XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:25 AM, jmontero said:

hey! everyone, it has been a while since I bought my last lego set.... I love the Star wars lego sets, and I was thinking about buying a couple of them for Christmas!

Which ones do you recommend, I have my eye on the following:

Krennic's imperial shuttle

U-wing

Assault hovertank

At-ST

Kylo Ren Shuttle

Tydirium shuttle

Rebel Combat Frigate

I would love to buy them all, but unfortunately I do not have the money or the space to dedicate to Legos.

My main thought was to get the hovertank and the U-wing.

I'd say that the Shuttle Tydirium is my favorite of the ones listed. Also note that it is the oldest set of the ones you listed... So you may be smart to grab that one asap. The others you have more time to debate about... Especially the RO sets.

Yep, I would recommend to read a review or two of the Tydirium, it's outstanding, easily modifiable and has good minifigs selection.
U-wing looks solid as much as AT-ST (the latter is also very open to modifications). Krennic looks good, Kylo not that much (and then there is the wings error).

The only pitch of the RCF for me is Ahsoka.

13 hours ago, thorin said:

I'd say that the Shuttle Tydirium is my favorite of the ones listed. Also note that it is the oldest set of the ones you listed... So you may be smart to grab that one asap. The others you have more time to debate about... Especially the RO sets.

Maybe I'm bias because Tydrium is the first major set  I've picked up in years, and to be fair I don't own the other sets on that list, but I'd definitely choose it over all the other ones. When it comes to lego/SW vehicles in general I'm usually much more interested in prequel/TCW stuff over OT stuff, so it was kind of hard to choose between that and the Turbo Tank, but I chose Tydirium because it was the older set I'm glad I got it in the end. Iconic ship, great to build, looks fantastic in both flight and landed mode, and hugely versatile in what figs you can choose to put in it(The provided minifigs which are already great, Vader and Luke, the Emperor and his guards, or my personal favourite, just normal outfit of Stormtroopers). Who knows when we'll see it again and this might end up being the best version of it anyway, not a whole lot to be improved upon.

Hi,

I bought some lego from ebay, and Im not sure if it´s gunuine lego. I compared with my lego and every piece of my lego has logo ©LEGO. But this one which I bought, some has this logo and some hasn´t.

On the Blasters I can see just © symbol . On my blasters is normal logo LEGO and some numbers from odther side. Is that just old piece of lego or copyright/fake.

Also torso of the Droids, some of them has the Mark © LEGO written + some numbers, and some of them has just © and nothing more. 

The same with Droids Head. On mine lego there is ©LEGO and from other side numbers, on the "new one" head there is nothing.
All these pieces with just ©, it´s just old pieces of lego or is fake or what ? 

Edited by unli

I recently bought the Resistance X-Wing and I love it!

However I think the wings could be a little better and I remember reading some posts of MODs but I'm having trouble finding it.

Can anyone help me out? I'm at school so preferably one using only the pieces from the set would be great!

I never did a parts list so I don't know what else is needed but I did MOD the wings, link in my sig

On 11/25/2016 at 10:22 AM, unli said:

Hi,

I bought some lego from ebay, and Im not sure if it´s gunuine lego. I compared with my lego and every piece of my lego has logo ©LEGO. But this one which I bought, some has this logo and some hasn´t.

On the Blasters I can see just © symbol . On my blasters is normal logo LEGO and some numbers from odther side. Is that just old piece of lego or copyright/fake.

Also torso of the Droids, some of them has the Mark © LEGO written + some numbers, and some of them has just © and nothing more. 

The same with Droids Head. On mine lego there is ©LEGO and from other side numbers, on the "new one" head there is nothing.
All these pieces with just ©, it´s just old pieces of lego or is fake or what ? 

I'm not too sure, but it sounds like it's fake...

Also, does anyone know if the A-wing's flaps can turn in Vader's TIE vs A-wing?

I'm just now getting into the SW theme....after years and years of saying I never would. So far, I've picked up Ewok Village and the Sandcrawler (thank you Black Friday deals).

Anyways, I'm looking for some recommendations on Lego SW reference books. Primary for minifigs.

Thoughts?

Edited by eliminator

3 hours ago, usbdevice said:

:thumbup: got it thanks. Are they supposed to go vertical like the old sets or are those inaccurate?

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

I'm just now getting into the SW theme....after years and years of saying I never would. So far, I've picked up Ewok Village and the Sandcrawler (thank you Black Friday deals).

Anyways, I'm looking for some recommendations on Lego SW reference books. Primary for minifigs.

Thoughts?

Get the 2015 minifig star wars reference book with the white Boba Fett maybe?

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Thoughts?

There's only two options that I know of for reference books. LSW Visual Dictionary and LSW Character Encyclopedia. The Visual Dictionary is a great book but it was published in 2014 so it's not up to date. I would still recommend it if you're interested in collecting sets and minifigures from 2014 and older. I looked at the Character Encyclopedia at B&N and wasn't a fan of the format. I like how the Visual Dictionary lists all of the minigures with pictures on about 10 pages. 

19 hours ago, jdm44 said:

There's only two options that I know of for reference books. LSW Visual Dictionary and LSW Character Encyclopedia. The Visual Dictionary is a great book but it was published in 2014 so it's not up to date. I would still recommend it if you're interested in collecting sets and minifigures from 2014 and older. I looked at the Character Encyclopedia at B&N and wasn't a fan of the format. I like how the Visual Dictionary lists all of the minigures with pictures on about 10 pages. 

Yeah, I have both books. However, he said he liked minifigs, so a more up-to-date one may be better for him.

Why'd the 2017 thread get locked? I assume it was deemed off-topic, but I don't think it's been made very clear. How can we know what we did wrong if it's just silently locked without explanation? I feel like if we had a crystal-clear definition of the scope of the thread it might be a bit easier, but the previous explanations are a bit open to interpretation (I guess "only constructive comments on the new sets" means different things to different people).

I don't know what to do without my daily fix of 2017 news! :grin:

Why not create 2 threads? One for the news and the other for discussing it? How about Lego Starswars 2017 news, and another one for 2017 discussion? Threads like those are shut down every month because I assume mods are getting complaints from people that don't want to read and search through people's reaction, which is fair, then shut the discussion and time off people, which doesn't solve much. 

If you want a news thread, pin one down, restrict  post access to mods that receive the information to post it and get done with it. 

32 minutes ago, DarthHank said:

Why'd the 2017 thread get locked? I assume it was deemed off-topic, but I don't think it's been made very clear. How can we know what we did wrong if it's just silently locked without explanation? I feel like if we had a crystal-clear definition of the scope of the thread it might be a bit easier, but the previous explanations are a bit open to interpretation (I guess "only constructive comments on the new sets" means different things to different people).

I don't know what to do without my daily fix of 2017 news! :grin:

People were bashing lego for what they did. Now the mods said it was alright to say what you don't like about the set. They gave a warning and everyone seemed to stop untill someone came on and bashed lego again and then people tried to stop the complaining but the thread was locked anyway because everyone was off topic anyway.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:12 AM, eliminator said:

Thoughts?

For someone new to SW, you started with a big bang. Those 2 sets are great. As for the books, I will recommend LEGO Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia with free white prototype armour Boba fett minifigure because it's the most up-to-date version available now and Boba Fett in white armour is just too awesome.

Thanks for the book recommendations. I will probably pick up both the 2015 Character Encyclopedia and the 2014 Visual Dictionary. My local Costco has both these books at significantly reduced prices. My thinking is that it will probably be a few years before these books are updated. I don't think they will ever be able to be "current" with the amount of sets being constantly released.

51 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Oh well. We all know how the mods love to be secretive about these matters.

Ok, please stop complaining about the mods.

Like it or not... they control the forum. So it may be a bit risky to repeatedly complain about them.

Just sayin'. Not trying to be rude or anything.

On 12/4/2016 at 3:27 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

:thumbup: got it thanks. Are they [the A-wing's flaps] supposed to go vertical like the old sets or are those inaccurate?

Could someone help answer this please? Thanks :)

Edited by VaderFan2187

29 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ok, please stop complaining about the mods.

Like it or not... they control the forum. So it may be a bit risky to repeatedly complain about them.

Just sayin'. Not trying to be rude or anything.

Could someone help answer this please? Thanks :)

Rebels a-wing fins are tilted and so is RotJ a-wing fins have a little tilt so the new one is definitely more accurate then the old ones.

Just now, ChiefPie said:

Rebels a-wing fins are tilted and so is RotJ a-wing fins have a little tilt so the new one is definitely more accurate then the old ones.

Alright, thanks :) 

The old ones were too chunky anyway.

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Alright, thanks :) 

The old ones were too chunky anyway.

They were chunky :grin:

They are tilted, just check out this glorious screencap from sw.com:

open-uri20150608-27674-urt3m8_2202753d.j

But I am not sure if they should move. I can't remember now how it is in Battlefront, that is pretty accurate since they modeled everything after the actual studio models. 

The ones in the Rebels set moved if I remember correctly, and it looks like these move too.