XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

@Juke: I used around 45 pieces to MOD the 75149 X-Wing. I can give you a list of what I used and where I put them if you want. The 75102 required much more, because I replaced most of the random gray and dark gray pieces on the body with black or orange pieces to get a cleaner look.

That's alright. I know some sets need work, and I like to see other peoples MOCs/MODs. But I personally don't like altering sets unless it's with pieces that came with the set

At the end of the day, you can always put it back to how it should be, so i see no reason to not mod a set. All sets are a compromise, with cost, complexity, playability and accuracy as factors. How each of those are prioritised by TLG is always going to differ from what AFOLs want, as the sets are designed for kids. As I'm not a kid (contrary to what my my other half says!) I want accuracy most of all, so I'm happy to make changes that move the set in that direction, so long as the finished result doesn't negatively affect the sturdiness of the model. I try my best to ensure the finished result is constructed in a way that TLG would have done if their priorities matched my own.

I will admit I haven't posted any of my mods here yet, because all of them are WIP and I make changes until I'm happy.

At the end of the day, you can always put it back to how it should be, so i see no reason to not mod a set. All sets are a compromise, with cost, complexity, playability and accuracy as factors. How each of those are prioritised by TLG is always going to differ from what AFOLs want, as the sets are designed for kids. As I'm not a kid (contrary to what my my other half says!) I want accuracy most of all, so I'm happy to make changes that move the set in that direction, so long as the finished result doesn't negatively affect the sturdiness of the model. I try my best to ensure the finished result is constructed in a way that TLG would have done if their priorities matched my own.

I will admit I haven't posted any of my mods here yet, because all of them are WIP and I make changes until I'm happy.

I see your point, it makes sense. I just can't work myself up to part out my other sets to MOD another. Maybe one day when I get past the novelty of the sets I will. But right now probably not. Haven't got into bricklinking yet either, just been working on my collection

Brick Owl is a good option to purchase pieces you need to do MOD's. It seems a little more simplified than Bricklink. I only spent about $7 to get the pieces I needed to MOD 75149. $3 of that was shipping cost.

I like buying sets super cheap on ebay minus their minifigures. I just picked up a brand new in the box 75102 Poes x-wing for less than half that I paid for the complete set back in December (which wasn't full retail either), and it means I can mess around and either end up with one heavily modded x-wing and have a lot of useful spares, or build up 2 x-wings and use the spare pilot that came with the first set for the second.

Concerning the new game, will the PS4 exclusive DLC packs (droids pack) or the Gamestop exclusives (jabba pack) ever be released on other platforms such as PC in the future? I don't see any reason for them to keep it console-exclusive. I ordered it from Steam, by the way.

Edited by ChristopherLee

If anyone in the US is still looking to get the 75105 Millenium Falcon, it's 30% off at Walmart and on their website. That's $120 instead of $150.

If anyone in the US is still looking to get the 75105 Millenium Falcon, it's 30% off at Walmart and on their website. That's $120 instead of $150.

I'm definitely wanting, however I've spent too much on this hobby lately haha

I think your math is a little off...

@lego the hutt: Ah, you're right. I was thinking $30 off when I typed that. It's 20% off, I should never try to do percentages in my head. Always use a calculator lol.

Speaking of the new game, I saw this display stand for it in Tesco today, featuring a really weird cannon build for the resistance X-wings. The cannons look way over-sized to me but I do quite like them! Also, free mini Poe's X-wing if you buy the game in Tesco.

27352582273_5383f67982_z.jpg

Speaking of the new game, I saw this display stand for it in Tesco today, featuring a really weird cannon build for the resistance X-wings. The cannons look way over-sized to me but I do quite like them! Also, free mini Poe's X-wing if you buy the game in Tesco.[snip]

I have never even heard of tesco. I googled it just for kicks, turns out there's one in Dallas.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

I have never even heard of tesco. I googled it just for kicks, turns out there's one in Dallas.

They once invaded Denmark.....

true story :wink:

As a Brit who's been to America a few times I have to say I've never seen a Tesco in America either. I did some Googling of my own and it turns out they opened some stores over there called Fresh and easy on the west coast but they are not popular or anything like what we call Tesco back home which is more akin to Walmart or Target.

Sorry, this is not directly lego related but Tuggernuts sparked an interest to find out more and I'd hate it if he made a wasted journey to Tesco inc in Dallas who sell electronic and military equipment :classic:

On a more lego related note it's a shame you don't get a minfig bonus with the game and those cannons do look nice.

Concerning the new game, will the PS4 exclusive DLC packs (droids pack) or the Gamestop exclusives (jabba pack) ever be released on other platforms such as PC in the future? I don't see any reason for them to keep it console-exclusive. I ordered it from Steam, by the way.

If other LEGO games are anything to go by, the other DLC packs usually come along a month or so later than the exclusive release.

As a Brit who's been to America a few times I have to say I've never seen a Tesco in America either. I did some Googling of my own and it turns out they opened some stores over there called Fresh and easy on the west coast but they are not popular or anything like what we call Tesco back home which is more akin to Walmart or Target.

Sorry, this is not directly lego related but Tuggernuts sparked an interest to find out more and I'd hate it if he made a wasted journey to Tesco inc in Dallas who sell electronic and military equipment :classic:

On a more lego related note it's a shame you don't get a minfig bonus with the game and those cannons do look nice.

Electronic and military equipment has sparked even more of an interest, thanks boss!

Quick question here, does Lego usually goes full double VIP points on Force Friday or polypag promotion? With RO coming, I was just wondering if I was better off camping the Lego online shop at midnight or just waiting for it later? Thanks!

Lego hasn't done double VIP on Force Friday, because there's no reason to. The incentive is the new sets and they don't need to "sell" those much.

When is the Star Wars advent calendar being released?

End of November usually.

End of November usually.

Nooooooooo, no no no. It's usually sold out by the end of November. The purpose of the calendar is to count down the days until Christmas in December, so releasing it at the end of November kinda defeats that whole idea.

It should be released in the next month or two, I imagine.

Nooooooooo, no no no. It's usually sold out by the end of November. The purpose of the calendar is to count down the days until Christmas in December, so releasing it at the end of November kinda defeats that whole idea.

It should be released in the next month or two, I imagine.

Thats what I would imagine. By the time you order it on s@h and have it delivered, you would have to open a day or two.

When is the Star Wars advent calendar being released?

Probably September, as indicated by past years. As mentioned it tends to sell out in November in the US usually before Black Friday.

Edited by HawkLord

Same time as the Rogue One wave hits the shelves, which I CANT wait anymore for it to be released. "Grumble grumble"