Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

It would have been better if TLG had added a liitle printed painting as a brick for the atelier (3rd floor) or at least a sticker with an image of a real painting instead of having only some basic coloured small plates which have to be adjusted.

A painter as an extra minifig would have been a nice addition to the set.

Bear in mind that the painting is supposed to look the way it does, since the restaurant is set in France. The lady artist has produced a cubist painting (a lá Pablo Picasso).

cubism-painting-heartbrokentolive.jpg

Edited by nesquik

Thanks october and Legogal! october, all of the set parts are LEGO parts-- the lights are products I make and sell through my company, Brickstuff. They are designed to fit inside bricks and otherwise integrate with LEGO parts.

Edited by Rob Klingberg

Yeah.

I thought, that the PR will be the best modular ever.

Thats why it is my first one ;O)

But what should come after that. I thought that further builds will be disappointing. So I build today the PS. Nad to be honest - yes, it is simpler, but also nice. I like the toilet and the double build.

And I cant imagine any other modular looking better on the left side than the PS ;O)

They belong together... GE is next, and afterwards .... ;O)

Mine just arrived — I didn't get a dispatch notification either. The receipt email arrived a few minutes after the set.

Looking forward to starting the build when I get home!

Mine has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of days now. It is a real masterpiece, both interior and exterior are superb. I especially love the building techniques for the liqour cabinet, the roof ornaments and the refrigerator. I also love the dark blue of the roof and the rough-looking chimney.

I managed to swing by the mall yesterday and cashed in some VIP points.

Overall, I thought the PR fantastic. Easily one of the best Modulars ever, I loved the overall form and the layers of detail - really top notch design work. To TLG: more like this please...

The icing on the cake, though, was that I had enough points to get it for free. :classic:

It'd be interesting to know sales vs. stock for this model. It's been out of stock at least twice now on Lego's GB store. (Now stating shipping in two weeks.)

Well, everyday I grow more disappointed... I ordered PR on the 2nd January and it still hasn't arrived :angry: It still says 'in process' on the MyAccount section of the website.... With no description as to what that actually means.... Anyone else in Australia having problems??

Well, everyday I grow more disappointed... I ordered PR on the 2nd January and it still hasn't arrived :angry: It still says 'in process' on the MyAccount section of the website.... With no description as to what that actually means.... Anyone else in Australia having problems??

Hi timmyc1983,

kind of had the same issue, ordered on the first, no confirmation email and status "in progress"...

On the 5th I sent an email to S@H Customer Support, the next day it showed as tendered on the track my status link and on the 9th it was home... Try give them a call or email...

After a few hours building, I must say this is really one of my favourite Modular, I'd say right after Green Grocer (first love can't be beaten..). The details and techniques are great and even if a typical Parisian building is everything but olive green, royal blue and white. it actually really looks like a Parisian building...

The build is various and fun, sometimes repetitive, do twice the same part assembly but in the end a total enjoyment!!! Thanks a lot Jamie / TLG

One thing I noticed is that it was kind of easier to build (eventhough there are nice techniques) and I did not have to look for parts for minutes sometimes, it was a very fluid build and yet attractive for usual Modular fans builders :classic:

Here a few pics of the PR (a story higher):

11935919755_58187ae2f1_c.jpg

IMG_0468

11936760776_fe35b43449_c.jpg

IMG_0470

11936371924_569a6bbb9a_c.jpg

IMG_0474

Edited by SwissBrick

I might be late on this, but did anyone notice the tile floor in the front says 'CHEZ' as in the restaurant name? Pretty cool.

-Sci

I might be late on this, but did anyone notice the tile floor in the front says 'CHEZ' as in the restaurant name? Pretty cool.

-Sci

Someone definitely mentioned it but I'm not about to try and figure out where...

That is one of those little details that I love about these buildings, almost makes it cooler that its fairly hidden once the patio is fully built.

Edited by sin

Same here. Ordered on the 1st and no shipping notice yet, with the order showing "In process" on the main order status page. However, click through to the order details and there was a shipping date of 7th (even though the main page still says in process). Did you get an email receipt from LEGO? They sent one through to me on 7th. My understanding is that they don't charge your card until the order is shipped.

So jealous right now.

I built PR double-width (i.e., the duplicate as a mirror image), and judging from your pic, I think it looks better with double-height. My only concern was having arched windows on top of each other, but it doesn't look unnatural now that I see it. It saves table space, too!

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Someone definitely mentioned it but I'm not about to try and figure out where...

That is one of those little details that I love about these buildings, almost makes it cooler that its fairly hidden once the patio is fully built.

It is underneath the patio seating out front. Cafe Corner has one too that spells out Cafe. I only just saw this the other day :wacko:

11935919755_58187ae2f1_c.jpg

IMG_0468

Looks really nice with an extra floor (and it looks more parisian this way).

The only concern I could find, is that I guess it may look better with a "normal window" (like on the sides) instead of the balcony with the "bow window" on the extra floor.

That's awesome Swissbrick. So envious right now. :laugh:

Thanks Wodanis, was a real pleasure to build!

Is it possible to see a rear view?

Here you go:

11936375144_91202d31a1_c.jpg

IMG_0472

11935917075_02c6c70c79_c.jpg

IMG_0471

Same here. Ordered on the 1st and no shipping notice yet, with the order showing "In process" on the main order status page. However, click through to the order details and there was a shipping date of 7th (even though the main page still says in process). Did you get an email receipt from LEGO? They sent one through to me on 7th. My understanding is that they don't charge your card until the order is shipped.

So jealous right now.

Kristel, I am sooooooo jealous of your creativity and high end custom modulars, we can exchange if you want, you give me your skills and I sent you 2 PRs in express :wink:

I built PR double-width (i.e., the duplicate as a mirror image), and judging from your pic, I think it looks better with double-height. My only concern was having arched windows on top of each other, but it doesn't look unnatural now that I see it. It saves table space, too!

As stated by Zed_43 and yourself, I might think of moding it to a normal window... Definitely saves room on the table and bricks.. :classic:

@RoxYourBlox I would love to see photos of that double-wide PR!

Me too!

Looks really nice with an extra floor (and it looks more parisian this way).

The only concern I could find, is that I guess it may look better with a "normal window" (like on the sides) instead of the balcony with the "bow window" on the extra floor.

You're right Zed_43, will try to mod it. Thanks!

Edited by SwissBrick

That building is gorgeous. My only concern is the figures having to go through the first floor apartment to get to the second apartment, instead of having back stairs go to every floor. I guess, maybe trying to copy Green Grocer's ladder system to allow access to all the floors without privacy concerns? I realize, that is silly since most buildings from my youth didn't have stairs at all. They just had to "fly" up there somehow.

I don't particularly love the double height, unless all of them were that way. Although I do want a slightly taller PR, just not double the middle module. I know skylines have different heights, but I like them a little closer together. It just makes this building feel so much smaller with it narrower left-right to give room for the patio, and then also shorter in height compared to most of the modulars.

Ordered mine on the 1st. Still has its status as "In Process". I got a receipt on the 7th and a tracking link which says its tendered. Still no sign of the actual package.

I emailed CS because I'm impatient. They emailed me back this morning to let tell me that my order has been shipped on the 9th and to expect it in 13 business days!! And now the status has been changed to shipped too... Maybe there was a backlog with the silly season.... Might be worth checking now as they may have done a whole bunch together...

S@Home has always been pretty terrible with deliveries. I love how they don't let you preorder and then take an entire week to process the one you made on release day.

Kristel, I am sooooooo jealous of your creativity and high end custom modulars, we can exchange if you want, you give me your skills and I sent you 2 PRs in express :wink:

I'm good. :blush:

S@Home has always been pretty terrible with deliveries. I love how they don't let you preorder and then take an entire week to process the one you made on release day.

I agree on the pre-order fact, I'd be very happy if that was possible! But I don't have had any problems with deliveries or order processing and I do order a lot of stuff with S@H. Only my Parisian Restaurant took some extra time. I always order with standard shipping and even then I usually receive the items within 4-5 days...

[ontopic]Nice touch, that extra floor! Although the building looks a bit 'thin' to me now... :wink: