XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

On 22/10/2016 at 10:15 AM, Richpepperell said:

Can't believe the sandcrawler and ewok village have both gone 'retiring soon' together - can only feasibly get one! Both brilliant for display, both great minifigures. Decisions decisions!

That's a really tough one. The thing is, both these sets are great for adding on to existing collections. I'd say if you have a big Endor collection, with the bunker, AT-ST, Lambda Shuttle etc. Then go for the village, but if you have a big Tatooine collection, Cantina, Landspeeder, skyhopper etc. Then go for the Sandcrawler. 

On the individual pages on both the UK and US site there's no mention of them retiring but the listing pages for the Exclusive and Hard to Find items does seem different depending on the region. UK has them as Retiring Soon whereas the US just lists them as Hard to Find.

Australia has them as Retiring Soon also while Canada lists them as Hard to Find. Mainland Europe specific regions also have it as Retiring Soon. Maybe North America has a few more in stock but I'd guess the retirement date would be pretty well aligned?

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

On the individual pages on both the UK and US site there's no mention of them retiring but the listing pages for the Exclusive and Hard to Find items does seem different depending on the region. UK has them as Retiring Soon whereas the US just lists them as Hard to Find.

Australia has them as Retiring Soon also while Canada lists them as Hard to Find. Mainland Europe specific regions also have it as Retiring Soon. Maybe North America has a few more in stock but I'd guess the retirement date would be pretty well aligned?

I think it's safe to say they will both be available at least until December 31st.  I'd say after that, it's just a matter of time.

17 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

You cant get the Awing pilot till the 27th. Its marked as do not sell. 

Yeah, the TRU catalog says the sale prices don't begin until the 27th, so I guess that corresponds with the promo items.  I ordered one for $12 from eBay the day before I got the catalog in the mail.  I might go up to TRU this weekend and see if I can buy a few more.

31 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Can anyone confirm that there's a current deal at TRU UK for a free FO general polybag? Seen it mentioned on fb but not on the TRU website. 

With the A-Wing Pilot being available in the UK I'm really hoping the FO General makes an appearance like that so I'm definitely interested to find out how true.

They are listed on the site available at £4.99 each or free with spend of £15 on SW Lego but it's only available in store and when you check stock it's listed as 'out of stock' everywhere. I just called my nearest TRU and they're not sure if they'll come in with a delivery tomorrow but they're not aware of any specific promotion for it.

Edited by Robianco

its correct that the Sandcrawler & Ewok Village will be retiring. Its also on the Czech republic and Östereich page.

Sandcrawler or Ewok Village, Sandcrawler or Ewok Village, aaaah!

Well I can't get either lol  :grin:

Edited by VaderFan2187

Hi all!

I love star wars uglies, and would like to see some of y'all's creations!

I personally don't have one myself, mods, is that allowed? 

If it is, I look forward to see all of your awesome creations! :classic:

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Sandcrawler or Ewok Village, Sandcrawler or Ewok Village, aaaah!

Well I can't get either lol  :grin:

Ewok village for sure if you can get one of them :tongue:

I'm currently deciding wether to buy Slave I, UCS Tie Fighter, Attack on Hoth or the Sandcrawler. Difficult decision.. :grin:

2 hours ago, tom20arc said:

I'm currently deciding wether to buy Slave I, UCS Tie Fighter, Attack on Hoth or the Sandcrawler. Difficult decision.. :grin:

No it's not. Slave 1.

On 24/10/2016 at 4:47 PM, Richpepperell said:

Can anyone confirm that there's a current deal at TRU UK for a free FO general polybag? Seen it mentioned on fb but not on the TRU website. 

A lil late I'm sure but the TRU website now shows FO general polybag as being free with a spend of £15+ or to buy for £4.99.

Happened to be in store today and asked and they had no stock nor did they know about the promo.

6 hours ago, tom20arc said:

DEFINITELY NOT the Insult on Hoth. :classic: Sandcrawler is nice and so is Slave I. TIE Fighter seems a bit lacking to me... :classic:

Saving up for the controversial 75159, no price hike where I live ($899.99) :laugh:

12 hours ago, tom20arc said:

My opinion...

To build and display, Slave I.

To build and then part out to use for something else...and as long as you use VIP points next month, Sandcrawler or Hoth.

Sandcrawler is good, but Slave I looks better. Hoth just had so many useful parts for me, white brick and fleshies...

Couldnt see a need to get the TIE. I tried, but after seeing it built, I actually preferred the one from Ep. 7.

9 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

A lil late I'm sure but the TRU website now shows FO general polybag as being free with a spend of £15+ or to buy for £4.99.

Happened to be in store today and asked and they had no stock nor did they know about the promo.

I popped into my local TRU (Exeter) yesterday and there was no sign of the offer. When I asked though, the assistant produced the shelf signage from under the counter and said they had 100 in stock. They should be on shelves today. 

Also received email from TRU last night advertising the offer. 

Thanks for the heads up. I've just ordered one too. Might pop into a store tomorrow and see if I can pick one up from there also. It's quite a versatile torso design.

4 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Yup grabbed my FO General online just from TRU UK online.

I've seen on one of the forum posts mention of a free A wing pilot poly bag (can't remember which shop) . Does anyone know much about this/where it's being done if so? 

2 hours ago, Ed9217 said:

I've seen on one of the forum posts mention of a free A wing pilot poly bag (can't remember which shop) . Does anyone know much about this/where it's being done if so? 

It's going to be from S@H in December. I've jus managed to get one on a trade - it's a great minifigure. 

11 hours ago, Ed9217 said:

US TRU starting this thursday apparently. 

Edited by KevinMD
Wrong day

11 hours ago, KevinMD said:

US TRU starting this thursday apparently. 

In store only, while supplies last!

I'm going tonight!

*EDIT*

Walked in tonight to my local TRU (Chicagoland Suburbs), picked up another AT-ST for Rogue One and was able to get a pilot!