OK, so I was pottering with my Lego on Friday night, when I started to come up with this. It only took me about half-an-hour once I'd got started, plus about 5 minutes on Saturday morning to change a few pieces.

So, without further ado, I present Johnny Thunder's flying jeep/truck. The jeep is basically the same as the one from 5978, with the obvious additions of the wings, tail and propellor.

img_1153a.jpg

img_1154a.jpg

img_1159a.jpg

The wings at the back open in two ways. The first allows access to the storage compartment.

img_1163a.jpg

img_1164a.jpg

The tail also makes a step to allow Thunder to reach into the storage area.

img_1166a.jpg

Inside the storage area there is a map, a red 'viking horn/tooth', a blue jewel, a pair of binoculars and Thunder's gun. Fixed on the sides of the jeep are a spade and an axe.

img_1168a.jpg

Now for the plane. The tail and propellor swing out from under the jeep after the wings have lifted it a short distance off the ground.

img_1178a.jpg

img_1180a.jpg

img_1182a.jpg

When in jeep mode, the tail and propellor sit neatly under the chassis.

img_1186a.jpg

img_1188a.jpg

Finally, all that remains is for me to point you towards the gallery (when public).

Comments, questions and criticisms welcome. :-)

Sort of reminds me of a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang of the Adventurers Theme. Neat.

Yeah, I got that impression after I'd made it.

Its a little too James Bond like for my taste... at least as part of the Adventurers theme. I love James Bond in general.

As to the MOC, it is very well done. I like how the prop fits under the jeep (though wouldn't it get all banged up if you went off-roading?). I like how the back opens up.

Steve

Thats a sweet little moc car you have their BB, i really like the addition of the step at the back for johnny to access the boot.

Its quite obvious that youve taken the time to think about this moc even if it didnt take long to make.

Add a couple of trans-fluro radar dishes and antennas and you've got the perfect Western-Time Cruisers crossover! X-D

Very good and innovative! It looks soo cool with the attachments fold out. Lovely! *y*

I guess Johnny have to drive over a cliff to initiate the take-off.... what a dareful maneuver! 8-| Great!

Very cool car *y* ! For me, it looks a bit too sci-fi for the Adventurers theme, but it works great for fantasy/sci-fi themes. Keep it up *y* !

I really like how you got everything to fold into the car, so that it still looks decently normal in it's 'car' form. The colours seem rather splotchy, but I guess they would if someone were to make something like this in that time period.

I like how the prop fits under the jeep (though wouldn't it get all banged up if you went off-roading?).

Probably, but there wasn't really any other way to do it. It doesn't scrape on the flat though, as long as it's positioned right.

Thats a sweet little moc car you have their BB, i really like the addition of the step at the back for johnny to access the boot.

Its quite obvious that youve taken the time to think about this moc even if it didnt take long to make.

Yeah, I thought of the idea a while before I actually built it, but as far as implementation goes most of it was off the top of my head. The step was actually accidental. I made it as the tail first, then realised I could fold it out to make a step.

Add a couple of trans-fluro radar dishes and antennas and you've got the perfect Western-Time Cruisers crossover! X-D

:-D

The colours seem rather splotchy, but I guess they would if someone were to make something like this in that time period.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for, and the basic jeep was pretty much made from the Sphinx set.

And thanks everyone for the compliments. :-)

Also a little to James Bond for my average JT adventure, but intriguing none the less... I'd make the wings a little longer as they'd have to be pretty massive to lift the jeep without the aid of the prop...

God Bless,

Nathan

I'd make the wings a little longer as they'd have to be pretty massive to lift the jeep without the aid of the prop...

The prop folds out shortly after initial take-off, but I see what you mean. I know it wouldn't work, but that's the fun isn't it. And if the wings were any longer, they'd hang over the back of the vehicle.

I could have made a modern car in this way, but the prop and tail would have had to actually fold into the base of the car, rather than just sit underneath. Here, the wheels can be placed in such a way that the car is high enough to not have the prop catch on the ground, and still look right.

I've never been a fan of car-planes, but I have to say this is one nifty little creation you have here. The concept is nice, and I like the little step-up on the back of the car (though perhaps it's too big of a step?).

Anyway, great work :-)

Thanks. Actually, this is my first proper car-plane. I just thought I'd have a go and see what I could come up with.

And the step up is 'too big' because it would be difficult to make it smaller without the tail suffering. It is a big reach though.

Nice vechicle, as has been said, very much like chitty chitty bang bang. It's cool because when everything is folded away it looks like an ordanary car, but then...duh duh! Flying car! Very neat design, i also like how the propeller is tucked under the chassis! *y*

Oh my god, it's a gigantic Transformer!

(something like this is said in the movie Spaceballs)

I like this moc very much, the design is realistic and fantastic at the same time.

And the fold-out propellor is great.