XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

If you take the head off, is there a small bit of metal in the 'neck'? My first thought was that this was a keychain, and someone cut the ring off and then replaced the head and helmet with ones from a normal Snowie.

The part is listed on BL, but there's no availability info in that entry.

My first thought was that it was like what Brickdoctor said, a key chain. But wasn't originally a Snowtrooper. I remember a Stormtooper key chain having some kind of Lego logo on it. But for all I know, it could be someone just mixing parts around.

My question. I'm able to pick up a sealed 7662 in box for $300. The cheapest BL price for sealed is $420. But those prices just seem too high for what it actually is. Do you think it's a good deal?

(...)

My question. I'm able to pick up a sealed 7662 in box for $300. The cheapest BL price for sealed is $420. But those prices just seem too high for what it actually is. Do you think it's a good deal?

Wow that's quite a lot, but compared to the cheapest BL price it is still a steal. I can highly recommend the set, it is a great design and i don't see it lose its value anytime soon. It has been part of my collection for years and it still looks great among the newer additions.

If you take the head off, is there a small bit of metal in the 'neck'? My first thought was that this was a keychain, and someone cut the ring off and then replaced the head and helmet with ones from a normal Snowie.

The part is listed on BL, but there's no availability info in that entry.

mmmmmm........ can't see the metal pin in the neck, unless they done an extremely good job of filling in and hiding as can still see the Lego logo on the neck. If it was a keychain it was definately a Snowtrooper one as has the Snowtrooper printed front. Thanks for the replies, unfortunately, a mystery this still is, clouded its history is.

It depends on why and how much you want it.

I think it's save to say that sooner or later, Lego will remake this vehicle, which will be available then for a much lower price than $300.

So, to me, the question is if you want to spend $300 today for a set that very likely will be available in the future for 1/3 or 1/2 of that amount of money.

Personally, I'd wait.

Edited by Brickadeer

Agree with Brickadeer, they will no doubt make another one within the next 5 years which will likely be a better design as well as cheaper. Wait if you can.

I already own one that I have built, and the only reason I would buy this second one, would be to just collect and keep over time seeing as how it is quite sought after and people like the large number of droids.

Would it be a worthwhile trade TC-14 for Shadow ARF? Rarity and price wise? I really want the ARF, but TC is my very first promo/chrome fig. :wacko:

I already own one that I have built, and the only reason I would buy this second one, would be to just collect and keep over time seeing as how it is quite sought after and people like the large number of droids.

I'm aware of that. I do not believe that the price will rise much or any further at all, though, and I believe that its price will drop when the vehicle is re-released.

Would it be a worthwhile trade TC-14 for Shadow ARF? Rarity and price wise? I really want the ARF, but TC is my very first promo/chrome fig. :wacko:

I don't think so. I'd stick with TC-14. Shinies rule.

Edited by Brickadeer

It's really up to you. If you don't care at all for TC-14 and like ARF Troopers, then "yes". If you really like the TC-14, keep him.

I don't think so. I'd stick with TC-14. Shinies rule.

I agree that Legocrazy81 should stick with T-14. On a separate note, the word "shinies" reminds me of TCW Season 1 when the newly trained clones are called that.

On a separate note, the word "shinies" reminds me of TCW Season 1 when the newly trained clones are called that.

C-3PO was called a "Shiny" in the episode "Mercy Mission". (:sick:)

C-3PO was called a "Shiny" in the episode "Mercy Mission". (:sick:)

I conveniently erased that episode from my memory.

Is anyone surprised that TC-14 is steadily valued at $30 on both Bricklink and eBay?

im having a problem with lego 9488 ARC troopers pauldron, it sticks out on the left for some reason, anyone know how to fix it?

P.S: sorry for low qauility, i took it with my 3DS cameraif u havent heard of me its cause im new hear

post-28579-13370392390166.jpg

Edited by Macoco
Topic merged and fomatting removed

im having a problem with lego 9488 ARC troopers pauldron, it sticks out on the left for some reason, anyone know how to fix it?

P.S: sorry for low qauility, i took it with my 3DS camera

if u havent heard of me its cause im new hear

It appears to me that you attached it wrongly. Remove the pauldron and do precisely what is done in the manual.

Enemies? As in villains? Well, these are the most important ones I think:

1. Palpatine (duh!)
  2. Count Dooku
  3. Poggle the Lesser
  4. Jango Fett

If you really just mean enemies, there are also the BDs, SBDs, Geonosians, Tuskens, Zam Wesell, and the arena beasts.

Out of that list, I'd go with Poggle the Lesser.

Poggle sounds such a cute but awesome name, and I can't imagine he's been done as many times as the other guys so if you can pull him off, you are surely onto a winner!

Perhaps this torso with one of those technic pneumatic T shaped gray bits poked into the body and then the newer general grievous legs attached to that, and then whatever head you like ^_^

Edited by Fuppylodders

Does anybody think that the snowspeeder from the 2011 advent calendar would fit the scale of the 20018 Brickmaster AT-AT? Or is it too big?

My TC-14 just shipped in. As my first promo fig, I am understandably quite excited. However, I am a little worried that the silver might eventually peel off. Is this an issue to be concerned of?

My TC-14 just shipped in. As my first promo fig, I am understandably quite excited. However, I am a little worried that the silver might eventually peel off. Is this an issue to be concerned of?

The chrome on all of LEGO's special figures does wear off with heavy play and TC-14 is no exception. Obviously one should take better care of a chrome minifigure than a normal one but it should be good on display and light play.

The chrome on all of LEGO's special figures does wear off with heavy play and TC-14 is no exception. Obviously one should take better care of a chrome minifigure than a normal one but it should be good on display and light play.

This response is spot on. Playing with the figure will wear the chrome off, but if you don't handle the fig much you'll be fine. I have some chromed greatswords and breastplates, etc from the mid 90's that were used sparingly and still look great.