XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Can anyone tell me the real size of TIE STRIKER? its so long in lego form, comparing it to the official tie interceptor lego set, it is twice as long!

1 hour ago, irispen said:

Can anyone tell me the real size of TIE STRIKER? its so long in lego form, comparing it to the official tie interceptor lego set, it is twice as long!

Good question. Unfortunately we don't know much about the Striker yet. The only info we have to go on is this leaked image from the upcoming Rogue One Visual Guide, and even that doesn't tell us much. ThereĀ  are some number values included, but I'm not sure what the "cr" stands for. Maybe it's the cost of those components in credits?:def_shrug: I hope this helps.

If had to guess, I'd say it's roughly the same length as the TIE Interceptor. None of the Interceptors Lego has produced are in scale with modern TIEs.

rogue-one-tie-striker.jpg

2 hours ago, faire said:

Thinking about that... won't Strikers have problems with working through the night-time? :)

I love the fact the TIE is a round flying spacecraft that fires lasers and has pointy wings but we worry about practical stuff like night flight safety. I could hazard a guess that the viewport would have some enhanced nightvision enabled to give the pilot a clear view of the flight path as well as having various scanners and detectors.

I think it was more a question of a ship that's essenially solar powered being as much use as a chocolate fire guard at night!

3 hours ago, Flandy said:

I think it was more a question of a ship that's essenially solar powered being as much use as a chocolate fire guard at night!

Ha. I see what you mean. I have a watch that can keep powered for many many hours even on the slightest bit of daylight though... and in the UK we're not always blessed with blue skies. I'm sure a ship that can be involved in various dogfights in deep space when also powered by solar panels on the wings can regulate it's power enough on a planet's surface to get it through the odd mission.

Funny. Lighting in space is hardly any different at night time from day... and all those stars, surely you could get a little bit of solar power from them.

For me, the weirdest thing about TIEs is that they go "YEEEEEEEEEOOOOORRRRRR frap frap frap BOOOM" in a space vacuum

8 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Do we even know if TIEs are still solar powered?Ā 

According to that image 4 posts before yours...

On 20-10-2016 at 9:29 AM, Oky said:

Good question. Unfortunately we don't know much about the Striker yet. The only info we have to go on is this leaked image from the upcoming Rogue One Visual Guide, and even that doesn't tell us much. ThereĀ  are some number values included, but I'm not sure what the "cr" stands for. Maybe it's the cost of those components in credits?:def_shrug: I hope this helps.

If had to guess, I'd say it's roughly the same length as the TIE Interceptor. None of the Interceptors Lego has produced are in scale with modern TIEs.

<snip>

Thanks! but as per starwars wiki, the interceptor should be just bit longer than the tie advanced, and comparing the latest lego set, the tie striker is almost two times longer than the tie advanced! im currently working on a Tie interceptor MOC, and the striker set size just puzzles me.

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

Just now, irispen said:

Thanks! but as per starwars wiki, the interceptor should be just bit longer than the tie advanced, and comparing the latest lego set, the tie striker is almost two times longer than the tie advanced! im currently working on a Tie interceptor MOC, and the striker set size just puzzles me.

I wouldn't use official sets for scale reference when we sometimes get vehicles at this scale:

Lego-Star-Wars-Clone-Turbo-Tank-8098-0-2

...and sometimes at this scale.:laugh:

75002_alt5.jpg

Funny. Lighting in space is hardly any different at night time from day... and all those stars, surely you could get a little bit of solar power from them.

For me, the weirdest thing about TIEs is that they go "YEEEEEEEEEOOOOORRRRRR frap frap frap BOOOM" in a space vacuum

Yeah, thinking about the realism of Star Wars isn't a rabbit hole that you want to go down.Ā  The solar panels seem like the least of it, since we use solar panels plentifully on real life spacecraft, and presumably TIEs would be able to store a lot of energy in batteries or something (then recharge from a capital ship or while flying in a straight line or in orbit).

Edited by Raskolnikov

14 hours ago, Artanis I said:

According to that image 4 posts before yours...

Didnt see that.

Ā 

I always thought thats dumb. How much can they build up if they are in space?Ā 

1 hour ago, GeekByKnight said:

Just saw the EWOK VILLAGE set is listed as Retiring Soon. For those who have it, is it worth buying?

In a word, Yes. BuyĀ it now while you have the chance.

1 hour ago, GeekByKnight said:

Just saw the EWOK VILLAGE set is listed as Retiring Soon. For those who have it, is it worth buying?

It is definitely worth buying.Ā And the Sandcrawler is also labelled 'Retiring Soon'.

54 minutes ago, Boromir said:

It is definitely worth buying.Ā And the Sandcrawler is also labelled 'Retiring Soon'.

Yeah, I want both. But I'm thinking EWOK VILLAGE is the one I've gotta go for. Sandcrawler is cool, but the interior feels kinda meh.

I'm guessing the Ewok Village and the Sandcrawler will be retiring right after Christmas.

You can get the A-Wing pilot polybag at TRU with a $30 or more LEGO Star Wars purchase in the US now.

Just getting back into Legos. What are the best sets to buy to get going withĀ Star Wars MOCs. It seems theres been some new pieces sinceĀ my Blacktron and and Galaxy Explorer sets.Ā 

Can't believe the sandcrawler and ewok village have both gone 'retiring soon' together - can only feasibly get one! Both brilliant for display, both great minifigures. Decisions decisions!

On 23.08.2010 at 3:00 AM, Forresto said:

Why are Lego Star Wars sets getting so expensive? :wacko:

They're getting more expensive because Disney bought out the rights and now sets prices for everything connected with Star Wars. A local LEGO shop owner told me that when I asked him about Battle of Takodano.

2 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Can't believe the sandcrawler and ewok village have both gone 'retiring soon' together - can only feasibly get one! Both brilliant for display, both great minifigures. Decisions decisions!

I've bought them both in the past six months fearing this would happen. I'm sure both will still be available on amazon without a major mark up

I'm not seeing the "Retiring Soon" label on the Sandcrawler or the Ewok Village on the US LEGO website.

Hi all,

I am not an expert so please bare with me and don't flame me at once.

I have bought the new SW RO sets and build the U wing. My question is, if anyone else have the feeling that the LEGO parts in the new sets feel like more plastic compared to the old ones like 6211 and so on.

Those old were more tougher... or at least to me feels that way.

Ties at nights - sure, I understand that SW are not meant to be HC sci-fi (speed of light, sound in vacuum, inconsistent technologies, sucking out a star (this one really drives me crazy)), it's just that source materials still claim that the main purpose of those panels is not artistic impressiveness or at least heat-sinking (cool with non-scientistic me) but solar power generation. I suppose it's OK in space (unless the local star is obfuscated or perhaps too small) as I would guess the main purpose of tie's is cheap production cost and no shields mean lower energy demands, but not in atmospheric fighters where the solar energy source is blocked during half of the day time. Sure, batteries work, but then the solar panels are not really needed for ties (the MO usually is taking off from a carrier, engaging directly and returning to the said carrier, without prolonged missions). Maybe the dark side of the force empowers them through the light of darkness, what do I know :)

BTW I love the tie-striker design, I am quite sorry I will not be able to afford it form this wave (U-Wing and AT-ST taking priority).

And I have NO idea how will I be able to afford Ewok Village before it becomes unaffordable :(.