Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

Just on curiosity...I wonder how many PR's TLG has sold already?! They can't keep them stocked on the shelve enough at the Downtown Disney store - haha. They come off...then they put more up.

I'll be getting one soon...next week once Downtown Disney slows down; I got a 2nd Palace Cinema for Christmas from my parents not knowing I already bought one - haha!

I've got mine a few hours ago!

And I have now built the first floor. Lots of details in this building, that's for sure! :)

I have not seen anyone mentioned it before but there is a mosaic in front of the restaurant, but is is mostly hidden by the furniture outside. It says CHEZ in tan letters :)

I love all the details on the kitchen.

Now a few hours sleep and then I build the rest :)

Just on curiosity...I wonder how many PR's TLG has sold already?! They can't keep them stocked on the shelve enough at the Downtown Disney store - haha. They come off...then they put more up.

I'll be getting one soon...next week once Downtown Disney slows down; I got a 2nd Palace Cinema for Christmas from my parents not knowing I already bought one - haha!

Does that place ever slow down? I've been there three times this week and every time it was madness in there.

I almost picked up the PR but decided to wait. When the Palace Cinema released I grabbed it right away and then they gave out Lego Movie stickers and I missed out on that.

Finally on the top floor of the PR! OMG is it a wonderful set, or what? Hope to finish it tonight.

And yes, Otw, it is great to have something to build inside when it is so friggin' cold outside. We southerners definitely are spoiled. So glad your wife chained you to her wrist and forced you to march in that mall with you! At least you did not come out with twenty pairs of shoes for her and nuttin' for you! Now that you have a copy to build, who cares when the second one arrives? You must have plenty of other boxed sets that need built if you are like us.

Hubby has been my slave the past week dutifully building those Architecture sets that were piled up all over the house. He just finished the Eiffel Tower, and swears he will never go up that thing in person. When we were last there, he just looked up at it and almost fainted. So I did it alone as usual. All he has left to build is Robbie House, which is a biggie and has been hidden so he doesn't not go on strike. I just made chic chip brownies for him, so he is holding up okay.

All,

If you miss PR, you will greatly dislike yourself for sure. It is just outstanding. Can't wait to tile the outside deck and stairwell once I get the roof on. Would love to build this baby in reverse in light yellow; just may have enough if I tear up another house. Woooooeee!

Still have Palace Cinema and Sydney Op House in the box. Need another week off. Cheerio!

Edited by Legogal

I have just finished building it. I really believe that this is the nicest modular building of all. My wife (who has just eyes to enjoy Lego as she does not build) really liked it as well and kept on looking into every details.

I was somewhat disappointed with the last two modular buildings but kept on buying them in order not to break my collection.

Now I am wondering next to which other modular I will put it. Any thoughts?

kinggregus, While I can't say for sure, I'd think the Pet Shop would be a good height and look for the Parisian Restaurant. If you check out MetroiD's recent (and fantastic) review, he has some pictures up of the two modulars connected.

You mentioned that you were disappointed with the last two modulars, but I particularly like the look of the Palace Cinema and I was wondering how it'd look next to the Parisian Restaurant. I know it's a heavy request, but I'd be forever grateful if you posted a picture of the two attached. :classic:

Happy new year!

I've ordered the set 1st Jan.. It has been delivered yesterday, thanks to the fastest shipping service in South Korea.

- 1st floor

Like other modular buildings, it has many 1x1 tile bricks on the floor. The inside is brilliant, especially the curtains and the kitchens. At the backside of the building, the trash box, some cheeses, and a mouse give much detail.

- 2nd floor

The furnitures such as a fireplace, a chair and a bed give much fun to build. However, the balcony has a little bit small place. It has only 1x4 space, so only one minifigure could be placed.

- 3rd floor

It is a little bit boring to bulid the roof and facade. Maybe because I bulit it three hours straightly or repeatedly assembly the same design of the roof and facade. However, it looks good when it is finished.

- Overall

This is my third modular building after the Fire Station and the Pet Shop. This Restaurant is the best to build. It goes very well with the Pet Shop. The height, width and depth is very similar to the Pet Shop. The restaurant has enough tables to play with minifigures. It is the highly recommendable, 10 of 10 set.

Edited by syzipus

I really want this set. Even my fiancé likes it, and she often tells me how tired she is of my collecting Lego toys. :laugh:

There's a contest in the latest issue of the Lego Club Magazine to win this set, but the form asks for the child's name and age. I didn't see any rules saying it was only for kids. Are adults allowed to enter?

Now I am wondering next to which other modular I will put it. Any thoughts?

I was thinking it would look good to the left of Market Street (As viewed from the front) I expect the the two open areas would compliment each other and help view the details on the side and of course the rear seating area. Indeed I am seriously considering Bricklinking a Market street just to go with the PR!

Bought one on Thursday, planning to build it over the long weekend, maybe one floor a day (Monday is public holiday here). "Of course" it's already completed by now instead. :) Really a nice building, though I think I'll have to add a second second floor some day.

One thing I noticed, by the way: the black fence piece is a new version with four studs on top instead of just two with a smooth area in between - even the instructions still show the two-stud version. I guess this makes this piece's use a bit more flexible...

I was thinking it would look good to the left of Market Street (As viewed from the front) I expect the the two open areas would compliment each other and help view the details on the side and of course the rear seating area. Indeed I am seriously considering Bricklinking a Market street just to go with the PR!

I thought that it would look good. Therefore, I built Market Street with pieces only using my collection. I had to replace some parts, but it looks very nice and I'm happy with it. The Parisian Restaurant I have not yet finished, but I can take pictures of both buildings today. :wink:

I received my copy today, can't wait to start building :classic: Strangely, I didn't receive an e-mail from Lego that the set was shipped, so was a bit surprised when the mailman knocked on the door with the Parisian Restaurant. I ordered it on the 1st of January by the way.

The set will most likely be placed next to Palace Cinema (which is in my opinion the worst modular yet), and accompanied on the other side with Market Street. Don't know yet. I'm fortunate to own all of the modular buildings, started collecting since the release of Cafe Corner... :blush:

Edited by astra

I got a little excited when I saw the previous reply, then an hour later I received an email confirming that mine shipped. I ordered just after midnight on the first but it looks like I won't be receiving it until the 7th :sceptic:

I placed mine next to MS. The lower roof areas are level with one another. The MS roof is just that, a roof. One idea might be to extend the PR Terrance over onto the MS roof. Add some additional square footage to the patio dining area. It might look batter. Just an option.

It would have been better if TLG had added a liitle printed painting as a brick for the atelier (3rd floor) or at least a sticker with an image of a real painting instead of having only some basic coloured small plates which have to be adjusted.

A painter as an extra minifig would have been a nice addition to the set.

I've just finished the base floor. Wow. The level of details is just fantastic! This is most definitely in my top three of modular buildings! Credits to the reviewer, absolutely right in terms of details and building-joy :classic:

I bought it on the 2nd and build it at once - it is my first modular. And I thought my last ;O)

The Set is wonderful. I loved all the details - you can see how much ideas and love has been put in the design. Perfect Set - Excellent value. I think this will be very expensive in a few years...

I am a little surprised about its size - it has more parts than the haunted house that I gave my girl friend as a present for Christmas. But when you build it you can see where all the parts go. It has been a very very nice build.

And at the end... I just bought the PS and ordered the GE ;O) ooops ;O)

I am a little unsure about the PC because thze reviews are not on the top as for the other sets.

Happy building to all...

I got a little excited when I saw the previous reply, then an hour later I received an email confirming that mine shipped. I ordered just after midnight on the first but it looks like I won't be receiving it until the 7th :sceptic:

As of Sunday morning, mine is still in the "In Process" status and I ordered right when it became available. :look: Is anyone else still waiting for their PR to be shipped?

Yep, I'm waiting. Ordered January 1.

Fortunately, or unfortunately given my option of the set, I got another one at the local Lego store and have built it already.

I finished PR yesterday and it looks really nice together with MS.

What bothers me is that the two terraces are offset from each other. MS is a bit further to the street. But I'll probably put a couple of chairs on it and build the MS terrace a little further back.

Pictures:

11776113703_efe2774342_c.jpg

11776330933_86181df4b4_c.jpg

11776373583_44eea442a4_c.jpg

I finished PR yesterday and it looks really nice together with MS.

What bothers me is that the two terraces are offset from each other. MS is a bit further to the street. But I'll probably put a couple of chairs on it and build the MS terrace a little further

That's the way I have mine set up. With a few bricks and plates here and there, the terraces should match up.

Looks good and thanks for adding pics.

I finished building this set yesterday, and I have to agree with the others that it is by far the best Modular to date (I've built them all, save the Market Street). It is the richest set of the bunch in terms of overall detail, and as others have pointed out, it actually is priced very reasonably given the number and type of parts included. Simply stunning to see it finished, and a joy to build. I have to say one more time that the level of detail is amazing-- so many little features and creative use of parts show just how much thought went into creating this set.

Of course, I couldn't be content simply with building it-- I had to light it up! That added an extra 1.5 days to my build time, but I am happy with the final results. 20+ LEDs, six lighting effect controllers, and much creative running of wire later, and it's complete. All wire is contained within the building, hidden beneath floors and inside the walls. The existing structure was modified only slightly (adding a black wall on the 3rd floor to conceal the battery pack, etc.), and everything is self-contained. The whole thing turns on and off via a micro magnetic switch in one of the chimney posts-- place or remove a 1x1 round plate with embedded magnet to turn everything on and off. I will be working on a video and posting soon. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickstuff/sets/72157639439897404/

--Rob