Sign in to follow this  
kabel

AoM - Eliza's Garden

Eliza Thorsson, a Native Varlyrian, followed her husband Cpt. Sven Thorsson to Mitgardia after the war against Revolword was over. Mitgardia seemed to her like a beautiful place indeed - the air was fresh and not as sticky as at home, the country was wild but the people very friendly towards her. However, she was missing flowers and fresh vegetables. So one day she decided to start her own garden in the backyard of the Thorshaven house she and her husband Sven were no living in.

Raising vegetables in the North was hard because the Mitgardian soil is not very vertile. But with the help of the raised-bed gardening technique she was able to tranform this place into a small oasis which yielded a small crop supplyingher kitchen well:

10157802076_16f79d9c02_c.jpg

10157590774_501e3233e2_c.jpg

10155924555_0f6311a8ba_c.jpg

Edited by kabel

Nice house, and good idea with carrot :thumbup:

P.S. Why is stone wall all in branches? No cleaning of course :classic: :classic:

I can only see the last pic, but from what I CAN see, it looks great! :classic:

I fixed the links, can you all see the pics now?

Thanks for the comments given already though!

An organic peaceful scene, I like how you used the black plates as for roofs.

The crops also look good. :classic:

Interesting use of the Toy Soldiers base there and the planters look like they're built from planks. :thumbup:

Nice one mate!

i've noticed alot of midgardian builds recently have turned avalonian like.

whats up with that?

10157590774_501e3233e2_c.jpg

youve got a weird flower stem down low :wacko:

Edited by Legonardo

Lovely garden that feels very believable!

A note on the photography: When building a one-sided house like this, I think it would be a good thing to put another layer of bricks/plates behind so that less light would seep through cracks between pieces (especially when taking pictures head on).

Excellent build, kabel :thumbup: As mrcp6d said the raised beds really look like they're made out of planks :thumbup:

Does the house have dark red and dark tan as the color scheme? The dark red looks a lot like reddish brown, so I can't quite tell.

Neat roof with the CMF baseplates :classic:

thanks a lot guys, I'm gald the pics seem to work now.

@LD: not quite sure what you mean. I've actually always considered Mitgardia's southwestern coast my home, meaning that our climate there isn't that much different from the one in neighboring Avalonia, due to warm oceanic currents. Actually I have often build Mitgardia mocs with half timbered houses and not that much snow. Check out these for example:

sscn2365.jpg

dscn1085.jpg

dscn2014.jpg

8961442462_f4a86477bd_z.jpg

And, I always use the dark tan as the typcial Mitgardian ground color. And another thing you have to know, is by raising the beds above the ground you can actually grow stuff much better. I've just build boxes like the ones depicted here in my own garden, and it works extremely well!

I have no clue why the flower stem looks like this ....

@gideon: you're totally right about the light! I'll remember this next time I only build a facade!

@SK: it's dark red and normal tan

Edited by kabel