XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

11 hours ago, atlas said:

It's a real problem because the uniform is that of a grand admiral, but the insignia is just an admiral. If he really was "admiral thrawn", he would presumably use the same or slightly updated to current style Piett torso.

You and I have very different "problems" :classic:

*Rant Alert*

Btw am I the only one slightly tired of this Thrawn-gate thingy? Yes, they designed it incorrectly, we all know what the reason is, (even I, although I really wasn't interested in the first place) it is done, so what's the point of contemplating every single day? 

Is there anything you can do about it? Will something change if someone asks the same question and someone else explains it again and again? I don't think so. 

I mean, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out on you personally, and I'm usually good at keeping these rants to myself, but it seems to me all these discussion topics are about this particular f*up ever since the set was first leaked.

*Rant over*

20 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

WHAT?! No, this has never happened to me before. *oh2*

You'd best contact customer service :classic:

So I contacted them and they are sending me out replacement minifigures. 

Cracking customer service from Lego! 

1 minute ago, Super Hans said:

So I contacted them and they are sending me out replacement minifigures. 

Cracking customer service from Lego! 

Yay!

I guess somewhere in the world someone got 2 of each figure ;)

Should I get Desert Skiff or The Phantom for $69.99 each?

Edited by VaderFan2187

I think someone bought the set, carefully removed the seals, stole the minifigures and then returned the set to store. 

I wouldn't buy either of those sets until they are heavily discounted. 

Just now, Super Hans said:

I think someone bought the set, carefully removed the seals, stole the minifigures and then returned the set to store.

Wow. But I thought you said the bags weren't broken?

I wouldn't buy either of those sets until they are heavily discounted. 

I'm assuming they found a way to get into them and re seal them. 

It's these type of things that make me worried when I buy LEGO from retailers. I once saw a broken box Carbon Freezing Chamber... maybe someone took out one of the bags to get the Ugnaught.

15 hours ago, brobert said:

You and I have very different "problems" :classic:

*Rant Alert*

Btw am I the only one slightly tired of this Thrawn-gate thingy? Yes, they designed it incorrectly, we all know what the reason is, (even I, although I really wasn't interested in the first place) it is done, so what's the point of contemplating every single day? 

Is there anything you can do about it? Will something change if someone asks the same question and someone else explains it again and again? I don't think so. 

I mean, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out on you personally, and I'm usually good at keeping these rants to myself, but it seems to me all these discussion topics are about this particular f*up ever since the set was first leaked.

*Rant over*

It's not really a big issue for me. "Real problem", you're right, probably not. I don't see what's wrong with critique, and I don't think about it every day. I'm well aware of the situation and the reason why it's like that.

22 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Should I get Desert Skiff or The Phantom for $69.99 each?

Why would you pay that much? Just be patient and wait for them to be released in your home country the Death Star. I'm going to wait for a 30% off or more discount. 

1 hour ago, jdm44 said:

Why would you pay that much? Just be patient and wait for them to be released in your home country the Death Star. I'm going to wait for a 30% off or more discount. 

Because sets here cost twice as much as in US… but the difference in value of the currency isn't that big :hmpf_bad:

But are you sure big sets like 75159 will get such big discounts? *oh2*

Is the set 75058 MTT worth buying? I don't have a MTT in my collection yet. The 2007 version looks also a lot better but costs almost triple the price so I'm not really considering that one :l Anyone who get the 2014 set (or not) and what's your thought on it?

8 minutes ago, tom20arc said:

Is the set 75058 MTT worth buying? I don't have a MTT in my collection yet. The 2007 version looks also a lot better but costs almost triple the price so I'm not really considering that one :l Anyone who get the 2014 set (or not) and what's your thought on it?

If you are okay with un-rare minifigures, some strange play features (like that STAP), and the smaller size (and thus lack of space for droids), it should be okay.

If you want to get a "Everything Wrong with 75058", you should read this review. :classic:

39 minutes ago, tom20arc said:

I have it and it's a nice alternative to the extremely overpriced 2007 model. It's extremely easy to mod the gaps in it, if you're worried about those.

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:
9 hours ago, jdm44 said:

But are you sure big sets like 75159 will get such big discounts? *oh2*

He's not talking about the DS set, he means you should get a discount when the sets are released in your home country called "Death Star", which is what you have put on your profile.

I have neither MTT, but if the old one was available at a reasonable price I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. For me, the whole point of the MTT is that it's a giant troop transport - yet the latest one actually holds fewer droids than the ~$30 droid carrier, I believe. How does that make sense?

I actually have the old MTT. From what I remember it was a cool set. Right now it is mixed in a box with all the brown pieces from the old Jabba's Barge. I considered one day digging it out and trying rebuild it with all the pieces, but who knows where they are all lol. Anyhow the new one looks to be decent. I wish the droid rack was larger than the other one, I don't own it though. 

Edited by FishW

1 hour ago, Artanis I said:

He's not talking about the DS set, he means you should get a discount when the sets are released in your home country called "Death Star", which is what you have put on your profile.

Silly me... again. :ugh:

Just now, FishW said:

I actually have the old MTT actually. From what I remember it was a cool sets. Right now it is mixed in a box with all the brown pieces from the old Jabba's Barge. It considered one day digging it out and trying rebuild it with all the pieces. Anyhow the new one looks to be decent. I wish the droid rack was larger than the other one, I don't own it though. 

Yeah, the droid rack is disappointingly small.

@VaderFan2187 looks like setting your Country to DS can be confusing, especially when you're discussing the set on the same name :D

1 hour ago, brobert said:

@VaderFan2187 looks like setting your Country to DS can be confusing, especially when you're discussing the set on the same name :D

:wacko: silly old me gets confused sometimes... guess I maybe should change that :wink:

Question for you gurus :D

I'm looking at grabbing a sail barge but looking at both, the first 2006 set looks fantastic, but the figs are abit so so, the later more modern set, the barge with the cannon in the front just looks wrong :/ but the figs are awesome. what did many of you guys do in the end? or what did you prefer ?

4 hours ago, H3ssian said:

I'm looking at grabbing a sail barge but looking at both, the first 2006 set looks fantastic, but the figs are abit so so, the later more modern set, the barge with the cannon in the front just looks wrong :/ but the figs are awesome. what did many of you guys do in the end? or what did you prefer ?

I prefer the 2013 one. Arguably I don't really like older sets, but the figures in the new one are great and the barge is actually more accurate in the 2013 one. But they're both great (since the 2006 one actually has a skiff), so it's more up to your personal preference.

I own the 2014 MTT and I like it, obviously like everyone else, the droid rack is smaller and does not hold many droids which is the only complaint I have for it.

10 hours ago, H3ssian said:

I've had the 2006 version for awhile, as I mentioned in a post up above it is sitting in a box mixed with the MTT which is very unfortunate since they are both mostly brown pieces :laugh:

It is a good set, it has some nice accessories. The minifigs are of course outdated. If you like updated minifigs I'd go with the newer one. The minifigs in the new one are a lot more accurate, except for Max Rebo according to what his design in the movie was (and possibly some canon, still unsure), but overall it is cool. If you purchase either you'd be paying more than what they retailed for. I'm not up on the current prices but is imagine the 2006 one will coat you more, most likely a lot more, than the newer one. I'd probably recommend buying the newer one just due to updated stuff and price, and then buying the skiff that is out/coming out. If you want more than maybe spring and buy the old skiff and get the guard lando, luke, another jabba henchmen, and of course another Boba, though again I'm sure that is more expensive then what it retailed for. I feel like as far as the build goes the old one isn't really that bad. I really like the gun on the top. On the new one it looks to open up a lot more, but I'm not sure how it effects stability. The newer one arguably has a more 'crisp' look on the inside. Just some of my thoughts. Good luck deciding!

Edited by FishW

Hey thanks for the tips lads, its a rather iconic set I cant believe it has taken me this long to try and snuffle one to be honest