XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Where can you get it for 150 euro?

Bricklink. New and sealed, there's several shops who sell it for approx €150 (+ shipping).

So would it be cheaper to buy 8129 now before the releaese of the new AT-AT this summer(winter 4 me), or after its release? I really want 8129, and i plan to buy the new one aswell. Also is it worth buying a MISB or used?

It would more likely be cheaper after the release of the newer one because once the new one comes out the sales of the previous version will go down since not as many people will want to buy it. Personally I'd buy a used version of the older one, but that has to do with my opinion since in my opinion it's not worth the money sealed. Just find a used one in good condition and I'm sure it will be as good as if it was sealed, just my two cents. Hope this helped.

Hey bjorn77, I would pick this up is you can get it at $150. I bought it when it came out and was very pleased with the build and final product. I was only disappointed with the lack of functions as when they announced that R2 is coming to AFOL's in UCS form I was expecting power functions or at least a sound brick. But alas we didn't get it :hmpf_bad: . Once built I enjoyed the build process with interesting techniques and as Fuppylodders said its a nice display size and dose look great out on display. I own over 100 SW Lego sets and this is one of my favourite, only UCS R2 and the UCS Imperial Shuttle are on display and the rest are packed away in storage.

Hope this helps make your decision.

Its a great set! The thin (relative to legs) body put me off a little at first, but I bought UCS R2 and have not regretted it. The legs are exquiste; very well done. The blockiness of the body is not bothersome, the blockiness of the head bothers me a small amount. Overall, its a wonderful display piece. I have "spot light" display area where once a month or so I rotate in a new (or old!) set, or small sets for a scene, for all visitors to the house to see. R2 is a favorite of the casual and even non-LEGO fans.

Yes, the blocky head is my biggest grippe. I know it's possible to create a smoother lego sphere, although it requires more, thinner parts, and a longer build time. Guess it would have made the set too expensive and difficult to build. Here's one of my favorite spherical examples, the size is qbout the same as R2's head:

http://www.glalonde.com/?panel=Artistic&tab=Lego+Tennis+Ball

I have it & the blockiness does not bother me at all. My only complaint is there is not many features or moving parts to mess about with. I would definately get it for €150

I bought it for €150 from a Romanian bricklink store. Shipping was an additional hefty €30, but even with shipping included the total is still almost €50 less than in the original Lego online store. Lego is crazy expensive in Sweden. Hopefully it will be worth the money.

Edited by bjorn77

But i wanted to know if it is cheaper to buy 8129 before the new one is released?

I'd personally buy second hand as well. The prices will go down, as mentioned previously, and simply, just give all the pieces a clean in some soapy water with a toothbrush. You'll feel better about it too and feel its actually yours and fresh than someone elses :laugh:

Is the white assassin droid in The Death Star based on one appearing there in the films? I don't recall seeing one!

I believe its supposed to be IG-88.

Then it should be IG-88A, the only one that has ever been on a Death Star (the 2nd Death Star)

I'd personally buy second hand as well. The prices will go down, as mentioned previously, and simply, just give all the pieces a clean in some soapy water with a toothbrush. You'll feel better about it too and feel its actually yours and fresh than someone elses :laugh:

It would more likely be cheaper after the release of the newer one because once the new one comes out the sales of the previous version will go down since not as many people will want to buy it. Personally I'd buy a used version of the older one, but that has to do with my opinion since in my opinion it's not worth the money sealed. Just find a used one in good condition and I'm sure it will be as good as if it was sealed, just my two cents. Hope this helped.

Thank you both! I guess i will have to wait till the summer wave is released then and see if the price drops at all. I had a bit of a look on bricklink to see prices of 8129 used and really i think if i get one for under $300AUD including shipping then i have done alright.

I reccomend it as a trophy piece it does lack a few functions but I love mine and if Yodas bust is anything to go by he should have some worth in a few years

I would highly recommend it. The idea of a 12" Lego R2 was good enough to me that it warranted a purchase and I certainly don't regret it. People are so used to seeing Lego buildings and vehicles, that something like this generally surprises the casual observer.

I have yet to build mine but I absolutely cannot wait. I expect it to be a hidden gem for me like Obi Wan's Starfighter was.

You people who own the UCS R2-D2, would you recommend me to buy it? It seems like a fun build of an iconic Star Wars character, but I'm a bit put off by its blockiness and narrow body. That's why I never bought it when it was released. But lately I have been reconsidering a purchase, for €150 it's a good price per piece ratio too. Please advice! :)

I'll merge this with General Questions...

...and done.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what colour a generic imperial base should be? I was thinking grey or white with black here and there for inside, but I can't find Design ID 4460 in Medium Grey for the exterior design I have in mind, so I'm unsure as to what colour the exterior should be instead.

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

I think the bleys are most suited as base colours for imperial base use. Too much white might will give it more of a rebel or cloud city feeling.

Check out variants 4460a and 4460b on Bricklink, available in both light and dark bluish gray (not sure what medium grey translates to).

Hi I was just wondering how, when you're buying individual pieces and non-sealed sets off of bricklink, do you know that the person hasn't simply used a 3D printer for the piece, or that it's a hand-made mod, or (for pieces that don't have the lego logo on them in the first place) that it's a decent-quality knock-off? Also, couldn't people just open a box, take the individual large loose pieces, swap them for fakes, put them back in the box, and sell the set years later at an outrageous price? However I am correct in assuming that people can't produce sealed lego parts bags on their own or simply reseal old ones on their own, right? Are their ways of telling what has still been kept sealed from the lego factories or what has been opened before or what parts are fake etc.? Or do people simply take their chances? I know these are a lot of questions, I really appreciate any help. :)

I've never had a problem with Bricklink purchases so far (touch wood). Just apply the usual caution that you would with other auction sites I suppose. Buy from reputable high feedback sellers. If a seller has a very large number of a particular figure for sale (especially when that figure is from a recent set) then be a bit careful. If the price of a piece is considerably lower than the average price then again be cautious.

Personally i also tend to stay away from Chinese sellers because the chance of a knock-off is higher. Dont get me wrong this is just a personal belief (based on the huge numbers of knock off items I have seen on ebay sold by Chinese/Hong Kong sellers) and I am not saying that all Chinese sellers are the same.

I think the bleys are most suited as base colours for imperial base use. Too much white might will give it more of a rebel or cloud city feeling.

Check out variants 4460a and 4460b on Bricklink, available in both light and dark bluish gray (not sure what medium grey translates to).

I'm just using Pick a Brick just now and it doesn't show up there except in Dark Stone Grey and White. I don't want to use Dark Grey so much since it looks a little too dark, and white as you said is a little too light, though it is growing on me.

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar