XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Thanks, everyone, for the replies! Robianco, that picture comparison was way beyond what I was expecting! :blush:

I guess what I'm saying is that I hope TLG releases that particular helmet in the old style, because I'd hate to have Wes Janson (or any other pilot) look totally odd next to his fellows. It would almost be like yellow figs vs. fleshies again (okay, not quite). Anyway, it doesn't matter all that much. I have to remind myself, these are toys, not movie props. :laugh:

Since when is Lego a toy?! It is a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system! :tongue:

Would anyone agree that since the faces are basically the same on clones as they are on the first order troopers that they would go great in the same overal army? and for the first order troopers. Is there anywhere you could go to get them without the sets? In bulk?

I doubt there are many available on bricklink yet, at least in bulk. Sounds like there will be a Jan 2016 set with a few at a more reasonable price than the FO Transport. Keep your fingers crossed that is true.

The Death Star has been blown up........twice.

So why buy this set if you already know it's going to be blown up again ?

To expensive for me BUT I did like Vader's little TIE Fighter and I had the parts so I build it using http://lego.brickinstructions.com/lego_instructions/set/10188/SW_Death_Star (I can't do that word-link thingy, I'm a n00b).

So it is done and I am trying to fit in a Minifig....

mMspDKW.jpg

The fig fits, but the front canopy can't close completely because of the figs hands.

ADjMB7B.jpg

I am sure I've build it correctly, internet says it fits, can somebody help me out here ?

Try moving the arms up a bit. On mine I had to position them just right in order to fit. I also remember the top hatch giving me trouble, but it seems to be ok here.

Hi Legocitycustoms

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit, as I don't think it warrants a thread of its own :classic:

The answer is literally right there infront of you (Ive just checked it with mine). The arms need to be moved up a bit more to where the gap is between the 1 x 2 vertically long hinge clip plate and the 1x2 horizontal hinge clip plate. Position hands between that gap, it closes fine. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong. Judging from the picture though, nothing is wrong, just you haven't positioned both hands in that gap yet.

I am going to get one of these this year and wanted to know people's thoughts. I don't want price to be a factor in this, but I am worried that people's thought process will be that since they can only get one, that they would go for the Sandcrawler because of its higher dollar value.

I don't own either so it is difficult for me to judge which one is easier to appreciate. Both sets come with great figures (one has Jawas, the other has Boba Fett lol), and both have very interesting structural lines, slopes, and angles considering the sets are brick built.

Thoughts if you could have only one? Lets assume that neither set would be played with as the Sandcrawler likely has better playability.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Believe me I've tried, there is just no way the canopy can close.

I just built the assembly and tested and it's exactly like GuyDude and Fuppy said. Furthermore I managed to close it even with hands down, it just requires to 'force' these hinge plates between the hands. That isn't entirely comfortable but once you move the arms up (hands in front of the face), everything opens and closes freely.

Edited by krisandkris12

I could never afford either, but for what it's worth, if I could afford one, I would go with the Sandcrawler; Boba Fett is not all he's cracked up to be! :laugh:

Also, you may want to check out the 2016 rumor/confirmed thread, tagged at the top of the forum, because distinguished Eurobricks member CM4Sci has seen preliminary images of sets "75136 Droid Escape Pod" and "75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber," in particular, and it looks like there will be Jawas and ultra-detailed Fetts for much cheaper in December or January :wink: (just a couple of months...I can't wait!)

Edited by TheWorldAhead

I have both and love the look of the sandcrawler, but in all seriousness, UCS Slave is now my favourite set out of everything [i do not have UCS MF!]. It was so good to build as well, I just love it. I have a Lego room, but the Slave and the Ghostbusters are out in the lounge. Wife thinks they are great in the front room too :wink:

Is the Sandcrawler even a UCS? :tongue:

I've got the Slave 1 and it's one of my favourite sets. It looks fantastic on display. I think the Sandcrawler is more of a play set than a display piece, so I'd vote for Slave 1.

The front of the Sandcrawler's box does say UCS. Hmm. My goal was to display either set as part of a scene. I was going to recreate the droid-sale scene with the sandcrawler or the Cloud City landing pad with the Slave 1 with Han Solo being loaded into the Slave 1.

The Slave 1 presents a bigger challenge since I'd have to find a great way to recreate the circular shaped landing pad. However, I'd have more money to spend on recreating the scene because the set is cheaper. The scene was not going to be anything too fancy. I've been planning for the landing pad, bridge, and a small wall with door opposite the landing pad.

The Sandcrawler scene would be more straightforward. I'd need to own the Cantina for the speeder and other necessary pieces. I had plans for a couple Sandtroopers on dewbacks in the distance, and I thought that the droid escape set to be released soon would work well in the background as well. So the Sandcrawler scene would cost a lot more (the Sandcrawler already costs 100 dollars more than the Slave 1), but it would love more "life" to it (while also taking up more space). I've also started prototyping Ben Kenobi's to include as another decorative component to the droid sale scene, but again, this would mean that the whole MOC would have to cover a large surface area to create distance between all the complimentary scenes (Sandtroopers, Kenobi's hut, Droid escape etc) that go with the droid sale. By the way, I already have a custom made LIN-V8K droid. It's the same copy as Baronsat's, which is far superior to the one found in the advent calendar.

On the flip side, I was going to incorporate Lifelites for the Could City landing pad which would give the Slave 1 a really nice effect.

Decisions... I suppose I should at least wait for Droid Escape images.

Having both, the Sandcrawler is much more interesting to build. It has alot of minifigs two. For display they are both beautiful and impressive. My heart goes for the Sandcrawler :-)

I have both, and I much prefer the Slave I. While the Sandcrawler certainly is interesting, it's design is very bland and it becomes boring in a short period of time. The Slave I, IMO, doesn't have either of those flaws.

The Sandcrawler is sturdier though.

So, back with another random minifigure question! Should I BrickLink Owen Lars for $10, or do you think he will ever be in a cheaper, non-Sandcrawler set (his homestead, perhaps? :wub: )

So, back with another random minifigure question! Should I BrickLink Owen Lars for $10, or do you think he will ever be in a cheaper, non-Sandcrawler set (his homestead, perhaps? :wub: )

Lars' homestead is one of the few Star Wars sets TLG has never released.

If they ever went on a "never before made" or "hey, it's been ten years since we've made this, let's remake it" spree, then you very well could get it in another non-Sandcrawler set.

Although, with the new movies coming out and all, there shouldn't be much room for OT sets.

10$ isn't much, you could always buy it before the price rises, or wait and hope he comes in a set that would come out in a year or two...

Lars' homestead is one of the few Star Wars sets TLG has never released.

If they ever went on a "never before made" or "hey, it's been ten years since we've made this, let's remake it" spree, then you very well could get it in another non-Sandcrawler set.

Although, with the new movies coming out and all, there shouldn't be much room for OT sets.

10$ isn't much, you could always buy it before the price rises, or wait and hope he comes in a set that would come out in a year or two...

Thanks for your help. :)

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, I guess. But that's the thing with LEGO Star Wars that I didn't have to worry about with LOTR or any other theme: there are so many sets and minifigures that there's simply no way for anyone but an insanely wealthy strategist to hunt down everything. I guess I'll wait; ultimately, I would buy a Homestead set in a heartbeat if it ever got released; and $10 is a good deal for a figure from a $300 set, but in the end, poor Uncle Owen is just one figure in a plastic sea of thousands...

Edited by TheWorldAhead

Thoughts if you could have only one? Lets assume that neither set would be played with as the Sandcrawler likely has better playability.

Me, I'm a vehicles guy, not a playset guy, so either one could speak to me, but I'd get the Slave 1 and MOD the bottom with more greebles, etc.

I'm a sucker for droids too, so I'd also Bricklink some of the droid minifigs from the Sandcrawler, but I'm just not that excited by the "big brown box"-ishness of it...

For me, one of them is a "wow" and the other is a "meh" - display-wise I think Slave 1 wins out. :wub: