XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I recently got the spring catalog in, (which has the new sw sets)and two that caught my eye were the vulture droid and the grievous bike. (Both of which are major improvements over their predecessors IMO) although I really only want to spend the money on one. Any suggestions?

Wheelbike, because General Grievous + Obi-Wan >>> a pilot droid and a Neimoidian

Wheelbike, because General Grievous + Obi-Wan >>> a pilot droid and a Neimoidian

I'm not overly concerned with the figures, I'm looking for a good build / display piece. I appreciate the input though. :classic:

I just started building the UCS Imperial Shuttle, and I've seen reviews and articles about Lego bricks yellowing with age. Is this something to really be concerned about and I should keep everything in a dark room, or is it something that takes years to manifest and is only an issue for the most serious collectors?

I just started building the UCS Imperial Shuttle, and I've seen reviews and articles about Lego bricks yellowing with age. Is this something to really be concerned about and I should keep everything in a dark room, or is it something that takes years to manifest and is only an issue for the most serious collectors?

The serious yellowing is primarily something that happened to older bricks; newer bricks no longer have the bromine fire retardant that reacts to eventually cause the yellowing. With newer bricks, there have been claims of bricks cracking from either being in the sunlight or being assembled for too long, and there have been claims of bricks turning slightly yellow in the sunlight, but in my experience it's nothing too serious. You can keep your set disassembled in air-tight bags filled with an inert gas in a dark, climate-controlled room, but unless you plan to sell the set later to a similarly serious collector, all you're doing is depriving yourself of enjoying the set.

As a second general rule, I'd recommend to set priorities. Do you want sets simply because you like to own them? In this case you can buy whatever you want. Do you want sets from certain scenes, and do you have limited resources? In this case you have to set clear priorities.

And, as a third general rule, do not spent time or money on sets that were discontinued. In my experience, most of the times, it simply doesn't pay off.

Thank you Bothan Spy#5 for this suggestion. I am very new to this SW collecting stage and I do limit my purchases to used sets from CL. I am now at the stage where my display cabinet is full but I want to also limit my display to sets that has more than 500 pieces.

My question is on your "Third General Rule" did you mean basically financial payoff in terms of selling it again? Thanks for clarifying. I do find some duplicate sets and sometimes when I get the older sets I tend to like them more than the new set of the same model

Does someone want to help me and could provide me that number? It would be immensely appreciated! :sweet:

[snip]

Not much of help in my reply but I thought that would be "nice" to have as an error to TLG printing, come to think of it how many clones they have made and then u get a wrong helmet print. Seems rare enough to be collected :)

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

Can a mini figure expert tell me if any of the mini figures that come with the micro fighters are different to previous figures? I'm not really a huge fan of the micro fighters but if they have mini figures that I can't get elsewhere then I will buy them.

Thanks

The Clone Trooper is new, as is the X-Wing Pilot (Theron Nett) and the Imperial Crew Member (but he comes in the Imperial Star Destroyer later this year). The TIE Interceptor Pilot might be new, but I'm not sure.

Can a mini figure expert tell me if any of the mini figures that come with the micro fighters are different to previous figures? I'm not really a huge fan of the micro fighters but if they have mini figures that I can't get elsewhere then I will buy them.

Thanks

I own them all, and I can say you they are all new, except for the battle droid.

MF: Han solo new head and pants

X-wing: every part in the pilot is new, as is the astromech dome.

Tie: the torso and helmet are the same as in the planet set of the tie bomber. He has a new head combination, it's just the stupid looking PT clone head. The pants are printed as the DS BP gunners.

ISD: new torso, same pants as DS gunner, same face as DS gunner.

CTT: new pants and helmet, torso is same as EPII CT torso.

AAT: no changes in the droid.

I hope that helps :)

I own them all, and I can say you they are all new, except for the battle droid.

MF: Han solo new head and pants

X-wing: every part in the pilot is new, as is the astromech dome.

Tie: the torso and helmet are the same as in the planet set of the tie bomber. He has a new head combination, it's just the stupid looking PT clone head. The pants are printed as the DS BP gunners.

ISD: new torso, same pants as DS gunner, same face as DS gunner.

CTT: new pants and helmet, torso is same as EPII CT torso.

AAT: no changes in the droid.

I hope that helps :)

Thanks mate.

Hello, I'm trying to build a diorama based on the duel on Mustafar in Episode III, basically the part where they're on objects floating over lava, and I want the base to be 40 studs long and 24 studs wide. I also want it to be strong enough to pick up by either two opposing edges without it collapsing or bending significantly. I have two designs, one which is 3 layers of pure plates organized to support eachother, and one which is composed of 20 technic open frames with holes on every side. I've attached two LDD files, one for each design,, and I'd like to know how strong you think each one would be, and which, if any, would be stable enough to transport around very frequently. Thankyou.

*NOTE: I intend to put large plates on the one composed of technic frames to create more stability.

MUSTAFAR2.lxf

mustafar duel base.lxf

Edited by OBI-WAN37

Hallo,

I was looking for some custom made cloth for my clone troopers and remembered that I came across this website once, http://www.mmcbcapes.com.au/. Unfortunally its closed for a while now and I really liked these designs, still hoping they will reopen...

Can anyone tell me where I could find some more, or does anyone know the person making these?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

snip

Try here: www.capes4minifigs.com. I had some Batman capes from them recently and although they're not the same material as Lego capes (different texture on either side) the quality is VERY good.

Discussing darth revan in the rumours thread, EB member darth malgus summed him up in what appeared to be . Really interesting short summary that got my interest in him. Ive not read any of the EU stuff, iI there a book specifically following revan that literally tells his whole story?

Discussing darth revan in the rumours thread, EB member darth malgus summed him up in what appeared to be . Really interesting short summary that got my interest in him. Ive not read any of the EU stuff, iI there a book specifically following revan that literally tells his whole story?

better: there's a webpage! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

Holy mother of Jeebus!

Wow... Id kinda liked it to be wrapped up neatly in a book I can snuggle up to my gf with while reading :look:

Haha lol, thank you very much HJR, I'll get reading that asap :sweet:

:thumbup:

So... with unconfirmed rumours of a new/re-released UCS Falcon what will you be doing with your 10179? Will you keep it or sell it and gamble that a new one will be around?

I think the 10179 is fantastic, but the sad truth is I don't have the space to display it. That leaves me two options, sell it or keep it in the box in the closet...

I've decided to PAB and BL a Hoth Turret. Which one looks better on display, the 2007 Hoth Echo Base Turret or the 2009 Echo Base Turret?

I've decided to PAB and BL a Hoth Turret. Which one looks better on display, the 2007 Hoth Echo Base Turret or the 2009 Echo Base Turret?

They both look like crap. Personally, I think the 2007 one looks better. Though I think one could better MOC a turret.

Hi I'm a new member of the forum. I particularly like Lego Star Wars so was wondering what some of your opinions were on these sets?

I'm looking to buy a lego Star Wars set in any range between £200-300/ $250-350 and was wondering what to get based on the experience from some of you guys here in the forum. The sets I like are the Imperial Shuttle, Super star destroyer, Sandcrawler (out in may), and the Death Star. I want to hear your opinions on what is the best to get, if you have any other suggestions than these then please put them. By the way they don't have to be out, they can be retired as long as they still fit within the price bracket.

Thanks

Shadow_shock118

Not sure you will get an Imperial Shuttle within that price range. They tend to go for over £300. The UCS Star destroyer for even more.

Its all depends on what you like, If you like Mini figures then the Ewok Village or Death Star would be a good place to start. If you prefer big ships etc then I would go for Tantive IV, great model and detail. Should be able to pick one up from about £199. The Sandcrawler looks great too.