will be no Rogue One sets this summer, unless they're retailer exclusives, which seems highly unlikely.  That's actually my bigger concern: that LEGO will shy away from Rogue One in favor of the myriad other Star Wars stories, and we might never get sets such as the AT-ACT, the Cargo Shuttle, or Saw Gerrera's catacomb hideout.

That being said, it wouldn't be that much of an investment to create an exclusive poster for May the Fourth, so I guess we'll find out in a month or so.  I hope for you that they will keep the poster collection complete.  :classic: