XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I am looking for a mini venator that will be in scale with the UCS Super Star Destroyer. It would have to be 7-8 studs long. Has anyone seen a custom like this or have any suggestions?

I have seen one in one of the UCS SSD threads, cant for the life of me remember whos though... Try Mortev's first, then you should find out in there who else has done a SSD and go from there. Sorry I can't provide more exact details :<

How many version of Darth Vader Clock?

One is called on Amazon (US): LEGO Kids' 9002113 Star Wars Darth Vader Mini-Figure Alarm Clock

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003M2C0Z6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The other is on the official Lego website: LEGO® Star Wars™ Darth Vader Minifigure Clock

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Minifigure-Clock-2856081

They look so similar to me but have different numbers. Does anyone know if they are the same? Thank you!

I saw two different pictures of the boxes on ebay. One has "5197 pieces" on the left side of the box, the other has "Official Limited First Edition" on the left bottom corner. Were there two different versions of this or they are just front and back sides of the box? Thanks!

The model is identical for each 'edition'. The first version was limited to 10,000; it included a COA & had a rebel insignia on the front (bottom-left) of the box. Later copies of the set didn't have this.

It's probably best to add any similar questions to the Star Wars Q & A thread (link here) rather than creating a new topic each time :wink:

Cheers, Robin

Robin. I just realize that there is another version which has neither "5197 pieces" nor "Official Limited First Edition" on the box. It only has the set number 10179 on the left of the box. Do you know which version is this one? Thank you so much! Sorry for too much question (I am so new to Lego and Star wars...)

hello there! long-time lurker, first-time poster ;)

I needed to order a bunch of spare-parts from TLG just last night, because they were missing from a used SW model I bought in the summer and only now had the time to build. As I ordered the parts I asked myself if anybody has tried to order all the parts for a UCS model through TLC? I know, there are some amazing guys who did that through bricklink, but I want to know if anybody did it via TLC and how expensive that would be for i.g. the millenium falcon or the SDD? thanks for reading!

Robin. I just realize that there is another version which has neither "5197 pieces" nor "Official Limited First Edition" on the box. It only has the set number 10179 on the left of the box. Do you know which version is this one? Thank you so much! Sorry for too much question (I am so new to Lego and Star wars...)

That sounds like a non-US set. Other countries don't have the same product labeling requirements, and so many LEGO sets will be sold in Europe, for example, in a box with much less text on it than the same set sold in the US. US boxes include things like the set name, the piece count and the suggested/recommended age range, but the European boxes might omit all that and feature just the LEGO logo, the theme name (Star Wars, City, Monster Fighters, whatever), and the set number.

hello there! long-time lurker, first-time poster ;)

I needed to order a bunch of spare-parts from TLG just last night, because they were missing from a used SW model I bought in the summer and only now had the time to build. As I ordered the parts I asked myself if anybody has tried to order all the parts for a UCS model through TLC? I know, there are some amazing guys who did that through bricklink, but I want to know if anybody did it via TLC and how expensive that would be for i.g. the millenium falcon or the SDD? thanks for reading!

Welcome :classic: Afaik, the answer to your question is "no", because there are too many parts that are not available via TLC.

That sounds like a non-US set. Other countries don't have the same product labeling requirements, and so many LEGO sets will be sold in Europe, for example, in a box with much less text on it than the same set sold in the US. US boxes include things like the set name, the piece count and the suggested/recommended age range, but the European boxes might omit all that and feature just the LEGO logo, the theme name (Star Wars, City, Monster Fighters, whatever), and the set number.

Thank you so much. So that version is not the one with certificate and number,right? And the "first limited edition" should be labeled if it has the certificate, right?

Thank you so much. So that version is not the one with certificate and number,right? And the "first limited edition" should be labeled if it has the certificate, right?

That I don't know. I'm sure all the first editions (the ones with the certificates) have something on the outside of the box noting that, but I'm not sure if they were offered in all countries. It could be that the first edition was offered only in the US, for example; I'm afraid I don't know whether that's the case or not.

This being Eurobricks, someone else here should know...

Welcome :classic: Afaik, the answer to your question is "no", because there are too many parts that are not available via TLC.

ok - thanks!

Back in January or Febuary of 2007 Lego shop@home put up a page to say you could pre-order the the new UCS 10179 Falcon and if you did so you would get one of the first run limited editions with a certificate.

This worked that you had to give a credit card to confirm the pre-order which would be charged then refunded at first then re-charged when the set shipped. At this time the shipping date was October of the same year so it was going to be a long wait.

Around the 20th of September 2007 people started getting the shipping notice from lego and sets started to arrive. These sets were the limited editions with the certificate. Some canceled orders may have meant some people were lucky enough to also get on soon after the first shippment but after that the sets produced no longer had the certificate or the limited edition seal on the front of the box.

I cant' help you out with first run numbers I am afraid. Maybe one of our Lego ambassadors could find out?

19000's is the highest I've ever noticed. I've been curious about the whole '1st production run' promotion of 10179. I've not come across any 'official' announcement that it was ever limited to the first 10,000 sets. Instead, that figure in general seems to be a self-perpetuating rumor amongst AFOL. My own set is numbered 12,189 but I'm also (as a collector) rather keen to know just how many 1st edition sets there are.

I'm thinking that figure is reaching 20,000 +

When this set first appeared on LEGO s@h in February 2007, up for pre-order but shipping end of September, it stated the first 10'000 orders would receive a limited first edition with a 'certificate of authenticity'. That's where this 'apparent' rumour comes from, so if you could post a picture of this certificate with a number over 10'000, I'd really appreciate it. It certainly has nothing to do with a self-perpetuating rumour, it was clearly stated on the s@h page back in February 2007 (and being 42 I'm don't have alzheimers yet :grin: , but the number 10'000 was there in black and white).

'Normal' Sets in Europe (except direct to customer-D2C sets) don't have piece counts on the box as in the USA, but in my opinion all D2C and UCS sets do (at least all of the ones I've bought here in Switzerland through normal retailers or over s@h) irrelavent of where they are sold, that's just the way these sets are packaged worldwide.

Back in January or Febuary of 2007 Lego shop@home put up a page to say you could pre-order the the new UCS 10179 Falcon and if you did so you would get one of the first run limited editions with a certificate.

I cant' help you out with first run numbers I am afraid. Maybe one of our Lego ambassadors could find out?

Yeah, that would be great if someone from LEGO or an Ambassador could shed some light on this issue.

regards

Edited by gratefulnat

Thank you so much! Robin. I am sorry about that... I am pretty new to eurobricks and also Star Wars forum... How should I move this?

I merged the topic for you. :classic:

And welcome to Eurobricks!

Hi

My 8 year old son has been going on about a lego starwars set that has one of the mini figures with a 'light up' lightsabre.... He recons it was about £50... (I know this is not much info)

Does anyone know what set he means?

I have trawled the lego website... with no luck....

Left an email with lego... no reply yet.....

Christmas is getting really close now...

Can anyone help..... Please.....

Edited by antd

My 8 year old son has been going on about a lego starwars set that has one of the mini figures with a 'light up' lightsabre.... He recons it was about £50... (I know this is not much info)

None of the Light Up Lightsabre sets are around anymore. May be try E-Bay or Amazon.

7257 Ultimate Lightsabre Duel

7261 Clone Turbo Tank (Issue 1, Issue 2 has a standard lightsabre for Mace).

7260 Wookiee Catamaran

7263 TIE Fighter

Hi

Does anyone know what set he means?

There were four sets released in 2005:

7263: http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=7263-1

7257: http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=7257-1

7260: http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=7260-1

7261: http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=7261-1

These are the only Star Wars sets that had minifigures with 'light up' light-sabers. You will only be able to find these sets on the second-hand market today (whether Ebay/Bricklink or any other on-line auction platforms), they are no longer available over the LEGO site as they are no longer in production!

As these sets are all 7 years old, I would only go for MISB (mint in sealed box = factory new) offers, to ensure that the light up function still works.

regards

Edited by gratefulnat

I merged the topic for you. :classic:

And welcome to Eurobricks!

Thank you, Piranha.

If no one answers my other question (darth vader clock), what should I do? So next time if I have any question, I should just post it here or start a seperate topic and you Will move it afterwards? Sorry for the trouble though.

I've tried searching for the answer to this one, and skimmed through this topic so I do appologise if I've missed it:

With regards to battledroids legs and their lack of movement - has anyone ever tried cutting through the joining feet to create two individual feet? If so, are the remaining feet flexible enough to move independently or too brittle?

I'm considering making a brickflick involving droids and it is an annoyance that they cannot really walk (other than the waddling from side to side option, which isnt too endearing!).

If anyone has any solutions, I'd be intregued to hear them!

Duck

I've tried searching for the answer to this one, and skimmed through this topic so I do appologise if I've missed it:

With regards to battledroids legs and their lack of movement - has anyone ever tried cutting through the joining feet to create two individual feet? If so, are the remaining feet flexible enough to move independently or too brittle?

I'm considering making a brickflick involving droids and it is an annoyance that they cannot really walk (other than the waddling from side to side option, which isnt too endearing!).

If anyone has any solutions, I'd be intregued to hear them!

Duck

I've seen that before on some flickr account, but I don't remember which one. It looked very fun!

Not exactly the image I looked for, but you can se this person did something with the legs, cutting them halfway.

5984892862_428efdc949_z.jpg

Edited by TWP

I did this a long time ago when I was still interested in customization:

1247251644m_SPLASH.jpg

Cut the legs in half. Cut two sets of arms in half, and keeping the four pieces that had the elbow, then sanded down the elbows and drilled holes through them to attach with a cut up piece of... something. (I don't remember what :blush: ) I assume that could be done with the knees, too, but I never tried. Cut the head off the neck, cut and sanded a 1x1 cone down to just the top hollow stud, glued said stud to the base of the head and inserted the neck into the stud.

And you can also do it with the Supers, if you apply more force to the knife:

1247460817m_SPLASH.jpg

Thank you, Piranha.

If no one answers my other question (darth vader clock), what should I do? So next time if I have any question, I should just post it here or start a seperate topic and you Will move it afterwards? Sorry for the trouble though.

No problem, if you have any future questions about anything LEGO Star Wars related, you should post them here, rather than a new topic. It keeps things cleaner and easier to follow.