XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Could anyone who owns 10188 give me a rough measurement of the circumference around the centre point. I'm starting to plan some mods for the new Death Star already!

136 cm. (If you ment the elevator shaft, that's 21,5 cm.)

Edited by Justlooking

136 cm. (If you ment the elevator shaft, that's 21,5 cm.)

Could you give me the height and width (diameter) of it? (I'm considering buying the new, but I dont know if I have space on my shelf for it).

Could you give me the height and width (diameter) of it? (I'm considering buying the new, but I dont know if I have space on my shelf for it).

According to LEGO it's 41 cm tall and 42 cm wide.

Has there ever been a shmi skywalker mini fig?

As mentioned, no. But on the bright side, she could be easy enough to make out of existing material. Maybe Gandalf's torso and legs with a female head and pulled back hair?

I was wondering if we'll see any more imperial officers or crew members wearing this hat in dark stone grey:

6080360.jpg

We've seen it in sand yellow in 75082: TIE Advanced Prototype and 75106: Imperial Assault Carrier; in bright blue in 75061: Slave I and the upcoming 75146: Star Wars Advent Calendar; and in black in 75134: Galactic Empire Battle Pack and the upcoming 75159: The Death Star.

But we've only seen it in dark stone grey as originally released in 75055: Imperial Star Destroyer.

Do we think there will be more dark stone grey officers released in 2017 for Rogue One since we see several in the trailer?

On another note, I ordered two Imperial Officers from Bricklink and noticed that the printing on them isn't as clear as on my Imperial Crew minifigure from 75055: Imperial Star Destroyer.

Is that normal?

I tried to take a picture with my phone to post but the image was not clear enough to show the difference.

I was wondering if we'll see any more imperial officers or crew members wearing this hat in dark stone grey:

6080360.jpg

We've seen it in sand yellow in 75082: TIE Advanced Prototype and 75106: Imperial Assault Carrier; in bright blue in 75061: Slave I and the upcoming 75146: Star Wars Advent Calendar; and in black in 75134: Galactic Empire Battle Pack and the upcoming 75159: The Death Star.

But we've only seen it in dark stone grey as originally released in 75055: Imperial Star Destroyer.

Do we think there will be more dark stone grey officers released in 2017 for Rogue One since we see several in the trailer?

On another note, I ordered two Imperial Officers from Bricklink and noticed that the printing on them isn't as clear as on my Imperial Crew minifigure from 75055: Imperial Star Destroyer.

Is that normal?

I tried to take a picture with my phone to post but the image was not clear enough to show the difference.

I'm hoping the microfighter will feature one too. Firestar used to sell the Crewman from the ISD quite cheaply. I bought a load and gave all my imperial officers the grey hats and got new black hats for the crew, also from Firestar. They seem to have dried up a bit now though, even on bricklink.

Hopefully we'll see some more officers in location-based sets after xmas. Also, the BTS footage showed officers in trench coats- would love a couple of them!

Edited by Richpepperell

I'm thinking of Brick linking a 10179, but I won't be able to build it for over a year, so I was thinking of just getting parts that are likely to be more and more difficult to get. I dont mind mixing old gray with lbg, and doing the rear engines a different way than using rigging, and making the radar dish so those expensive parts aren't an issue. But what about others?

Edited by Fuppylodders

Im in process of gathering the parts for this right now. Some expensive ones are the turntable in lbg, some of the lbg hoses are getting expensive as well. All i can remember off the top of my head.

I finished building the UCS slave 1 yesterday, but the windshield doesn't connect very well. There a gap between that and the base (at the top if displayed vertically). Is that normal?

It is normal yes, nothing to worry about.

Hello everybody,

we all know the leaked pictures of the upcoming RO sets. Do you think LEGO will release some more sets except the 5 sets of the leaks?

Hello everybody,

we all know the leaked pictures of the upcoming RO sets. Do you think LEGO will release some more sets except the 5 sets of the leaks?

I would say, no. If we haven't seen it by now it wouldn't be happening. Plus they already have a RO Wave 2 planned, so any additional material could go there.

Edited by HawkLord

I'm thinking of Brick linking a 10179, but I won't be able to build it for over a year, so I was thinking of just getting parts that are likely to be more and more difficult to get. I dont mind mixing old gray with lbg, and doing the rear engines a different way than using rigging, and making the radar dish so those expensive parts aren't an issue. But what about others?

The Yellow technic 5x5 right angle (part 32555) are a lot cheaper in black.

The hoses (3 different lenghs), most of the tiles and the 3 x 2 wedge bricks I brought from Bricks and Pieces or Pick A Brick as they were a lot cheaper (at the time) by the time shipping had been taken into consideration.

The LBG 6.6 bar with stop ring (part 4095) are blooming expensive, especially in the quantity required, I brought part 63965 bar 6l with stop ring instead.

Most other bits that i chaged were either newer mold variations for discontinued parts or certain parts in Light Grey instead of LBG (the main one being the small levers (part 4592c05) as there are sixty of them, brought any colour base possible with Light grey levers then swapped them out into LBG bases).

I also chose to do scottishdave's engine mod, just because it looks better.

Hope this is of help.

The Yellow technic 5x5 right angle (part 32555) are a lot cheaper in black.

The hoses (3 different lenghs), most of the tiles and the 3 x 2 wedge bricks I brought from Bricks and Pieces or Pick A Brick as they were a lot cheaper (at the time) by the time shipping had been taken into consideration.

The LBG 6.6 bar with stop ring (part 4095) are blooming expensive, especially in the quantity required, I brought part 63965 bar 6l with stop ring instead.

Most other bits that i chaged were either newer mold variations for discontinued parts or certain parts in Light Grey instead of LBG (the main one being the small levers (part 4592c05) as there are sixty of them, brought any colour base possible with Light grey levers then swapped them out into LBG bases).

I also chose to do scottishdave's engine mod, just because it looks better.

Hope this is of help.

Every time I've considered BLing 10179 these have been pretty much the first things I've thought about doing. I priced up some of the basic pieces including the dish, rigging, levers, technic bars and sticker and it came to around £850 + postage & duty. I think SD's engine mod looks better anyway and the technic angled pieces are all hidden.

One thing to note.. and be wary of though, there's a Chinese bootleg company that are releasing 10179 for around £120. While most people wouldn't touch it I'm only mentioning as the printed dish, levers, rigging, technic bars and UCS sticker that I've mentioned would be available for the lower price so if you see a seller on eBay suddenly have these at a very competitive rate then just make sure you're getting a genuine piece. It's one thing to know you're getting a copy of a piece, and in the case of the rigging I've seen people sell 3D printed copies so the chinese bootleg piece will probably be better than that, but if you think you're getting the real thing it's a problem. Would there be any real away of knowing the levers are fake if the plastic and mould is of decent quality?

Would there be any real away of knowing the levers are fake if the plastic and mould is of decent quality?

I don't think there would be any way of telling on just the lever part as there are no distinguishing marks on them that i can see (although old eyes may have missed it), I suppose it would have to be taken on faith that if the lever came in a LEGO stamped base that it was the genuine article.

For 10179 (if you want to swap colors to save money) I would recommend swapping the light/dark bluish gray connector pieces that are used for the rear engine and landing gears. It's much cheaper and you will never notice the difference. I bricklinked mine last December for around $1400 almost all new pieces. I could have done it cheaper with more patience but it was my first project so I wanted stuff quicker and wasn't very experienced.

Thanks guys, yeah, SD's engine mod is what I'll be doing as I actually prefer it than the rigging. Thanks for the heads up about the counterfeit stuff too!

Hey everyone! Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this kind of question, but here goes anyway. I am having a dilemma in what I should purchase next. I have the money for the Assault on Hoth, and I know I want the set, since I missed all hoth related sets, but damn, every time I think of the VfM, my stomach turns to a knot :hmpf_bad::tongue:. Knowing myself, I don't think I will reach the point again where I will save up enough to get it at full retail price. Do you guys think AoH will eventually drop in price, say between $150-200? Should I invest my money on different sets? ( I am thinking of rebel frigate and turbo tank for almost the same price as AoH). Any suggestions? Much appreciated!!!

PS: A twist of irony...I had completely forgotten about my profile pic :tongue:

Edited by madroskylo77

Since the bad reputation 75098 received among the casual fans and AFOLs, I think that we'll see 75098 having a discount easier than the other UCS sets, but not that easy as I can tell since UCS sets rarely get discounts, especially discount more than 40-50%.

Since the bad reputation 75098 received among the casual fans and AFOLs, I think that we'll see 75098 having a discount easier than the other UCS sets, but not that easy as I can tell since UCS sets rarely get discounts, especially discount more than 40-50%.

Didn't the UCS B-wing get a heavy discount at some point?

I did not get any of the new Hoth sets either except for the smaller attack on hoth. And wait for a discount for that thing, it's really over priced for what it is and I don't imagine it's flying off the shelves.

Worst case scenario at least wait for double VIP and promo.