XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Okay, here's another Hoth related question.  :classic:

Has there been any word on what minifigures (if any) will be included with the UCS Snowspeeder?  I suppose we'll probably find out this weekend from the New York Toy Fair, anyway, but I was just curious.  I would imagine that it will be Luke and Dak with arm printing and updated helmet prints (Dak's has been the same since 1999!!), but who knows.

17 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Okay, here's another Hoth related question.  :classic:

Has there been any word on what minifigures (if any) will be included with the UCS Snowspeeder?  I suppose we'll probably find out this weekend from the New York Toy Fair, anyway, but I was just curious.  I would imagine that it will be Luke and Dak with arm printing and updated helmet prints (Dak's has been the same since 1999!!), but who knows.

We don't know who will be included yet.

Guess the 2016 thread is gone...  so here goes: 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate is now "retiring soon" on Canadian and American S@H. As is the Homing Spider Droid and Kanan's Speeder Bike.

Just now, darththeling said:

Guess the 2016 thread is gone...  so here goes: 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate is now "retiring soon" on Canadian and American S@H. As is the Homing Spider Droid and Kanan's Speeder Bike.

It's not gone, it's unpinned. But thanks for the update, I'm guessing those sets did not sell well. Weren't they summer sets? That seems really really quick.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It's not gone, it's unpinned. But thanks for the update, I'm guessing those sets did not sell well. Weren't they summer sets? That seems really really quick.

Yeah they were summer sets. Probably not desirable. Except for Ahsoka.

I have a question about the braided hairpiece used on the most recent Hoth Leia minifig.  I didn't have one of these in my collection, so I bought the keychain version and melted the metal post out.  It left a pretty big hole in the hair piece, which I planned to replace with an order I was placing on Bricks and Pieces.  When I got my order, I was surprised to discover that the replacement also had a hole, albeit smaller and cleaner than the keychain.  I was wondering if anybody could confirm if this is how this piece is manufactured?  I can't think of any other hair/wig pieces that have holes in them.

11 minutes ago, Bley Harvest said:

I have a question about the braided hairpiece used on the most recent Hoth Leia minifig.  I didn't have one of these in my collection, so I bought the keychain version and melted the metal post out.  It left a pretty big hole in the hair piece, which I planned to replace with an order I was placing on Bricks and Pieces.  When I got my order, I was surprised to discover that the replacement also had a hole, albeit smaller and cleaner than the keychain.  I was wondering if anybody could confirm if this is how this piece is manufactured?  I can't think of any other hair/wig pieces that have holes in them.

They all have them. I think it's due to it being used as a Queen hairpiece with the hole to connect a crown or tiara piece to.

Every one of those I've ever had in a set has had that hole.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

They all have them. I think it's due to it being used as a Queen hairpiece with the hole to connect a crown or tiara piece to.

Every one of those I've ever had in a set has had that hole.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks for confirming!

4 hours ago, Bley Harvest said:

It was originally used as a Queen hairpiece, it needed to hold the crown.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBubteeHShPOESH81xxPXlatest?cb=20140118023018

Fortunately I got the queen first so I wasn't confused by the hole in Leia's hair :grin:

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

That's so you can add a headphone/earmuff piece for your Spaceballs diorama

I actually tried that before. Unfortunately it doesn't fit :sad:

I've realized there's one ship i'm missing from my collection, and I really want, and that's an LAAT. I've been looking at an 75021, be it bricklinking parts or getting new in box. If I were to get it new in box, what would be a good price to pay for one?

*Edit* Nevermind, just got one for retail price

Edited by IronFish

Anyone knows if SW short blaster (BL no:  58247) from older sets as "Lego" wording on it?

I received some parts from BL order that looks exactly the same as the 58247 bricklink photo, which without "Lego" wording, and only has "C" wording on it.  It is genuine Lego parts?  As far as I know, all SW blasters from recent sets are with "Lego" wording.

Similar question to part SW long blaster 57899, is it genuine Lego parts if without "Lego" wording just like the bricklink photo?  

Edited by blackman88

12 hours ago, blackman88 said:

Anyone knows if SW short blaster (BL no:  58247) from older sets as "Lego" wording on it?

I received some parts from BL order that looks exactly the same as the 58247 bricklink photo, which without "Lego" wording, and only has "C" wording on it.  It is genuine Lego parts?  As far as I know, all SW blasters from recent sets are with "Lego" wording.

Similar question to part SW long blaster 57899, is it genuine Lego parts if without "Lego" wording just like the bricklink photo?  

Pictures please?

I definitely have older instances of both of those parts without the word Lego on them. They just have a copyright "©" on the left side of the trigger, and a number on the left.

6 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

Pictures please?

The pictures are in the Bricklink. Part 58247 and 57889

3 hours ago, Commander_Rob said:

I definitely have older instances of both of those parts without the word Lego on them. They just have a copyright "©" on the left side of the trigger, and a number on the left.

I am quite firm that I have  "©" on the trigger like photo in bricklink, so, should be genuine Lego part.  Thanks for the info..  

On 2/14/2017 at 9:07 PM, IronFish said:

I've realized there's one ship i'm missing from my collection, and I really want, and that's an LAAT. I've been looking at an 75021, be it bricklinking parts or getting new in box. If I were to get it new in box, what would be a good price to pay for one?

*Edit* Nevermind, just got one for retail price

What sort of sorcery did you use to pull that off? 

9 hours ago, jdm44 said:

What sort of sorcery did you use to pull that off? 

I guess I just go lucky, and got one off BrickLink (Wanted list + email notifications). The guy had two for that price, and the first one sold within minutes of him posting it. I'm guessing the box is probably in really bad shape or something.

*Edit* realizeing now that maybe it was too good of a deal, but I payed with PayPal, so we'll see.

Edited by IronFish

On 2/13/2017 at 11:00 AM, JPN366 said:

Everything comes out February 17th except the Y-Wing, which comes out March 1st.  Not sure why.

Looks like they bumped the Y-Wing up to February 17th.

When does the May 4th minifig usually get shown? I'm trying to decide if I should buy some of the sets now or wait till the special event in order to get the minifig.

43 minutes ago, FishW said:

When does the May 4th minifig usually get shown? I'm trying to decide if I should buy some of the sets now or wait till the special event in order to get the minifig.

Based on 2016's brickset forum discussion, it was leaked in around March.

Hello, I'm kinda new to the Lego Star Wars world; I've been visiting local toy stores/general stores/malls to check eventual sales or retired products.

The only retired product (at least from the official Lego Shop) I found was Obi-wan's Jedi Interceptor (75135) at its italian RRP of € 29.99.

The ship looks cool to me, and I don't have an Obi-Wan minifig yet, but the thing that keeps me from getting it so far is the price. On the italian Amazon I could get the more recent Tie Striker and the U-Wing for 45 and 50 euro respectively.

The things that makes me want it are the fact that I'll probably won't see it anymore on the shelves soon, and that I like Obi-Wan.

So, what's the general opinion about this set? I've only read some complaints about the R4 minifig sticking out too much from the ship.

41 minutes ago, HarryHagaren said:

So, what's the general opinion about this set? I've only read some complaints about the R4 minifig sticking out too much from the ship.

First off Hello welcome to eurobricks! Welcome to the curse that is collecting :laugh:

I don't own the set, so I really can't speak on how good it is. If you aren't adverse to waiting then I'm 100% certain there will be a future Obi-Wan. In fact there is a rumour that there will be another Obi-Wan star fighter with hyper drive ring coming out by the end of this year(it is a rumour so take it at face value). Also Episode 1 and Episode 4 style Obi-wans are currently out. But the current set probably won't be around for much longer. It seems alright to me, if you really like the set then I'd say get it. If not you could wait a year or so when another Obi-Wan is out, and buy one of the bigger sets you mentioned now. It really depends on how strict of a budget you are on, and which movies you like better, thus being more inclined to collect vehicles from it. Looking at the box art I would agree the droid stick up to much, you could probably very easily mod this though. My one reason I've never bought a star fighter is the last several have only had 1 minifigure and a droid. I wish they would include another minifigure at least. Overall I'd say the set is decent. If you don't have any previous Obi-Wans then the set is a great addition, and the vehicle it's self is pretty iconic.

Edited by FishW

4 hours ago, HarryHagaren said:

Hello, I'm kinda new to the Lego Star Wars world; I've been visiting local toy stores/general stores/malls to check eventual sales or retired products.

The only retired product (at least from the official Lego Shop) I found was Obi-wan's Jedi Interceptor (75135) at its italian RRP of € 29.99.

The ship looks cool to me, and I don't have an Obi-Wan minifig yet, but the thing that keeps me from getting it so far is the price. On the italian Amazon I could get the more recent Tie Striker and the U-Wing for 45 and 50 euro respectively.

The things that makes me want it are the fact that I'll probably won't see it anymore on the shelves soon, and that I like Obi-Wan.

Hi, welcome!  I have both the Jedi Interceptor and the U-Wing, but not the TIE Striker.  I like Obi-Wan ship quite a bit, but I personally think that the U-Wing is much more impressive and iconic for an additional 20 Euro (I live in the United States, but that price for the U-Wing seems really good based on currency conversion).  I guess it depends on how much you like the source material, like "FishW" said.  There is a pretty balanced review of 75135 on FBTB.net here:

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/03/31/review-75135-obi-wans-jedi-interceptor/ (I am not affiliated with the site, I just like the review, so I hope it is okay to post it).

If you are feeling in a Rogue One kind of mood, I would personally spring for one of the larger sets, but obviously it's a personal choice of preference and priorities.  I don't know whether you've checked out Bricklink, but I just looked, and there are three sellers in Italy selling that Obi-Wan figure for only about 5 Euro.  Seems pretty good to me.  No idea why I am doing all this research, I guess I just have nothing better to do.  :laugh:

4 hours ago, HarryHagaren said:

Ehh… if you really want an Episode III Obi-wan with headset, you should get that set. Otherwise, like @FishW said, you can get an Episode I Obi-Wan and an Episode IV version, plus a rumored Episode II one, presumably with headset. If you don't really want that specific Obi-wan that much, I think you can pass on the set. The R4 sticks out way too much and can't be modded much lower using the pieces in the set (you have to have other specific pieces), plus the cockpit is a little bare inside, with no controls. The cannons were also changed from the 2014 version into less accurate ones. My advice: If you haven't already, get the U-wing for $20 more.