XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I meant the actual movie guns. I know the Lego guns don't have the white, but it works really well on the movie ones.

Hey guys I went to a local mom and pop toy store and found the 2013 republic gunship and AT-TE. Since it's a privately owned store there's some pretty bad markup on the sets. I never bought either of the sets. Which should I pick up?

Edited by cullmancreations

Hey guys I went to a local mom and pop toy store and found the 2013 republic gunship and AT-TE. Since it's a privately owned store there's some pretty bad markup on the sets. I never bought either of the sets. Which should I pick up?

I'd say price it out on Bricklink (with shipping) first, then decide if you'll support the markup of the mom-n-pop shop, or support a BL shop!

I'd say price it out on Bricklink (with shipping) first, then decide if you'll support the markup of the mom-n-pop shop, or support a BL shop!

+1

When looking on bricklink for the gunship the lowest priced sets plus shipping would add up to about the same price as the shop. So I guess I'll get that at the store. I'm deciding between the gunship or the AT-TE. any of you guys have a preference Edited by cullmancreations

When looking on bricklink for the gunship the lowest priced sets plus shipping would add up to about the same price as the shop

Then get it from the shop, at least there's no waiting :sweet: :sweet:

Personally, I like the gunship better. The AT-TE is pretty good, but a bit too static. The gunship is a blast to build, and a blast to just play around with. Not to mention its impressive looks when on display. The AT-TE is just kinda a blob of grey to me.

Just a quick opinion gathering. Which one should I dismantle for parts as I don't need two. The custom was based of the green interceptor from set 9494

0BE54B89-175B-4C09-B74A-71481C27553A.jpg

Edited by jmagaletta

Personally, Id say swap the round 2x2 republic (?) logo over from the right one in place of the 2x2 square tile with logo on the left one, then keep the left one.

Edited by Fuppylodders

I recently got the UCS slave 1, and I was admiring the arm printing on the boba fett when I realized that it is very rare for star wars minifigs to have arm printing. I was wondering how many there are and which ones they are? I could only think of 7

Id keep the left one, and modify it a bit, the lighter grey looks better, plus i dont like the use of stickers for the small grey bits on the front of the wings, i agree with fuppylodders on the Open Circle Fleet logo's, swap over the round printed tiles for the stickered ones.

Personally, I like the gunship better. The AT-TE is pretty good, but a bit too static. The gunship is a blast to build, and a blast to just play around with. Not to mention its impressive looks when on display. The AT-TE is just kinda a blob of grey to me.

Pretty much agree here. The gunship is just as good as the 7676 version, which was brilliant as it was, if not slightly better, and more sturdier.

The at-te in my opinion is quite a downgrade to the previous version in most ways. While i have both, if i had to choose between them, without doubt it would be the gunship.

I recently got the UCS slave 1, and I was admiring the arm printing on the boba fett when I realized that it is very rare for star wars minifigs to have arm printing. I was wondering how many there are and which ones they are? I could only think of 7

Boba Fett (UCS)

Boba Fett (10123 Cloud City)

Greedo (Original version)

TIE Pilot (UCS)

Bespin Guard (Original version)

Darth Maul (Polybag)

Darth Maul (Clone Wars)

Wullffwarro (Rebels Wookie)

C-3PO (Polybag)

Thats about it off the top of my head... ish...

Edited by Robianco

Hello all, I'm looking for an alternative for the Sandtrooper backpack. The current brick built version is too big I think, and would still look great if it would be flatter. Does anyone have a good looking alternative? Thanks!

Hello all, I'm looking for an alternative for the Sandtrooper backpack. The current brick built version is too big I think, and would still look great if it would be flatter. Does anyone have a good looking alternative? Thanks!

This one is about the same size but looks more like it did in the movie http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/18878

Boba Fett (UCS)

Boba Fett (10123 Cloud City)

Greedo (Original version)

TIE Pilot (UCS)

Bespin Guard (Original version)

Darth Maul (Polybag)

Darth Maul (Clone Wars)

Wullffwarro (Rebels Wookie)

C-3PO (Polybag)

Thats about it off the top of my head... ish...

I think Savage Opress did too...and maybe a Ventress?

Hello

I am new to the forum, based in the UK. I am a collector of vintage Kenner Star Wars figures but have recently developed an interest in LEGO Star Wars mini figures as most of the vintage items I am after nowadays are incredibly expensive (like thousands). I think the LEGO mini figs are a nice new thing to collect and I have loved LEGO ever since I was a kid also.

I would like to purchase a Boba Fett from the Cloud City 10123 set but I see that there are a lot of customs on eBay which look quite convincing. Can anybody give me some tips on how to recognise ones listed as original but which are actually custom? There are a few I am looking at so it would be good if someone could give an opinion on those for me.

Thanks! :classic:

Hi there! As a general rule, I don't like eBay when trying to buy Lego. It often turns out to be a hassle for little things like this. I prefer to use Bricklink, as you can buy almost every Lego part ever made, in addition to every mini-fig and set. You can find all the listing for the cloud city Boba Fett here. I never realized until now, but they're quite pricey :look: If you want to use eBay, maybe message the seller and ask if it's custom or not. Otherwise, compare it against other images to see if there are any discrepancies. I hope I could help!

Hey!

Many thanks for the info. That is a great website. Does it have a similar insurance policy to eBay? Assume the main payment system is through PayPal so you get protection that way.

I came across a 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge today, it was selling at retail.. Is this set rare or sought after by any chance? Should I go back and buy it next week?

I'm also a collector of old Star Wars Minifigs. I think if you wanted to be shure of an original City Cloud Boba Fett, then you have to buy the whole set - about 600€...

The quality of some custom printed Boba Fett's is excellent or better imo than the original. I bought a slice printed one for 25€ last month, and I was not dissapointed. I paid about 1500€ for the Minifigs last two month, I think the original is not worth 250€ for a risky investment.

Hi jmagaletta, there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of this forum which is ideal for this sort of thing; I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

And, personally I prefer the one on the left, the LBG looks far better!

Hi bobskins and welcome to Eurobricks!

There are a lot of customs around so you need to use your common sense; as with most things if a deal looks too good to be true it usually will be! That said if you purchase it from a reputable seller on either Ebay or Bricklink it should be fine. There's a good review of the set on Eurobricks (link) which includes some decent images of the minifigures, which may be of interest. Personally I've never owned one as I couldn't justify the cost of it, but I can see the attraction. If you're looking for an alternative, the current one in the UCS Slave 1 is great and available at a fraction of the cost!

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum which is ideal for this sort of thing; I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

I came across a 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge today, it was selling at retail.. Is this set rare or sought after by any chance? Should I go back and buy it next week?

In the UK it was regularly discounted when it was widely available in stores, so I don't think it sold very well. I managed to grab one at 33% off from Amazon a couple of years ago and it's a good set; my only complaint is that the sails which look far too, well, plastic! :laugh: There's quite a few available on Ebay at RRP currently and, bearing in mind that it's been out of production for nearly a year, I'm not sure it would be a good investment but it's entirely up to you.