XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

And last does anyone know of any other webshop in the UK that stocks the Sandcrawler (apart from Smyths)?

Amazon.co.uk has it (3rd sellers).

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Amazon.co.uk has it (3rd sellers).

I've been looking around at options for it too. I'm not sure why, but I've loved the Sandcrawler ever since I saw it in the first film. I have almost decided on buying it, after a wobble caused by wondering whether to go for the UCS Slave 1 instead. I was hoping I might be able to shave a few pounds off the price because it's a LOT of money. The best bet for a saving seems to be ebay auctions at the moment, but even there it really is just a few pounds difference. I'm coming round to thinking that the Lego store during a double VIP points promotion or a decent figure promo is the best way of getting it.

THIS IS A SPOILER DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO (I'm new, I'm not sure how to use the spoiler hiding thingy)

But I'm sure we will see more of new mould Vader and his TIE advanced in the future thanks to his return to Star Wars Rebels!

THIS IS A SPOILER DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO

I recommend finding out how to use spoiler tags before posting like this... even with being new if you have to start a post like this then you probably shouldn't post it.

Edited by Robianco

I don't think the fact that Darth Vader will make an appearance in Rebels is a spoiler at all - it is to be expected and it would be shame if the writers of the show would miss the opportunity. It's as much a spoiler as the fact that the Millenium Falcon will make an appearance in Episode 7 - SPOILERS! :laugh:

Hey so I was searching through some old stuff and I found the Technic set 8007 (the Black and Gold C3PO) and I was wondering if its really worth anything. I have the box, the instructions, an old catalog the sticker sheet, all pieces! If anyone knows its rarity or would like to purchase it let me know!

Does anyone know whether john lewis ever stocked the dest star, ewok village or sand crawler?

Thanks

Does anyone know whether john lewis ever stocked the dest star, ewok village or sand crawler?

Thanks

I have never seen any of these in the John Lewis stores near me, not even in the store on Oxford street London. I know they do big sets from the Creator line (the Modulars), but thats it.

My first post. I have been unable to locate a definitive answer to my question on this site or elsewhere. If one exists please point me in the right direction. My question refers to part # 4095 in light bluish grey and two part # 2555 in dark bluish grey which appear in several production photos of the set (most significantly the front of the box itself) but very rarely on actual pictures of an assembled set. It is conspicuously absent from the inside of the manual, where I'd expect to see it on page 249, step 14 of the manual (if the approximate mirroring of the opposite side follows suit). If the front of the box is correct the set contains 28 pieces of 4095. If one follows the instructions it contains 27 pieces of 4095. If one refers to the back of the manual the number is back to 28. I guess my exact question is which version is correct? The one depicted on the cover of the box, or the one depicted inside the manual that came inside said box? The review of the set on this site shows a picture of the pieces in his extra pieces pile. Bricklink doesn't list the 4095 as an extra piece. Normally, probably no big deal, but considering the high-profile nature of this set and the fact that piece 4095 is a $3 discontinued part it seemed noteworthy to me. Are people buying "100% complete" sets on bricklink and eBay with or without these 3 pieces?

My first post. I have been unable to locate a definitive answer to my question on this site or elsewhere. If one exists please point me in the right direction. My question refers to part # 4095 in light bluish grey and two part # 2555 in dark bluish grey which appear in several production photos of the set (most significantly the front of the box itself) but very rarely on actual pictures of an assembled set. It is conspicuously absent from the inside of the manual, where I'd expect to see it on page 249, step 14 of the manual (if the approximate mirroring of the opposite side follows suit). If the front of the box is correct the set contains 28 pieces of 4095. If one follows the instructions it contains 27 pieces of 4095. If one refers to the back of the manual the number is back to 28. I guess my exact question is which version is correct? The one depicted on the cover of the box, or the one depicted inside the manual that came inside said box? The review of the set on this site shows a picture of the pieces in his extra pieces pile. Bricklink doesn't list the 4095 as an extra piece. Normally, probably no big deal, but considering the high-profile nature of this set and the fact that piece 4095 is a $3 discontinued part it seemed noteworthy to me. Are people buying "100% complete" sets on bricklink and eBay with or without these 3 pieces?

I merged your question here. You might get more responses having it the proper forum.

I merged your question here. You might get more responses having it the proper forum.

Im assuming we lost valuable info in your merge, which set is this in reference to?

Anyone know of the status of the UCS X wing? Is it officially discontinued?

I have one on order through Legoshop, but it's backordered and supposed to ship within the month. On Tuesday I was at my local Lego Store and they had a few in stock, was thinking I should have just bought one there and canceled my online order.

I'm thinking about how to obtain The Inquisitor (with his lightsaber) for my collection, what would be the best/cheapest way of going about it? Am I better off buying 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype (maybe at a discount since £40 is quite a steep price for it!) for him and just selling off the rest of the stuff from the set I don't want, or do I just spend £10-£12 or so for him (and the saber hilt) via Bricklink? I don't mind doing either, just wondering what was best.

I'm thinking about how to obtain The Inquisitor (with his lightsaber) for my collection, what would be the best/cheapest way of going about it? Am I better off buying 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype (maybe at a discount since £40 is quite a steep price for it!) for him and just selling off the rest of the stuff from the set I don't want, or do I just spend £10-£12 or so for him (and the saber hilt) via Bricklink? I don't mind doing either, just wondering what was best.

I guess it depends, Do you like the Tie and dont mind spending the money on it? Then go for it. Don't you like the Tie? Then go for the minifigure with Saber only. :)

I guess it depends, Do you like the Tie and dont mind spending the money on it? Then go for it. Don't you like the Tie? Then go for the minifigure with Saber only. :)

That's what I can't decide. I do like the ship, but I don't think I like it enough to spend £40 on it (if it were £30, that's a different story!). A friend of mine who reviews Star Wars sets for Brickset did say the set was overpriced at UK retail, so I can't decide whether to wait for a discount on it, or just buy the Inquisitor. At the end of the day, I've got to try and save money as there's about 20 sets I want that have a higher priority than the TIE Advanced, so it'll probably be just buying the Inquisitor by itself :classic:

That's what I can't decide. I do like the ship, but I don't think I like it enough to spend £40 on it (if it were £30, that's a different story!). A friend of mine who reviews Star Wars sets for Brickset did say the set was overpriced at UK retail, so I can't decide whether to wait for a discount on it, or just buy the Inquisitor. At the end of the day, I've got to try and save money as there's about 20 sets I want that have a higher priority than the TIE Advanced, so it'll probably be just buying the Inquisitor by itself :classic:

Then I would definitely go for just the Inquisitor.

I had a similair situation in which I really wanted the T7-01 droid, but wasn't sure if I wanted the Republic Starfighter. Eventually I decided to got for just the droid. :classic:

Edited by Kelso

In the new Rebels series you can see a lot of the stormtroopers wearing pauldrons. I know that orange is a squad leader and white is a sergeant and that black is some sort of enlisted rank, but what does that last one mean?

I want to know this because i'm going to order some pauldron pieces and if the black one is a more common rank, i'm going to order some extra. :tongue:

I heard that they represent senior non-commissioned officers.

And we are a crusty and disgruntled lot.

Below is the ranking of pauldrons based on many different variables. Black, for instance is only for generic "enlisted rank" sandtroopers. While Orange can be Squad Leader(sandtrooper), E-11 equiped Field Trooper, Captain (stromtrooper) and also Normally warn by Imperial Marines.

Designations

Sandtrooper pauldrons designated the following:

• Black - Enlisted ranks
  • White - Sergeant
  • Orange - Squad Leader

Field Trooper pauldrons designated the following:

• Orange- E-11 equipped Field Trooper
  • Yellow - Rail detonator equipped Field Trooper
  • Red - Imperial Repeater Rifle equipped Field Trooper

Imperial Marines and Imperial shock trooper pauldrons designated the following:

• Orange - The normal color worn by these units. Orange colored pauldron was also standard equipped on the stormtrooper backpack

Some regular stormtrooper units from around 1.5 years ABY had pauldrons that designated the following:

• Gray - Bombardier
  • Yellow - Rifleman
  • Red - Medic
  • Blue - Sniper
  • Orange - Captain

Edited by GallardoLU

And we are a crusty and disgruntled lot.

LOL, too true. One of the best examples is from "We were soldiers"

Private: "Good morning Sergeant Major, beautiful day isn't it?!?"

Sergeant Major: "What are you, the %*$ weather man?"

I'm curious to see if TLG starts using pauldrons on the stormies. I kinda think they look silly on anything but sand troopers.

So they definitely hold a more common rank, that's great. :classic:

I think they will look a little odd on regular stromtroopers too, but I like to give them a little bit of variation.

Thank you for the fast reply's. :wink:

In the new Rebels series you can see a lot of the stormtroopers wearing pauldrons. I know that orange is a squad leader and white is a sergeant and that black is some sort of enlisted rank, but what does that last one mean?

I want to know this because i'm going to order some pauldron pieces and if the black one is a more common rank, i'm going to order some extra. :tongue:

It's some form of rank system:

Black - Normal Stormtrooper

White - Sergeant

Orange - Squad Leader

There's not much logic to their use, the Sandtroopers use them, but the Stormtroopers that use them in 'Rebels' seem to be elite Stormtroopers of some form or another.

To further complicate things, the Snowtroopers wear the standard rank badges worn by the Imperial Officers. Death Star Gunners also wear a black pauldron, however they wear it like a bib rather than on their shoulder.