XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi all!

I am wondering how iconic would one consider the Death Star in the Star Wars universe?

The reason I am asking is because, I am a fan of LEGO, however, I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies, and I am trying to convince myself to whether or not get the Death Star. So in case if I do watch Star Wars and I become a fan, I would have a copy of the Death Star (in case if it retires)

It's iconic, but not as iconic as (for instance) the Millennium Falcon, an X-Wing and Darth Vader.

Now get offline and watch the original trilogy! ;)

Hi billli, and welcome to the Star Wars forum!

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

In reply to your question, I totally agree with Jedi-Bendu. It's iconic, but not in quite the same league as the X-Wing, Falcon or Slave 1. It looks like the DS may be finally on it's way out of production after 7 years, so if you're tempted it may be a good time to get one.

It may be about to retire, but it's a pretty old set by now and you might like a starship better. Watch Star Wars first, and see what you like best.

If you end up preferring the Milennium Falcon, you might wanna save up a little for the new MF set coming out in September...

It may be based on the new film, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, but still the only difference is the replacement for the radar dish.

I got yesterday the new catalog in the toyshop and I saw that 75053 the Ghost not anymore.

Did it sold so bad? I find it strange that they didn't make this set some longer as long as the Rebels cartoon is on.

I got yesterday the new catalog in the toyshop and I saw that 75053 the Ghost not anymore.

Did it sold so bad? I find it strange that they didn't make this set some longer as long as the Rebels cartoon is on.

I don't think that they've sold well. The Ghost and Phantom have both been heavily discounted in the UK, for example the Phantom has been widely available at 45% off this week and it's still available even then, which is unusual for a SW set. My guess is that it's partly due to modest sales, but also because the new wave of Episode 7 sets is due shortly so they're making room for them.

The Death Star is iconic more as a place and a thing than as a ship. So much so that it has entered the international pop culture. Yeah the Falcon and X Wing are more iconic ships. But the Death Star is the big bad. It is the Empire. Add to this that the Death Star set is one of the top contenders for all time greatest Lego sets ever made, and you have a product worth considering.

As a UCS set, does the Sandcrawler look hugely out of scale when compared to normal sets, or does it fit in okay?

Thanks

As a UCS set, does the Sandcrawler look hugely out of scale when compared to normal sets, or does it fit in okay?

Thanks

Yes,75059 Sandcrawler is been out of scale compared in the movie.But if you think from a certain point of view,it actually make sense.

According to the Wookiepedia,the Sandcrawler has a length of 40 meters in the movie.And if TLC scale the model down like how the real Sandcrawler compared to the real people.it will been way too big and make it been difficult to build with regular Lego bricks.

I'd say the opposite, the Death Star is more iconic than the other ships.

This is from the day before yesterday.

ajnXDz1_700b.jpg

It is sold out on Lego shop@home and according to the guys on brickshow it has retired. But why would you buy a $300+ set if you haven't even seen Star Wars and therefore "don't know how iconic it is or if you would be a fan"? Reseller perhaps trying to gauge the market?

It is sold out on Lego shop@home and according to the guys on brickshow it has retired. But why would you buy a $300+ set if you haven't even seen Star Wars and therefore "don't know how iconic it is or if you would be a fan"? Reseller perhaps trying to gauge the market?

Probably. I think his avatar of a ruby gem speaks volumes. :tongue:

It still available on the Canadian Shop at Home, Wal Mart and TRU webiste.

I think the set sold well where it was the normal price (399,99) but other places like here (it's 499.99$ +15%) and country where lego is very expensive it did badly.

I'm a Rails developer and that's the logo for Ruby.

I've been a fan of Stargate, Star Trek, Andromeda, I don't have a reason why I never seen any Starwars films.

Anyhow, yes, in the worst case, I will flip it and sell it in the future. But otherwise I will a set with a very high brick count and challenge build.

Does anyone know how to modify 75078 Imperial Troop Transport? Basically the likes of adding a cockpit and well, making it bigger and more accurate from Rebels.

Thanks in advanced

Does anyone know how to modify 75078 Imperial Troop Transport? Basically the likes of adding a cockpit and well, making it bigger and more accurate from Rebels.

Thanks in advanced

I wouldn't bother trying to modify it. I would get at least 4 or more and then just try to make one from those parts and then whatever spares you have. If you really want to just use those, I would keep one intact to look at, and then just use the other ones to replicate the design but larger. I hope this helps!

Thanks in advanced

I mooshed two of them together and added 5 or so parts to get a decent build. Nothing amazing, but roughly there.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111408&hl=

Lego 75025 Jedi Defender class cruiser, 75054 imperial at at, or 75055 imperial star destroyer. Help me as a lego fan, as i equally love the otc as i do the eu old republic game.