XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Gentlemen...I need some advice here....

The 10198 Tantive IV; is it worth € 190/200 in a used and built state?

That seems to be the going rate for one. Not a bad price if you can get it for $200.00 shipped, although if you are willing to spend another $50.00 you can get one sealed.

Gentlemen...I need some advice here....

The 10198 Tantive IV; is it worth € 190/200 in a used and built state?

<p>Does anybody know why there are two versions of the Ezra’s Speeder Bike set 75090? I know the difference between them, one has 253 pieces and the other has 267 pieces. The assembly of the poles on the front of the bikes is the only difference between the two versions. Just curious why they made two different versions.

Edited by JPN366

Thnx. I agree with you on the ISD, doesnt look very good from the inside. I'm probably getting the Tydirium, great design and nice minifigure collection. :classic:
I've got all of those except the MTT and I'm still trying to track that one down. The ISD was really cool with the racked turbolaser batteries and the stickers I found useful enough to order more from bricklink. The Tyderium is cool, but still no side printing for Han's pants and they're still giving him Henry Jones hair. Leia's fantastic, and so are the rebel troopers. The Jedi Cruiser I think is a must. Low-ish score on play features, but such a cool build, and the figs are awesome. Ghost and Phantom were interesting, I'm going to try my hand at mocing the Ghost and building a small fleet of that ship to go with my YT 1300 variants. I've built the new Naboo fighter, I like the set, but they could have included either the female pilot or the black pilot this time. I've also got the Imperial Assault Carrier waiting to be built. I was pretty jazzed about the droid and the mini TIE canopies.

I need some advice here.

Is they any good Lego Star Wars sets i can get below $25?

That depends on what you like (PT or OT, good guys or bad guys etc.). Generally there are battlepacks and microfighters, and a number of smaller builds (usually fighters) like the Jedi Interceptor. I would recommend General Grivous's Wheelbike, it is a nice combination of good looking build, playfeatures, and minifigs.

I need some advice here.

Is they any good Lego Star Wars sets i can get below $25?

All of these sets are from either this year or last year:

System-scale AAT. It's actually a pleasant surprise.

Any of the Microfighters. They're all enjoyable builds and fairly nice to display or play with.

As stated above, the Grievous Wheelbike.

The T-16 Skyhopper. The Tusken is an amazing minifig, and the set itself looks very nice.

Also, the new Flash Speeder is a very good set, but it's $30.

Does anyone know if there's a good way to keep your minifigure parts from cracking? A good deal of my clone trooper bodies have splits leading from their sides to their arms, and my Qui-Gon Jinn figure's head is split up the back.

Hi fellow forum membes!

I thought I'll build one of my UCS sets that I've put away since I havent had the room to have them built.

My idea was for you guys to decide what model I should build. The models to "vote" for are:

AT-ST

R2-D2

B-Wing

Red Five X-Wing

Sandcrawler

Also got some bigger sets, but rather let them marinate a bit?

SSD

Death Star II

Imperial Shuttle

All sets are new and sealed, thought I'll take some picture and share the build with you guys.

Edited by hallonsylt

Does anyone know if there's a good way to keep your minifigure parts from cracking? A good deal of my clone trooper bodies have splits leading from their sides to their arms, and my Qui-Gon Jinn figure's head is split up the back.

Keep them away from extreme temperatures, and take care if/when pulling them apart. I've never had anything crack/break except a small number of arms/sides due to arm removal.

Hi fellow forum membes!

I thought I'll build one of my UCS sets that I've put away since I havent had the room to have them built.

My idea was for you guys to decide what model I should build. The models to "vote" for are:

AT-ST

R2-D2

B-Wing

Red Five X-Wing

Sandcrawler

Also got some bigger sets, but rather let them marinate a bit?

SSD

Death Star II

Imperial Shuttle

All sets are new and sealed, thought I'll take some picture and share the build with you guys.

DS 2 would be fun to see being built!

Since there was not much interest and lack of time on my part, there was no build this weekend. I'll start building the Sandcrawler today tough. We'll see when it's done.

In a bit of a pickle. Walked into my local Lego store ready to get the Slave 1. Then I spotted the Red X-Wing in stock! They had 3 of them. Well that sure threw a wrench into my plans. I walked out with nothing because now I had no idea what to do. Thoughts?

if you plan to get an X-wing at some point get it earlier rather than later, slave 1 has an expected year still on the shelves while X-wing has already been out 2 years and has to be nearing EoL.

I like Imperial Snowtroopers. Alot.

Especially now with the Battlefront hype. Oh yes.

I've got as many as 9 of the Lego minifig Snowies at this time, and I think that's enough for me and my MOC's for photographs and scene making. But here's the deal; I see that a new variation is out. Mine are the old ones, the latest ones from before, with the helmet stuck to the backpack in a single piece. Leg joint in new gray color, arms in white.

But these new ones, are they aesthetically worth it? It's a bit of a challenge to choose. In one hand, I seem to like the new helmet and skirt cloth piece. On the other, I particularly hate the cheap, brick-built backpack. At least they get a printed tile, yeah?

Not to mention I can only get one in the Rebel Snowspeeder set, and three in the AT-AT. Might just order them separately online.

But again, are they worth it? Where do you stand?

It's a bit annoying seeing as these ''updates'' come all too often. Once I saw those updated TIE pilots that came with the Microfighters, I had to damn all my old pilots to oblivion. Obsolete, now, in my eyes. Annoying and yet delicious because I can't help but fall for all those new sexy details.

Edited by OldVagrant

I'm a big fan of the new ones, and I ordered a few online since they're not overly expensive.

I like the skirt cloth piece a lot. Although, I have seen a lot of pictures where people do not attach it correctly, so opinions on that may be unfairly divided. It should look like it does here: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Snowtrooper It should cover part of the front of the legs and be flush with the sides of the legs.

I think the backpack is alright. I always like to see big, one-piece molds divided into smaller, more commonly used pieces so long as it still looks alright.

The snowtrooper commander is great. He is the only figure, so far as I know, that has an Imperial Lieutenant's rank insignia. If only they came out with an Imperial Officer with that insignia, I'd be all over that.

Apart from the above, they are very similar to the old ones, which were pretty good looking figures when they came out. So, up to you.

Does anyone know what suitable parts to make a Carth Onasi from KoTOR I and II?

Head & hair are easiest: Dastan's head and either dark brown or reddish brown short tousled hair with side part, or same colors for the combed front-to-rear hair (I prefer the tousled, since he's got those stray strands that hang over his forehead and the tousled fits that a bit better...but otherwise his hair is pretty much combed back)

For legs, CMF Musketeer's would work fine (due to being primarily black with reddish-brown kneepads)

Torso's trickiest... some torso in Dark Orange probably would be best, tho there might be some skin showing on 'em. The back of Skiff Guard Lando, Bifur from the Hobbit (he's got that big furry collar, but it's printed very pixelated/blocky so it might pass as non-fur), one of the torsos from the Orient Adventurers, ROTS Nute Gunray, Captain Panaka... some would also need arm-swaps, too, to get dark orange arms.

It depends what you are using them for. I have approx 400 snowtroopers that I had for a Hoth MOC. I had a mixture, in that sort of scene it didnt really make a difference. My average buy price per ST was $3.50 and I bought all of them on ebay so they are still reasonably priced.

I would like for them to become cheaper, though - adding them to a battlepack someday would do the trick.

I remember one of the older variants of snowtroopers going for $1 to $2 each at minimum.

Personally, I say stick to the old Snowtroopers. The new ones look fantastic, but it really doesn't matter unless you want to do something where they take the helmets off. Or have their heads blown off. I figure the Rebels must have gotten one or two. :wink:

It depends what you are using them for. I have approx 400 snowtroopers that I had for a Hoth MOC. I had a mixture, in that sort of scene it didnt really make a difference. My average buy price per ST was $3.50 and I bought all of them on ebay so they are still reasonably priced.

Mostly aesthetic reasons, like posing in my AT-ST MOC. 10 to 20 should do, since I'll also use them to play-test a tabletop tactics game of mine in dev.

Right, another issue would surely be to wait for new ones to come out. But that seems kind of unlikely, since the coming sets will deal mostly (And fortunately) with Ep. VII material... Something I'm more than happy to accept. (I like the new Stormtrooper design.) So, maybe these will be the only classic triology Snowies we'll get for a long time.

I think I'll start buying soon then~