XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I have $145 on Amazon right now and I'm obviously going to use it for LEGO Star Wars purposes. Anyone know of some good sales or sets I should purchase? I'm torn between so many.

Or should I wait until the RO sets are released?

Depends on what you don't have that you want. Seems like everything, especially on Amazon, besides the current summer wave is on sale.

Just throwing it out of the wild, is anyone wholly disatisfied with this year's summer sets? I may be completly off the mark here, but including Assault on hoth, this may be lego's most niche array of sets released in a couple of year... ( freemakers, rebels, episode III, and meh Episode VII set. ) Anyone one else out there?

Just throwing it out of the wild, is anyone wholly disatisfied with this year's summer sets? I may be completly off the mark here, but including Assault on hoth, this may be lego's most niche array of sets released in a couple of year... ( freemakers, rebels, episode III, and meh Episode VII set. ) Anyone one else out there?

You're not the only one. The summer sets are well designed (Even the Turbo Tank isn't that bad as the others mentioned), but the problem with the summer sets is the price tag. The Turbo Tank, Vader's TIE vs A-Wing, Rex's AT-TE, Encounter on Jakku and now the Rebel Frigate are $10 - $20 overpriced, and 75149 is even cost £10 more than 75102 in some countries like UK! This year's winter set with only 1 exception (Looking at you, 75139) are mostly fairly priced.

You're not the only one. The summer sets are well designed (Even the Turbo Tank isn't that bad as the others mentioned), but the problem with the summer sets is the price tag. The Turbo Tank, Vader's TIE vs A-Wing, Rex's AT-TE, Encounter on Jakku and now the Rebel Frigate are $10 - $20 overpriced, and 75149 is even cost £10 more than 75102 in some countries like UK! This year's winter set with only 1 exception (Looking at you, 75139) are mostly fairly priced.

where is the winter sets price tags? thanks

where is the winter sets price tags? thanks

Most of the 2016 Winter wave set's price tag is available at the Lego Shop official site (Depends on countries).

Has any one in Australia picked up any of the new summer sets? Iv been looking Iv looked all over 3 different towns and no one is sticking them yet.

Hey I've just been wondering whether or not the current UCS Tie fighter is the same/close to the same as the scale of the Red-Five X-Wing UCS from 2013?

Thanks!

Yes.

Has any one in Australia picked up any of the new summer sets? Iv been looking Iv looked all over 3 different towns and no one is sticking them yet.

No. I wouldn't expect them to hit retail shelves until after the mid-year toy sales. The Big W toy sale catalogue is out and there are no 'summer' SW sets in it. Expect the other retailers to follow suit.

Edited by Markalus

i chose the imperial shuttle thanks again guys love the set

*snip*

Man I am digging that set the more I look at it. Wish I found one on clearance at a walmart.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

It's one of those sets that's totally worth it even at full price. Once you have it in hand and built, it's huge and looks perfect. Don't need to buy another Imperial Shuttle ever again.

Yeah the Tyderium is a great set. I tiled the wings, body and cockpit of mine, and modded the intakes on the sides of the hull and it looks even better. Next up is modding the landing gear and ramp : )

I saw on ebay where someone has 75105 listed for like 30 bucks with free shipping from China, they also have quite a few of them. Obviously to me this is some sort of scam but what is it? Do they make knockoff pieces or something? Anyone had experience with something like this?

I saw on ebay where someone has 75105 listed for like 30 bucks with free shipping from China, they also have quite a few of them. Obviously to me this is some sort of scam but what is it? Do they make knockoff pieces or something? Anyone had experience with something like this?

They are fakes. They look similar in pictures but in hand you can tell the difference and some pieces don't quite fit. I took a punt on a Millennium Falcon microfighter as it was only £5 but it wasn't worth it. Some of the minifigs are okay though if you are army building for instance?

Ah well i kind of figured, unfortunately im in for the ships for display and don't really care about the minifgs so i guess that's a no go.

After spotting some Super Heroes Lego Junior sets in the supermarket today it got me thinking... Do you think we'll ever see Lego Star Wats Juniors or even duplo sets? There are already licensed Juniors sets and Star Wars certainly appeals to children in the right ages range (for example the (Playskool Galactic Heroes range).

It might me a great way to get a few minfigures at a reasonable price as they usually come with 2 or 3 figures per set.

I would wonder if Duplo is held back because of Hasbro's Galactic Heroes line for the same reason Lego can't release single minifigures - contracts.

I would wonder if Duplo is held back because of Hasbro's Galactic Heroes line for the same reason Lego can't release single minifigures - contracts.

Most likely, yeah... Junior sets might be able to squeak by such a contractual restriction, but maybe not.

Which storm trooper minifigure is considered the 'One?' What is the precedence of storm trooper minifigures?

The latest version, from the Star Destroyer/UCS Slave I/2015 Advent Calendar, I think. Leg printing, great detailing, nice helmet...

The Stormie from the UCS Slave 1, would be my guess.

That is sw585 and also appears in the Imperial Star Destroyer (75055) and the 2015 advent calendar.

What would be the top three? How does the storm trooper that comes in the Rebels battle pack get viewed by the collecting public?

That is sw585 and also appears in the Imperial Star Destroyer (75055) and the 2015 advent calendar.

What would be the top three? How does the storm trooper that comes in the Rebels battle pack get viewed by the collecting public?

In terms of detail & whatnot, the Rebels version is really good... if you can get past the "frown" then it'd probably rank 2nd. sw366 from the Endor BP & Ewok Village is a good choice with nice detailed armor & a great helmet, but lacks leg printing... sw122 from 7264 Imperial Inspection has printed legs which are pretty neat, but it's very dated... Then there are the battle-damaged ones from this year's Imperial Battle Pack, too.

After the sw585, I would say the Stormtrooper in the 2012 battlepack is second. And that one should be cheaper and more plentiful as it did appear in other sets. Not sure about third, because I have one other Stormtrooper version, but I don't remember which set they started from - this was back in 2010.

As for the Rebels Stormtrooper, it basically comes down to whether you like the design and/or show or not. I don't care for the design and won't be picking one up, but for people who like the design, it's a great deal for the price.

The Endor BP Stormtrooper only came in that set and the Ewok village.

I consider the ISD and Slave I Stormtrooper to be the best. He has great detailing. His helmet print truly makes the mold come alive and he looks exactly like his movie counterpart. I find all previous helmet prints they had incredibly boring. It wasn't quite right.

The only thing that I can ask for is white hips with black body glove printing and part of the belt like the FO Stormies. Arm printing is not a must, but it would be nice to see because that may some day become a standard for minifigs.