XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Has anyone tried the new CMF medal from the swimmer on Celebration Luke and Han?

No, because Fangy is the only one that owns them, but that's not a bad idea.

No, because Fangy is the only one that owns them, but that's not a bad idea.

It'd be great if Luke's jacket wasn't unique to the book you have to buy for him. I guess you could put them on Celebration Luke and any normal Han for a better medal look.

Edited by StoutFiles

It'd be great if Luke's jacket wasn't unique to the book you have to buy for him. I guess you could put them on Celebration Luke and any normal Han for a better medal look.

Yeah, but that jacket doesn't appear else where in the movie so I doubt we'll see it.

Can someone tell what set this is. If more detail photos are needed please let me know.

Thanks!

Droid TRI Fighter version II

The thing that always bothered me in general is why lego in european countries cost more than double in the United states? My dad once paid $50 for a lego set in Denmark when it only costed $20 here. Isn't Denmark where Lego was born? Why the high prices?

I believe it is because of inflation in Europe, and also higher demand. Hope that helps. You can always buy on ebay and amazon.

How does Lego make up prices for their sets? I just found out that the Bounty Hunter Gunship and T-6 Jedi Shuttle have almost the same pieces, but the shuttle costs $10 more. What gives? :sceptic:

How does Lego make up prices for their sets? I just found out that the Bounty Hunter Gunship and T-6 Jedi Shuttle have almost the same pieces, but the shuttle costs $10 more. What gives? :sceptic:

Lego pricing is highly unpredictable, but some people have found there to be a certain level of correlation between the weight of a set and its price. Which does make sense, if a set has a bunch of 1x1's, we would not expect it to cost the same as a set that is mostly 2x4's. There also seems to be a factor played by new parts and minifigures in the set, like in the case for the new Jabba's Palace, which has a horrendous price per parts ratio, but does have a bunch of new molds and prints with the minifigs.

The "wild factor" in Lego prices is most easily seen in prices from country to country, where some sets cost pretty much the same in two countries, while another set that comes out at the same time, is the same size and is even within the same theme can cost significantly more than in one country than the other (all this is of course after correcting for exchange rates and taxes). These discrepancies does indicate that Lego in each country is given a lot of discretion, and that some sets are just assumed to be more sellable than others, with corresponding prices.

Lego pricing is highly unpredictable, but some people have found there to be a certain level of correlation between the weight of a set and its price. Which does make sense, if a set has a bunch of 1x1's, we would not expect it to cost the same as a set that is mostly 2x4's. There also seems to be a factor played by new parts and minifigures in the set, like in the case for the new Jabba's Palace, which has a horrendous price per parts ratio, but does have a bunch of new molds and prints with the minifigs.

The "wild factor" in Lego prices is most easily seen in prices from country to country, where some sets cost pretty much the same in two countries, while another set that comes out at the same time, is the same size and is even within the same theme can cost significantly more than in one country than the other (all this is of course after correcting for exchange rates and taxes). These discrepancies does indicate that Lego in each country is given a lot of discretion, and that some sets are just assumed to be more sellable than others, with corresponding prices.

Well put, I know megablocks overseas are generally much more expensive than the states. Even for the smaller sets, I've seen Lego do some sneaky things. For example for the Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid BP, Lego uses 2 red 1x2's for the base, while it could of easily been replaced by a 2x2. Just little things like this makes me wonder if Lego done this on purpose to give more pieces to a set unnecessarily.

Even a few years ago for licensed sets, there would rarely be a set that breaks the golden rule of 10 cents per piece. However most licensed sets are like that today, and its not uncommon to see City sets over the 10 cents per piece ratio.

Also, I forgot to mention the misleading box sizes. The box size for the 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter can comfortably fit 2 sets (I've tried it). Whenever I open any Lego set, usually the box is not nearly half full. Maybe its to give the illusion that you're getting a lot for your money? I don't know.

You should realize that costs (of production) are only partially reflected by the price. They are more important to decide the question whether or not the product should be produced at all.

Basically, the producer has to form expectations about the maximum price that buyers are prepared to pay. The higher price only reflects Lego's expectations that buyers are prepared to pay a higher price for the shuttle than for the gunship.

Even a few years ago for licensed sets, there would rarely be a set that breaks the golden rule of 10 cents per piece. However most licensed sets are like that today, and its not uncommon to see City sets over the 10 cents per piece ratio.

This notion is completely false. There has never been such a thing as 10 cents per piece, not in Licensed themes, and not in any other themes. Browse Brickest's Star Wars listings. Pick any year and you'll see that there have always been sets that don't make the 10 cents per piece standard. In the beginning, nearly none of them did.

This notion is completely false. There has never been such a thing as 10 cents per piece, not in Licensed themes, and not in any other themes. Browse Brickest's Star Wars listings. Pick any year and you'll see that there have always been sets that don't make the 10 cents per piece standard. In the beginning, nearly none of them did.

While I admit that not every set back in the day had 10 cents per piece ratio, it is still a huge margin. I randomly selected 2004, 2005, 2010 & 2011 as the years to compare for Lego Star Wars. I totaled the piece counts for each set and compared if they met the 10 cents per piece ratio. I only compared minifig models (no MINI scale or bundles). I gave leniency for 10 pieces in either direction, here are my results.

2004: 5 sets made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 2 did not.

2005: 8 sets made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 7 did not.

2010: 4 sets made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 15 did not.

2011: 1 set made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 18 did not.

As you can see sets a few years ago are much worse for piece for price count than they are a few years ago. Also I wasn't arguing licensed sets should be 10 cents per piece, but I was arguing that Lego sets have slowly increased in price while piece counts have remained the same.

Hi,

it occurs to me that SW helmets are made of two different materials. At least, this occured to me with the old (set 7655) phase II trooper, the first (set 7913) ARF Trooper and the current (set 9490) Sandtrooper. One material seems more cheap, less sturdy, the other material seems to be of a higher quality, it looks more solid (I describe my impressions from watching them, they might be wrong, though). Does anyone know what I mean and have further information on that issue?

Edited by Brickadeer

While I admit that not every set back in the day had 10 cents per piece ratio, it is still a huge margin. I randomly selected 2004, 2005, 2010 & 2011 as the years to compare for Lego Star Wars. I totaled the piece counts for each set and compared if they met the 10 cents per piece ratio. I only compared minifig models (no MINI scale or bundles). I gave leniency for 10 pieces in either direction, here are my results.

2004: 5 sets made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 2 did not.

2005: 8 sets made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 7 did not.

2010: 4 sets made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 15 did not.

2011: 1 set made the 10 cents per piece ratio, 18 did not.

As you can see sets a few years ago are much worse for piece for price count than they are a few years ago. Also I wasn't arguing licensed sets should be 10 cents per piece, but I was arguing that Lego sets have slowly increased in price while piece counts have remained the same.

A better comparison would be set weight vs price. But yes, inflation exists; the 15 cents per burger ratio of the 1940's doesn't hold up either. Sets cost more but people are (supposedly) being paid better since then so it all evens out.

Not helpful if you live in a country where the rate of inflation is far higher than the rate of pay rises or the increases in minimum wage (UK is stagnant on these fronts these days, damn torie government).

Price per part has nothing to do with it.

Redundancy is terrible on this forum. I say we all do our homework, realize there's no point in further discussing this issue that has been done to death, and move on to something more worthwhile. Please.

I'll be honest, this forum has been coming apart at the seams since KimT's resignation. If it isn’t spammers and off-topic posting it’s people neither caring about helping MOCers nor knowing the first thing about providing feedback on their creations.

This was once a forum to be proud of. It saddens me to see what it’s becoming.

Redundancy is terrible on this forum. I say we all do our homework, realize there's no point in further discussing this issue that has been done to death, and move on to something more worthwhile. Please.

I'll be honest, this forum has been coming apart at the seams since KimT's resignation. If it isn’t spammers and off-topic posting it’s people neither caring about helping MOCers nor knowing the first thing about providing feedback on their creations.

While I cannot say I've been a longtime member here, you definitely cannot. You haven't been here 2 months and you act like you've been here since the start? Please watch what you say, I'm quite insulted by your statement actually. If users like this don't want to give their own input and just tell others to shut up because what they share their opinion then I'll stop talking about this subject.

Hi,

it occurs to me that SW helmets are made of two different materials. At least, this occured to me with the old (set 7655) phase II trooper, the first (set 7913) ARF Trooper and the current (set 9490) Sandtrooper. One material seems more cheap, less sturdy, the other material seems to be of a higher quality, it looks more solid (I describe my impressions from watching them, they might be wrong, though). Does anyone know what I mean and have further information on that issue?

The good quality is regular plastic; the bad quality is the dreaded "Chinese Plastic".

Sandtrooper helmets have complex print on them, so they are made in China.

What is odd to me is that you say all these comments and rude remarks and it says you only joined

Group:Eurobricks Vassals

Member:26793

How can someone have such knowledge about this forum in such a short time frame ..UNLESS.........??????????????

So, that being said you have a great day FALLENANGEL.... :laugh_hard::rofl::tongue:

Edited by lego envy

What is odd to me is that you say all these comments and rude remarks and it says you only joined

How can someone have such knowledge about this forum in such a short time frame ..UNLESS.........??????????????

So, that being said you have a great day FALLENANGEL.... :laugh_hard::rofl::tongue:

If this member were Fallenangel, then the forum would be better off for it.

As it is though, let's keep this thread on track, alright? If anyone wants to talk about the forum's supposed descent into chaos please do it in the mod thread.

That's what I was thinking, it either had to be multiple accounts or someone who thinks 2 months is a long time. Who is FallenAngel anyway and what did he do to merit a ban?

If this member were Fallenangel, then the forum would be better off for it.

As it is though, let's keep this thread on track, alright? If anyone wants to talk about the forum's supposed descent into chaos please do it in the mod thread.

That's what I was thinking, it either had to be multiple accounts or someone who thinks 2 months is a long time. Who is FallenAngel anyway and what did he do to merit a ban?

Or they lurked on Eurobricks for a long time before joining.

What annoys me, is that if you think your suspicions is right, then you ought to report it to the Moderators by clicking the 'Report' button. Instead, you passed judgement to a fellow Eurobricks members by thinking if one is a previously banned Eurobricks member just because that member is new! He/she could have been lurking in Eurobricks for a long time and decided to join the community. I don't find this action welcoming.

Leave the investigation to the Eurobricks Staff and focus on the discussing relevant content in this topic instead of de-railing it completely by mini-modding which I am very upset now.

To all, consider this as a warning and don't let it repeat again.

Stay on TOPIC!

WhiteFang