Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

Anyone else in Australia having problems??

I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered it on the 1st and still "In Process" on the website (though it says shipped 7th when the full order is displayed). I'm not too worried as another of my orders from Oct 2010 still says "In Process" and I'm pretty sure I have all the other sets I have ordered! I'm just glad the shipping is now free as it used to cost $80 in postage for a set like this.

I just ordered my second set, as the status turned into 'Available' this morning.... :sweet: Here is what i want to modify.... and this is how it might look like in the end...

11976677345_16cf475309_b.jpg

I also would like to make it somewhat higher... but that depends on the sparebricks, after making it wider... i think i can make it about 2 bricks higher....

Hopefully my second set is delivered before the weekend starts...!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Edited by LegoSjaak

I like the wider version much more than the taller version. After complaining that mine was taking a while, it arrived today - but I have been told I have to wait before making it!

After complaining that mine was taking a while, it arrived today - but I have been told I have to wait before making it!

Well I hope mine is close, I'm getting more and more impatient everyday it doesn't arrive........ Come on LEGO!!!

Here is what i want to modify.... and this is how it might look like in the end...

That double wide version looks delicious!!!! I'll be very keen to see that once you've built... Makes me tempted to pick up another one......

The PR is definitely worth the money! I am one house behind - still missing PC - but when I saw PR I just had to have it!

It is one of my favorite modular houses for sure!

I just ordered my second set, as the status turned into 'Available' this morning.... :sweet: Here is what i want to modify.... and this is how it might look like in the end...

You might have enough space to write 'Albert' instead of 'Chez'!

You might have enough space to write 'Albert' instead of 'Chez'!

might even have enough space to write 'Prince Albert' ..... :grin:

I'm still considering what to do.. made another drawing concerning the roof.. The first care is the front.. i will re-do the back with the leftovers...

Well I hope mine is close, I'm getting more and more impatient everyday it doesn't arrive........ Come on LEGO!!!

That double wide version looks delicious!!!! I'll be very keen to see that once you've built... Makes me tempted to pick up another one......

The longer i look at it, the earlier i would like to start.. the second 10243 set might be delivered this saturday..or..even tomorrow..

Dutch postals are really quick!! ....I think i will widen it with 16 studs... the windows on the second floor are 8 studs wide.. so i might reproduce them twice.. Still have a long way to go...also the inside should be modified thoroughly... !! do'nt need two kitchens... and so on.. !

greetz, LegoSjaak

Edited by LegoSjaak

I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered it on the 1st and still "In Process" on the website (though it says shipped 7th when the full order is displayed). I'm not too worried as another of my orders from Oct 2010 still says "In Process" and I'm pretty sure I have all the other sets I have ordered! I'm just glad the shipping is now free as it used to cost $80 in postage for a set like this.

I'm really sorry for the aussies amongst us.... i ordered my second 10243 today, at about 9.00 hours..and it will be delivered tomorrow between 11.30 and 13.30 hours.......no shippingcosts.......

Broke down and ordered mine the other day. I really want to see people's mods on this, but I also must. not. buy. second. set. :tongue:

I'm really sorry for the aussies amongst us.... i ordered my second 10243 today, at about 9.00 hours..and it will be delivered tomorrow between 11.30 and 13.30 hours.......no shippingcosts.......

Mine finally arrived today!! Very exciting... Now I will just need to find time to build :laugh:

Mine finally arrived today!! Very exciting... Now I will just need to find time to build :laugh:

Well, have fun then and hope to see some pictures after you've built it and put in in your layout or modular-street!!

I will start modding tonight....will start with the second floor and then expand the rest of the building.. will need another 16 x 32 baseplate... should be somewhere in the attic...!!

Btw, did someone here noticed color variations on the white bricks? Especially the 1x1 flat tiles have a yellowed white in my set. I never experienced that before and I was slightly disappointed as they look like some of my white bricks from the 70's.

Btw, did someone here noticed color variations on the white bricks? Especially the 1x1 flat tiles have a yellowed white in my set. I never experienced that before and I was slightly disappointed as they look like some of my white bricks from the 70's.

I did not notice that...but if i were you, i would contact Lego and they will sure be replaced!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I did not notice that...but if i were you, i would contact Lego and they will sure be replaced!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

You think they will do that? Well, I'll try! Even though it's not the end of the world it would make me feel better to have proper white bricks... :blush:

Wow, the double wide version looks really nice, but buying a second one means not buying something else. Decisions, decisions..

You think they will do that? Well, I'll try! Even though it's not the end of the world it would make me feel better to have proper white bricks... :blush:

I really think they will.. propose to send the yellowed ones to them.. But i do not think they do want you to sent them..

They will try to keep you satisfied.. and a few white tiles wont hurt The Lego Group!

Excellent idea--That looks a lot better than simply snapping on a mirrored PR!!

Just got one yesterday from lego.com and started building it late last night along with the free ATV set.

I stayed up til 3am and only got to building the first floor. I just love the whole building experience, so I try not to rush it.

I have to say I am very impressed with it just building the 1st floor, this is my 2nd lego building next to the haunted house. This will be a great place for my mini figures to hang out.

20140117_083716_zpse235d4e6.jpg

The rebel pilot on the bicycle with R2 on the back almost made me spill my coffee, good stuff!

Yesterday's progress on my wider version of the restaurant: 12007458905_5e74a54dc0_b.jpg12008273436_37a821c5f3_b.jpg12007908524_c313f38241_b.jpg12007833983_ed862746f2_b.jpg the interior will be changed a bit, depending on the leftover bricks from the restaurant itself.... the attick might get a small kitchen as well.....so far only built with the bricks from both sets....Greetz, LegoSjaak

Edited by LegoSjaak

Excellent idea--That looks a lot better than simply snapping on a mirrored PR!!

it looks reaaly good, although it might not look as good as your MOC's but okay, i have to start somewhere... :sweet:

Yesterday's progress on my wider version of the restaurant:

Wow that looks amazing!! :wub: :wub: I'd be tempted to create an alley way on the other side in the same style as the bottom floor as it looks pretty cool as it is! But I'm sure your version will be awesome! I look forward to seeing the finished product!

That double wide is pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing how the ground floor comes out. Are you going to leave the restaurant entrance in the same place?