XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Ahaha yes I meant 5000 :p Ok well I'll be careful then thanks :)

Goodluck, and have fun :thumbup:

Almost any dedicated toystore (and really, even supermarkets) should have more than enough sets of various pricepoints to get started, and especially if cost is a concern I would initially stick to buying stuff in a physical store as postal fees tend to add up very quickly. You might also get some pointers from the staff.

BrickLink is nice and all (though personally I prefer BrickOwl as it has a much more buyer-friendly interface even if the selection is not as great) but it's not something I would recommend to anyone only getting familiar with Lego in general. Online marketplaces are great for finding out-of-production sets and spare parts, but it's hardly necessary when you're only starting your collection. Honestly, BrickLink could even seem a little intimidating at first.

Hi angiedu75, and welcome to Eurobricks!

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it in a bit :classic:

In reply to your question, the Star Wars 'Visual Dictionary' may be a good starting point and it includes a list of all sets, apart from the very latest ones (link here). If you're looking to buy current sets, websites like Amazon often have them at 20-40% off, so it's well worth looking around. Discontinued sets are often more expensive, but you can sometimes find good deals on Ebay and Bricklink. However, as with anything, just have a good look at the feedback first!

Almost any dedicated toystore (and really, even supermarkets) should have more than enough sets of various pricepoints to get started, and especially if cost is a concern I would initially stick to buying stuff in a physical store as postal fees tend to add up very quickly. You might also get some pointers from the staff.

BrickLink is nice and all (though personally I prefer BrickOwl as it has a much more buyer-friendly interface even if the selection is not as great) but it's not something I would recommend to anyone only getting familiar with Lego in general. Online marketplaces are great for finding out-of-production sets and spare parts, but it's hardly necessary when you're only starting your collection. Honestly, BrickLink could even seem a little intimidating at first.

Yeah, I forgot about that. When I first started using Bricklink, it was indeed a bit menacing. Physical stores are indeed better when starting... But the people in the store do look very odd at you, being a 2 meter tall metalhead, browsing through the Lego aisle... But that's just me :grin:

Edit - Also, is the Review index vastly out of date, or have people simply stopped doing pictorial reviews because youtube?

A little bit of both.

If I'm looking at building a diorama, what's the cheapest method if getting all these bricks? I mean sets just aren't cutting it, it is really to upstairs start bulk buing the part?

Is that what everyone else does until they reach a critical mass of Lego?

Bricklink, lots by the KG on ebay (try not to get ripped off), etc. Basically the answer is second-hand bricks.

Hey - this is a general question, but also heavily related to star wars lego MOCing. What's the general opinion on using a few special effects on MOC photos? In particular, I like to use an iOS app called 'Laser Sword photo editor fx' which enables you to add lightsaber effects (like below - this one's a bit scrappy, I just did it real quick). I know this is achieving an effect with a bit of a cheat, but is it 'legal' or a bit frowned upon?

20060751655_66e778ce28_z.jpg

Hi Richpepperell, for MOCs or Star Wars-related photos it's absolutely fine, and I don't think that anyone would 'frown' upon it. The only time it might not be allowed is during competitions and that would be clearly stated in the rules, although we usually allow one 'full edit' per entry. I hope that helps :classic:

Did anyone bought a minifig keychain and took of the chain and pin?

How does it look? And is there any other problems other then not being able to take off the head?

I wanted to buy a Darth Maul keychain to finaly have a minifig of him.

There are various tutorials on YouTube and such on removing the pin from keychain minifigs, which should also give you an idea of what it looks like. The hole left behind is quite obvious, and keychain figs also have their legs glued on at the hip. They do retain all the normal range of motion, though.

Did anyone bought a minifig keychain and took of the chain and pin?

How does it look? And is there any other problems other then not being able to take off the head?

I wanted to buy a Darth Maul keychain to finaly have a minifig of him.

I have bought a couple of R2D2s, C3POs, Ewoks and one Chewbacca keychains to remove the pin and add them to different displays.

I usually take a couple of pliers, remove the chain and then pull the pin with enough force to remove it completely.

Yes, there will be a hole on top of the minifigure but it's not present enough to ruin it.

Regarding the january 2016 wave:

Am I correct that there won't be sets in this wave that are over 100 euros/dollars as winter waves are cheaper? (In other words: no more than 1000 pieces) And that all the non-microfighter/battlepack sets will have prices/brickcounts similar to this years winter wave?

I've tried looking for some examples, I'm trying to figure out how to make an angled stand, like that of the slave 1 or rebel speeder, so the ssd is angled instead og being just... Flat.

Are there some guides on how to make angels stands?

Is the new Infiltrator worth to get if you already have the 2011 set? It sure looks better, but it's a lot more expensive (I could sell the 2011 one, as it's still sealed).

Hola, tengo un 10179 Halcón Milenario y quiero vender y me gustaría saber el precio ahora, ya que es un elemento muy especial. Lo tengo montado con el manual y la placa.

¡Gracias!

post-142468-0-25105800-1438689754_thumb.png

Translation: Hello , I have a 10179 Millennium Falcon and want to sell and want to know the price now , because it is a very special element . What I have mounted with the manual and the plate.

Thank you!

No idea on prices, everything I see is crazy (£2,200+) but that is eBay, Amazon, etc.

Hi PeCaxFatality, and welcome to Eurobricks!

For future reference there's a Q&A thread pinned to the top of this forum. I'll merge your thread with it in a bit :classic:

I'd have a look at Bricklink or Ebay which should give you an indication of what it's currently worth. Obviously a lot will depend on the condition of it, manual etc. Please note that we only allow you to advertise items on Eurobricks once you've made 100 posts, as explained in this thread (link).

Cheers, Robin

Is the new Infiltrator worth to get if you already have the 2011 set? It sure looks better, but it's a lot more expensive (I could sell the 2011 one, as it's still sealed).

If you want a Watto minifigure,the new Darth Maul minifigure,and you hate the look of the 2011 Sith Infitltrator,that is the set for you.

But be ready to have enough money in your wallet,because you may found the price is ridiculous.

If you like it,get it.

If you don't like it,get a cheaper set and a battle pack.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Anyone have any recommendations on printed legs for Bossk? The unprinted legs that come with him just make him look unfinished to me.