XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

You really do need to press the wings in pretty hard- you should here a few clicks when you get it, and it's possible to push them in almost all the way without clicking, so that it'll look right but won't be secure.

Hi appiah4, and welcome to Eurobricks!

I've grabbed a few B-Wings (75050) recently at 50% off, and at that price they're realACly hard to beat. Alternatively, the old Y-Wing (9495) is a nice little set, and I really like the greebling on it in particular. For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it in a bit :classic:

Hi nymmerod

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it in a bit :classic:

Thanks for the replies :) I just checked and the A-Wing and X-Wing have gone out of stock :/

I'd rather go for a Rebel starship indeed but that doesn't have to be the case. I could go for an iconic Imperial ship (the new Advanced Prototype x1 is pretty good I hear?) or something from the Rebels (Ghost is intriguing but I've read pretty poor reviews of it :( )

So I guess Gold Leader or B-Wing is best bang for price at the moment?

A-wing and X-wing are long gone at this point. I'd recommend the TIE Prototype or the B-wing, they're both solid sets. For a less mainstream choice, consider Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter, it's a fun build. Personally I adore the HH-87 Starhopper, excellent functionality and a great build, trickier to find these days though but I've still seen them in smaller toy stores (Go! Games & Toys for example). The first few pages of Aftermath also reveal that it's Wedge Antilles' personal undercover starfighter, making it an OT vessel as well as a Clone Wars one.

Edited by Darth Caedus

Yeah half price B-Wings sound awesome! Where?

Also, is getting a Z-95 for around 43 GBP worth it? I believe it's OOP, but is it a good kit worth collecting? Or should I go for a B-Wing for slightly less than that (38GBP)? Or maybe go for even a Jedi Interceptor (I have none) for 19GBP?

Edited by appiah4

Hi, so I have 160$ to spend and I want to spend it on a T.F.A. (The Force Awakens) set or two and I'm not sure which sets are highest in value, the two I'm deciding most on are the new Falcon or Kylo Ren's shuttle, which do you think is worth more money? Please tell me! Thanks!

-Xan

P.S. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, just left it here since it's star wars related.

Depends what's your preference. Having both, I can say each one has its own merit. If you're more OT, falcon. If you like bad guys, Kylo. It's all opinions at the end of the day and I say buy them all haha

Both are excellent sets, what you could of if you really can't decide is get one now and then save up for the other later

I'd hold onto the money and wait for the good sales that usually happen in October and November on LEGO. Then you can pick up one of the big sets and one of the mid-sized ones.

Hi legoxan, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Personally, I'd go for the Falcon as it's so iconic (even with the new dish!) but it's up to you. For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

The slave ine has almost 500 more peices. I just noticed it for the first time in the lego store today (dont get to go often). Is it just that the xwing has larger peices. More rares. It does not have any exclusive mini figs. Any insight before i skip it over the slave or ucs tie fighter

I sorry that I can't answer your question, but I think this question suits better in the " Post Your general Star Wars question here" thread in the Lego Star Wars forum.

It's a good question ! The Xwing is actually very expensive in terms of parts / minifigs / weight ...

Hi lanesteele240, I don't think that there's any logic to be honest. TLG appear to have set a 'standard' RRP for the current UCS fighters/ships and, if I recall correctly, the B-Wing was also the same. I have both the X-Wing and Slave 1 and I much prefer the latter, despite the problems with it. It's really interesting to build, looks amazing and the artwork on the box is beautiful!

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

On shop.lego.com, it says that the death star is sold out, but "We are currently making more, so please check back soon for availability." I was wondering if this means that they are making more of the exact same set, or a new version of it, as some people have been speculating.

On shop.lego.com, it says that the death star is sold out, but "We are currently making more, so please check back soon for availability." I was wondering if this means that they are making more of the exact same set, or a new version of it, as some people have been speculating.

More of the same set.

It doesnt rule out a new death star somewhere in the future, but a notice like that in the shop just means that specific set will be made more off

Okay, so here's another link to the Hoth preview video from this past summer.

Does anyone know who's the Rebel pilot in this video? (Is the helmet a design from the movie, perhaps Hobbie or Jansen?) I'd like to maintain my collection of every Rebel pilot helmet, but after the outstanding new visor design in Poe's X-wing Fighter, I fear that they will all be outmoded and redesigned...

Thanks!

More of the same set.

It doesnt rule out a new death star somewhere in the future, but a notice like that in the shop just means that specific set will be made more off

Thanks. Do you think there will be more made before November?

Does anyone know who's the Rebel pilot in this video? (Is the helmet a design from the movie, perhaps Hobbie or Jansen?) I'd like to maintain my collection of every Rebel pilot helmet, but after the outstanding new visor design in Poe's X-wing Fighter, I fear that they will all be outmoded and redesigned...

Thanks!

The helmet design looks kinda like Biggs Darklighter's helmet, but he died in ANH, I think it is probably supposed to be a generic pilot.

Thanks!

I wouldnt personally worry too much... While i really like the new ones due to their visors, i also think the current/old ones are still really good and readily available. The new ones i can imagine being quite expensive for quite a while, and only in expensive sets for a while...

It's definitely Wes Janson in the video. The pattern as well as the position of the yellow strip down the centre of the middle portion of the helmet matches:

21158555704_78594ac116_z.jpg

Higgs helmet has much smaller squares on there.

I'd also say that the helmet mould for the OT pilots is pretty much perfect as it is... Adding the visor would be a nice addition I suppose but not really necessary... the printing on one side of the face works well enough as most of those pilots are fairly generic.

Edited by Robianco

Thanks, everyone, for the replies! Robianco, that picture comparison was way beyond what I was expecting! :blush:

I guess what I'm saying is that I hope TLG releases that particular helmet in the old style, because I'd hate to have Wes Janson (or any other pilot) look totally odd next to his fellows. It would almost be like yellow figs vs. fleshies again (okay, not quite). Anyway, it doesn't matter all that much. I have to remind myself, these are toys, not movie props. :laugh: