XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Of the UCS sets that are currently for sale on the Lego shop site, what will be the order that they will be removed from the market? I assume the Red Five X wing is gone and never coming back. I also assume that the sand crawler is next because that is out of stock. After that will the wok village disappear before slave 1?

Edited by Hokierespect

I'm no insider, but I would think the Ewok Village would retire before the Sandcrawler. That being said, I think they're both popular so they might not follow the traditional retirement timeline.

In reply to your question, it's anyone's guess. Historically UCS-type sets used to run on a 2-3 year lifecycle, but TLG has ceased production of some very early in the last few years (e.g. B-Wing and Town Hall) which I'd expect was due to poor sales. The Ewok Village is the oldest of the current 'Exclusives' and personally I think it looks the most dated - certainly in terms of the minifigures so I think there's a decent chance it will be the next to retire. As has been mentioned in the 2016 thread we don't tend to discuss 'investments' in this forum.

We also have a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum which is ideal for this sort of thing. I'll merge this with it in a bit.

Do you think TLG will release a new star wars ucs set this fall? If they do release one, when do you think we will know what the set is or at least hear good rumors on what the set will be.

Sandcrawler is still being produced. Red Five is gone. Ewok Village is the next retired set, so if you want it, it's time to get it ;-)

CM4Sci posted a couple of days ago that the 75144 UCS Snowspeeder was being delayed until 2017, but the 75159 Death Star will be released this autumn. Brickset has both of these within their database, so it's very likely that's correct. However, someone spotted recently that the Snowspeeder had lost it's 'UCS' designation - hopefully it's just a glitch!

For future reference, we have a 2016 Pictures & Rumours thread, plus a general Q&A thread which are both ideal for this sort of query. I'll merge this with the Q&A thread in a bit :classic:

Does anyone know if this new death star ucs will be a playset like the other.one or more lIke a true ucs that is only for display like the death star 2

I sincerely thank everyone who told me to buy the Final Duel. That is an amazing set. I love the minifigures!

I sincerely thank everyone who told me to buy the Final Duel. That is an amazing set. I love the minifigures!

Glad you like it. Takodana doesn't hold a candle to Final Duel.

I can't see LEGO making a Death Star I similar to the Death Star II. That would be very unexciting. However, that would be the only way they would get me to buy one.

Glad you like it. Takodana doesn't hold a candle to Final Duel.

I can't see LEGO making a Death Star I similar to the Death Star II. That would be very unexciting. However, that would be the only way they would get me to buy one.

Same for me. I would consider a ds 1 if it is like the ds 2 set. If it is a playset, then no chance I will buy it.

The DS 2 was unlikeable by the serious Lego fan. The playable features of DS 1 make it the superior version, Lego should hope the upcoming version is similar. This is an unassailable fact. Does anyone know when the design will be leaked.

Alright so I'm shopping for my little cousin who wants star wars Legos :D He said he likes original trilogy space ships. I'm trying to keep my budget at 50- and I can use the secondary market (IE Used sets in good condition). Prefer to get him a ship based set as opposed to a figure based set. Ideas?

The DS 2 was unlikeable by the serious Lego fan. The playable features of DS 1 make it the superior version, Lego should hope the upcoming version is similar. This is an unassailable fact. Does anyone know when the design will be leaked.

Your "facts" are very assailable. The DS II is liked by a lot of serious LEGO fans. A lot of AFOLs prefer display models and couldn't care less about play features.

Could someone explain to me how "dual molded legs" are constructed? The name leads me to believe that half the leg is molded in one color, the other in another color, then they're somehow molded together? I feel like that can't be the case however, because after inspecting dual molded legs, I can't find a a ridge or anything like that which would show that they're two different pieces connected together.

Alright so I'm shopping for my little cousin who wants star wars Legos :D He said he likes original trilogy space ships. I'm trying to keep my budget at 50- and I can use the secondary market (IE Used sets in good condition). Prefer to get him a ship based set as opposed to a figure based set. Ideas?

Y-wings seem pretty good value on the used or unopened market. It's a solid playable ship, whichever variant you go for, looks really good, and it's a decent size. You get a pilot and a droid with it which is a nice rebel combo.

Could someone explain to me how "dual molded legs" are constructed? The name leads me to believe that half the leg is molded in one color, the other in another color, then they're somehow molded together? I feel like that can't be the case however, because after inspecting dual molded legs, I can't find a a ridge or anything like that which would show that they're two different pieces connected together.

Two seperate colors of molten ABS stock are precisely metered through tiny orifices in the mould. The plastic then cools rapidly and when the mould seperates, the two colors have fused into the uniform pieces and their molecules are essentially stuck together. There should not be a seam except maybe where the mould seperates. ( I know because I have worked in the plastic industry for several years.)

Your "facts" are very assailable. The DS II is liked by a lot of serious LEGO fans. A lot of AFOLs prefer display models and couldn't care less about play features.

I thought it was like the UCS falcon every one likes it but it didnt sell well.

Does anyone out there have any idea which parts and pieces need to be changed to actually make the ucs falcon in black? I have searched many places and all I ever find is pictures of it, as beautiful as they are I am looking for a parts list so I can start BLing one for my son and myself. Any help would be great and appreciated, thanks all of you

Download LDD, search the 10179 MF lxf file, open it in the program, change all the colours that you wish to be black, to black, save it, and create the parts list from that. Then you'll know EXACTLY which parts, and will get an idea of how it will look (I say an 'idea' because it never truly is the same as having the real model).

Thank you sooo very much, I have been lurking around but have learned so many thing and want to thank everyone for there help.

Does anybody have any links showing different versions of it in black if that's allowed? I have seen one in all black with a little red and really liked it. Just wondered what other color Falcons are out there. And as always thanks to everyone

Oh no here comes the Falcon color debate again...

Is it light gray, dark gray, or white?

Or is it yellow and blue?

;)

To all Canadians out there:

Any of you heard about any TRU sale for May the fourth? Normally I buy everything there because they normally have 20% off all Lego Star Wars.

Now nothing is on sale so I can't buy anything.